According to SI Peter King.... | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

According to SI Peter King....

31-14 blowout of Seattle: 307 yds, 2 TDs, 0 INTs
27-13 loss to Indy, 476 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT
31-17 loss to Bal, 314 yds, 2 TDs
24-16 loss to SF, 370 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT
49-29 win over KC, 296 yds, 4 TDs

The SL game LOOKS close as they lost by 3 but they were getting blown out and never truly had a chance and he 347 yds and 3 TDs after falling behind 33-13.

He's a good #s QB, you aren't winning anything w/ him.

why did u include a blowout win over KC and seattle not sure that helps make your point. He had bad numbers in some losses u cant just conveniently pick the games where he had good numbers. Do u honestly think Sanchez would have done better in Denver last year. I mean lets not forget u have two receivers better than thier top guy, better runningbacks, better TE, better OL and much better defense.

I have to agree that henne and orton are not that far apart in talent. Orton looked like **** when he was with the bears and henne has looked like **** for us. He just needs some consistency and also an OC that can keep defenses on their heels with some play calling. Also I am not a big sanchez believer, i think he is highly overrated and if they ever open up the playbook it will show, all he did last year was throw across the middle to a WR on a slant and to his RB's. I do not think the phins will be a success until we get a new coaching staff in here, i like sparanos passion but he is def missing something when it comes to being a head coach. I hope they can do something fast thought cause I think our defense is going to be very good this year and long as davis and smith show some growth.

I would love to hear a Bills or Jet (NYjunc) fan explain how Sanchez is so much better than Henne and a steal at No.4 in the draft. He had a 75.3 rating on a team, with a better O'line, which resulted in more time and a better running game.A team with a better D and a far better ST. Now we can all look at individual games and say Sanchez done this, Henne did that, but in my mind both were piss poor last year. Take a look at the Qb's with over 90 QBR compared to the ones below 80 and then you will see a major difference.

Like I said previously, Trent Dilfer was lambasted by the media with similar QBR to Sanchez and Henne last year. Now the argument you have stated previously NYjunc is that Sanchez has won playoff games, but Dilfer won SB, so who is the better QB? or are we now going to talk potential? Which leads me onto my next point.

The Jets have lost Damien Woody and IMO have a lass effective set of WR. They have an ageing D which again IMO has the potential to decline. ST will no doubt decline with the loss of Brad Smith.

Dolphins this year have upgraded their line, in my mind with Pouncey but more importantly some consistancy. I belv this will result in an improved run game. Dont get me wrong I dont think we will set the world alight but we will improve statistically. Our young D have in the eyes of most media the potential to be elite next year. Our ST has and will improve from last year.

So I ask based on last years similar QBR (Henne had marginally better), who has the most potential to improve this year, when you consider last year was a good year for Sanchez and a bad year for Henne?

I would love to hear a Bills or Jet (NYjunc) fan explain how Sanchez is so much better than Henne and a steal at No.4 in the draft. He had a 75.3 rating on a team, with a better O'line, which resulted in more time and a better running game.A team with a better D and a far better ST. Now we can all look at individual games and say Sanchez done this, Henne did that, but in my mind both were piss poor last year. Take a look at the Qb's with over 90 QBR compared to the ones below 80 and then you will see a major difference.

Like I said previously, Trent Dilfer was lambasted by the media with similar QBR to Sanchez and Henne last year. Now the argument you have stated previously NYjunc is that Sanchez has won playoff games, but Dilfer won SB, so who is the better QB? or are we now going to talk potential? Which leads me onto my next point.

The Jets have lost Damien Woody and IMO have a lass effective set of WR. They have an ageing D which again IMO has the potential to decline. ST will no doubt decline with the loss of Brad Smith.

Dolphins this year have upgraded their line, in my mind with Pouncey but more importantly some consistancy. I belv this will result in an improved run game. Dont get me wrong I dont think we will set the world alight but we will improve statistically. Our young D have in the eyes of most media the potential to be elite next year. Our ST has and will improve from last year.

So I ask based on last years similar QBR (Henne had marginally better), who has the most potential to improve this year, when you consider last year was a good year for Sanchez and a bad year for Henne?

I agree so far sanchez is not all that although he has improved from year to yearand will get better. I disagree we have more consitency on our oline though , we just moved carey and brought in a new RT along with a rookie center and who knows at other guard thats not consistency. The jets line would be a better example of that

I dunno why you are defending the fact that it was a steal. I wasn't disagreeing, I think you missed the point of my post that if we want to trade up for a top tier qb in next years draft, having that third might help get the deal done.

You sure want to hear their reaction? You'll be up until midnight..........14 days from now.

why did u include a blowout win over KC and seattle not sure that helps make your point. He had bad numbers in some losses u cant just conveniently pick the games where he had good numbers. Do u honestly think Sanchez would have done better in Denver last year. I mean lets not forget u have two receivers better than thier top guy, better runningbacks, better TE, better OL and much better defense.

Sanchez wouldn't have put up better #s, he would have won more games. Some QBs have IT, some do not- Sanchez has IT. Like a football version of derek jeter- not the greatest #s but the man makes plays when you need him most.

