Action Shots of Rivers. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Action Shots of Rivers.

I know he is skilled enough no doubt about that. So he is mature and a nice person that makes alot of difference. He will be a star you could tell the first time they showed Leaf practice that he was not going to make it because he had a attitude and he thought he was better than the rest. I don't see that with Eli Ben or Phillip that is a good sign for some NFL team. I think if Rivers had a regular throwing delievery he would be right at the top.

The first snap shot looks more over the top as if he's going deep. The second snap shot is definitely his normal throwing motion.

Amato says he has several throwing motions. 3/4, side arm, over the top, the on the run corkscrew throw.

Originally posted by Jaj
the on the run corkscrew throw.

I'd tell him never to throw that crap in the pros. That thing wobbles like a dead duck & has little velocity.

Dumpoff is more effective anyway in Norv's system, so problem done.

ah, who cares how he throws the ball as long as it gets there on time. i've been hoping phillip would wear a fin uni ever since watching him and koren robinson hook up to will the pack to victory vs ga tech on nat'l tv his frosh season. the kid's a balla

Originally posted by SMadison29
The first snap shot looks more over the top as if he's going deep. The second snap shot is definitely his normal throwing motion.
Looks like the same slot to me...just a different shoulder angle.

That being said, what's the problem though....Obviously the guy can sling it from high or low if need be.

well i have a question... if we publicly get a hardon for this kid... can't barfalo just pick him up and screw us out of him..

First of all, is it just me or is this kid "uncanny" accurate? I mean his throws don't just get there, they hit the WR right in the numbers on every pass and in stride.

Also the Barfalo Jills can't afford to waste a #1 pick. Their priority is getting better more than trying to stump Miami. They have too much need to screw up another first round pick.

Finally watched those vid clips and they just confirmed to me what I thought before. The guy will do good in the NFL. He had a pass or two flutter, but he also had some good solid 40 yd throws in there. Showed he can throw on the run, move around out of the pocket, and also showed some nice touch passes.

Originally posted by Noland
You know when he gets to the NFL they will work on that. With Favre Kosar Rich Gannon with same delievery at times made it work this guy is an athelete he can correct it what is so bad if he can make it work his quick release an vilocity is so good he may not get passes batted down as bad as you think.

What is up with the celebration talk who cares if he can't do the dirty bird. Marino did'nt celebrate but with a fist pump or raise his arm Marino did'nt break records by celebrating.

With his size I am less concerned about the batted balls issue. I remember when we want Drew Brees:rolleyes: . He is only 5-10. I bet his overhand is lower than Rivers' side arm.:lol:

Originally posted by fin-atic
First of all, is it just me or is this kid "uncanny" accurate? I mean his throws don't just get there, they hit the WR right in the numbers on every pass and in stride.

Also the Barfalo Jills can't afford to waste a #1 pick. Their priority is getting better more than trying to stump Miami. They have too much need to screw up another first round pick.

Nothing would suprise me when it comes to Buffalo. They drafted Mcgahee ahter Henry had a probowl type year.:lol:

I just joined this forum after someone posted the link on the wolfpack website. I have watched every game Rivers has played in. Let me start by saying I am a Jet Fan, but if Miami signs Rivers, Im a dolphin fan.

As far as physical tools Rivers may not be the best(duh). With that said, Rivers is going to be a superstar. He has a lightning quick release, and hits his target in stride time after time. He makes fast decisions, and doesnt take many sacks. He is a college QB who actually will throw the ball away. Bottom line, line up Manning, Rivers, Roth, and all the others and I would take Rivers any day and twice on Sunday. The dude went into OSU and FSU and completed like 75% of his passes with 8 TD's and 1 int. I was at the OSU game and the fans were saying that he is the best player to come into the shoe since Elway. He is that good. He reads the D like Montana, improvises like Favre and has a release like Marino. Im a bigger college fan then pro. I have watched every QB play and Rivers has the mental toughness that it takes to be an all pro type.

He also bounces back after a bad play. If he makes a mistake, he doesnt think about. He doesnt get rattled. NCSU doesnt compare to Miami, OSU, or Oklahoma. He is a big game player who will shine when the going gets tough. If you get a chance, watch the instant classic game between NCSU and OSU. YOu will see what I am talking about. The dude is the best college QB i have seen in the past 10 yrs. BAR NONE. Bobby Bowden said it best. Not only was he the best player in the country this yr. He was the best player I have ever coached against. You guys will be doing cart wheels for yrs to come with this guy.........and remember, Im a jet fan

Staff edit: Do we really need this childish garbage here?? Not really. Shape up.. Muck

Back
Top Bottom