Im quite serious u study the Broncos games last season and show me where his numbers were betetr in games they were not in contention in. I have studied this issue pretty damn thorough and its a myth a fallacy. In the games they got beat down they were some of his worse games.people esp on this board want to make excuses why we should not trade for orton thats fine. they want to talk about 3rd down and red zone u know thats fine but overall orton is a good qb and played well. Denver had the worst defense in the league, u put Sanchez on that team and guess what they are still awful and he would have put up worse numbers. He best offenisve weapon under him put up better numbers than he had in the previous three seasons combined. good qb's play on bad teams . Its a team game and just because u are a good qb does not guarantee that u win games.
Orton had 6 TDs when his team was down by over 16. Behind by 1-8 points and he has 2TDs and 6INTs. He isn't good under pressure. He threw 1/3 of his TDs while out of the game.

The Jets are just a flashy team picking up big name players like LT plaxico and good at trash talking predicting the superbowl every year which btw they havent even been in yet. Miami is the better team this year you can hold me to that better defense and a faster new philosphy on offense

:lol2: Come on ...The Dolphins are better than the Jets? At playing FOOTBALL??
Yeah ... we predict the Superbowl "every" year ... all "one" of them (last year -- and we almost got there). I must have missed Rex's prediction in 2009. People love to claim that he predicted we were going to the SB in 2009 ... but he didn't say that.

Anyway ...

Your defense should be pretty good, but not better than the Jets. We were better than the Dolphins in EVERY meaningful category last year. EVERY one (passing, rushing, sacks, 3 and outs, etc.) ... and I can show you the stats to prove it. We ranked #3 OVERALL - and we did that with a banged up Revis for half the season. We're basically putting the same guys on the field this year (minus an aging Ellis, and an ancient Taylor) so I'm wondering why we're going backwards ... and what exactly did you do to pass us up?? Who have you added? And for the record, the last time that defense took the field it got embarrassed by the Pats ... who we shut down two weeks later.

On the other side of the ball ... The team has no faith in the QB and he knows it. That's not a good situation. Your best O-lineman is on the PUP list. You don't have a proven RB on the roster, and the guy you drafted is NOT fast -- he's a plodder who isn't known for any game-breaking speed. Bush is always a threat, but not an every down player. You drafted a speedy receiver (Gates) but someone has to get him the ball. Your best receiver (Marshall) has been a major disappointment on the field ... and the guy just can't stay out of trouble. Your offense may actually be better than last season ... because it can't possibly be worse ... but you won't score as many points as the Jets Offense. Not even close.

We'll have a better record than the Dolphins, and I'm confident that we'll beat you both times we play. In fact, I'll be shocked if you're able to score 30 points combined in the two games against us.
That's my honest opinion ...You can hold me to that.

Sanchez wouldn't have put up better #s, he would have won more games. Some QBs have IT, some do not- Sanchez has IT. Like a football version of derek jeter- not the greatest #s but the man makes plays when you need him most.
Bull****. Sanchez does not lead your team to wins. He would've put up similar but maybe a little improved numbers, but he would not have won more games. Sanchez sucks. He is a below average QB that got a lot of lucky breaks last year. He has no accuracy and average arm strength.

So what you are basically saying is that Sanchez sucks, he is just surrounded by a good team. Which is what I have been telling you all along.

:lol2: Come on ...The Dolphins are better than the Jets? At playing FOOTBALL??
Yeah ... we predict the Superbowl "every" year ... all "one" of them (last year -- and we almost got there). I must have missed Rex's prediction in 2009. People love to claim that he predicted we were going to the SB in 2009 ... but he didn't say that.

Anyway ...

Your defense should be pretty good, but not better than the Jets. We were better than the Dolphins in EVERY meaningful category last year. EVERY one (passing, rushing, sacks, 3 and outs, etc.) ... and I can show you the stats to prove it. We ranked #3 OVERALL - and we did that with a banged up Revis for half the season. We're basically putting the same guys on the field this year (minus an aging Ellis, and an ancient Taylor) so I'm wondering why we're going backwards ... and what exactly did you do to pass us up?? Who have you added? And for the record, the last time that defense took the field it got embarrassed by the Pats ... who we shut down two weeks later.

On the other side of the ball ... The team has no faith in the QB and he knows it. That's not a good situation. Your best O-lineman is on the PUP list. You don't have a proven RB on the roster, and the guy you drafted is NOT fast -- he's a plodder who isn't known for any game-breaking speed. Bush is always a threat, but not an every down player. You drafted a speedy receiver (Gates) but someone has to get him the ball. Your best receiver (Marshall) has been a major disappointment on the field ... and the guy just can't stay out of trouble. Your offense may actually be better than last season ... because it can't possibly be worse ... but you won't score as many points as the Jets Offense. Not even close.

We'll have a better record than the Dolphins, and I'm confident that we'll beat you both times we play. In fact, I'll be shocked if you're able to score 30 points combined in the two games against us.
That's my honest opinion ...You can hold me to that.
Right we didn't improve our ILB position drastically. Our young secondary won't get better with another year under Nolan. Our D-line (with the emergence of Soliai) won't be the best in the league. We were number 3 until that Pats game without one of the most important cogs to our defense. In fact we're step for step with the Jets in scoring defense if you eliminate both non-defensive touchdowns.

31-14 blowout of Seattle: 307 yds, 2 TDs, 0 INTs
27-13 loss to Indy, 476 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT
31-17 loss to Bal, 314 yds, 2 TDs
24-16 loss to SF, 370 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT
49-29 win over KC, 296 yds, 4 TDs

The SL game LOOKS close as they lost by 3 but they were getting blown out and never truly had a chance and he 347 yds and 3 TDs after falling behind 33-13.

He's a good #s QB, you aren't winning anything w/ him.

I love it when people blindly throw stats out there.

Seattle game- All I have to say is you lose credibility when you use a game the Broncos won. But anyway, Orton had 252 yards passing and 1 TD by the end of the 3rd quarter. It was 24-7 at that time. At what point would you say it's garbage time? Should you discount anything he did after after the 10 min mark where, up till that point it was a 10 point game.... So, you say a blowout is when there is 20 mins left in the game and you are only up by 10? Please!!

Indy game- Wow another blowout garbage time game. I mean the score was 20-13 going into the 4th. Indy was obviously in prevent defense and the Broncos obviously were in garbage time for Orton. It beame 27-13 with 8 mins left in the game. Just for the record, while the score was 20-13 Orton already had over 400 yards passing. So I ask, in this game, where did he get his stats from garbage time?

Baltimore game- This was a 10 point game going into the 4th. So in situations like this, should we no longer praise QB's for comeback wins? I urge again, at what point do you distinguish come back wins to garbage time with QB'S. Or is it a convenience thing when you want it to only work for certain QB's and certain times. Sounds like an agenda.

Those 3 games we have now established that each game was a 2 posession game going into the 4th. So, are you insisting anything larger then a 1 posession game now treads blowout status?

the SF game is just laughable. You do realize that Denver was winning 10-3 a few mins into the 4th quarter correct? So where were the garbage time stats in that blowout?

St Louis game you may have a legit debate here. HOWEVER, with 14 mins left in the game it was a 2 posession game. I ask again, you say they never had a chance. There was 14 mins left in the game, how can you say they didn't have a chance? That is a 2 posession game.

It seems to look as though you feel anytime there is more then a 13 point lead it is all garbage stats. At what point does a comeback for a QB become just garbage time stats.

Does a game have to be within 7 points with less then 15 mins to play? All these games were 2 posession games with more then 10 mins to play in them. Yeah those are obviously garbage time stats. That is, unless of course, you live in reality and see each week how a team comes back from 10-14 point deficits to win the game in the 4th quarter.

I love it when people blindly throw stats out there.

Seattle game- All I have to say is you lose credibility when you use a game the Broncos won. But anyway, Orton had 252 yards passing and 1 TD by the end of the 3rd quarter. It was 24-7 at that time. At what point would you say it's garbage time? Should you discount anything he did after after the 10 min mark where, up till that point it was a 10 point game.... So, you say a blowout is when there is 20 mins left in the game and you are only up by 10? Please!!

Indy game- Wow another blowout garbage time game. I mean the score was 20-13 going into the 4th. Indy was obviously in prevent defense and the Broncos obviously were in garbage time for Orton. It beame 27-13 with 8 mins left in the game. Just for the record, while the score was 20-13 Orton already had over 400 yards passing. So I ask, in this game, where did he get his stats from garbage time?

Baltimore game- This was a 10 point game going into the 4th. So in situations like this, should we no longer praise QB's for comeback wins? I urge again, at what point do you distinguish come back wins to garbage time with QB'S. Or is it a convenience thing when you want it to only work for certain QB's and certain times. Sounds like an agenda.

Those 3 games we have now established that each game was a 2 posession game going into the 4th. So, are you insisting anything larger then a 1 posession game now treads blowout status?

the SF game is just laughable. You do realize that Denver was winning 10-3 a few mins into the 4th quarter correct? So where were the garbage time stats in that blowout?

St Louis game you may have a legit debate here. HOWEVER, with 14 mins left in the game it was a 2 posession game. I ask again, you say they never had a chance. There was 14 mins left in the game, how can you say they didn't have a chance? That is a 2 posession game.

It seems to look as though you feel anytime there is more then a 13 point lead it is all garbage stats. At what point does a comeback for a QB become just garbage time stats.

Does a game have to be within 7 points with less then 15 mins to play? All these games were 2 posession games with more then 10 mins to play in them. Yeah those are obviously garbage time stats. That is, unless of course, you live in reality and see each week how a team comes back from 10-14 point deficits to win the game in the 4th quarter.

Just more rhetorix from the crowd that wants to act like Orton sucks. Funny we attack Orton on this board for being on a losing team because we all know a good qb always has a winning season. In the same vein we wont give Ryan props because he hasnt won a playoff game yet so now some wnat to label as just a regular season winner. Last time i checked only one qb starts on the superbowl team and he damn sure doesnt win it all by himself.

Back
Top Bottom