Adam and Mort: RGIII | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adam and Mort: RGIII

didnt anybody see him on cbs today. the guy is a toothpic. no way he holds up to a 16 game season. hes not a newton, hes much smaller. if you take a top 5 qb you better not miss. rg3 may have a high ceiling but he also has a real low floor.

CK has earned my respect in regards to evaluating QB's, and if you watch the throws he makes and really study his game, there are reasons for concern.

His instincts are to get outside of the pocket (probably so he he can see better).

His throwing motion is funky, and his mechanics overall will need to be tweaked.

He's smallish. Is he 6-2? If so, that's a big help to him. If he's 6-1 and 205 or so, that will hurt his grade.

How much is his scheme helping him look better than he is? Credit to CK for noting that his backup ran the offense to the same level when RH3 was hurt. Is it the talent surrounding him and scheme he's in?

My own question; he's stated many times he has other interests than football, and noted for being basically a genius. How much does he LOVE football? As a QB he needs to be willing to make it his life. I'd be real interested in his answers to those questions.

Athleticism, accuracy, intelligence, solid arm. Lots to like, but there are questions. More than on Barkley for sure.

RGIII certainly fits what mike Shananhan wants at the QB position

He doesn't have the Arm/athleticism like Newton nor the Speed like Vick. No thanks will fail in the NFL.
Chubbs

I haven't seen the kid play, but without seeing him play there are 2 big red flags that need to be considered:

1. The fact that his back up came in and the offense didn't miss a beat. To me that screams system-QB.
2. The fact that there are questions about how much he loves football and how much he will be devoted to being a franchise QB. Will he play for 6 years and then up and retire on you because he's made enough money and wants to do something else?

I'm not going to say "yea" or "nay" on the kid but these are questions that need to be answered. Plus, he's a one year wonder. I am ALWAYS weary of one year wonders.

How do people think RG3 has the highest ceiling? What's that a better M.Vick? M.Vick on his greatest of days can't touch A.Rodgers, T.Brady, P.Manning and those are the guys A.Luck is being compared to, for good reason. RG3 will end up in the same boat as M.Vick, play great but miss games due to injuries.

Give me A.Luck 1st and foremost, M.Barkley 2nd and then 3rd a bunch of drugs since we missed out on the two best QB's, after I come out of my drug induced coma I'll then take B.Weeden and be pretty happy going into 2012 at the QB position!

How do people think RG3 has the highest ceiling? What's that a better M.Vick? M.Vick on his greatest of days can't touch A.Rodgers, T.Brady, P.Manning and those are the guys A.Luck is being compared to, for good reason. RG3 will end up in the same boat as M.Vick, play great but miss games due to injuries.

Give me A.Luck 1st and foremost, M.Barkley 2nd and then 3rd a bunch of drugs since we missed out on the two best QB's, after I come out of my drug induced coma I'll then take B.Weeden and be pretty happy going into 2012 at the QB position!
I heart you.
Chubbs

To be fair to RG3, he's improved his passing every year at Baylor. Yes he's in a pass happy offense, but he's improved his accuracy every year from 59.9 to 67 to 72.4. In college Vick's completion percentage was 58.8 and 54.2. Vick has always been stubborn about becoming a better passing QB, and has only had a completion percentage over 60 once in his career.

eemmmm Pat White II?

aside from being a more rounded player than White coming out, taller than Pat White, and faster. Yes. He's just like Pat White. RG3 is far from a perfect prospect, but he's not White. White is a guy who couldn't throw a lick to safe his life. He's not really Vince Young either as he's actually intelligent and has good character.

imo the best nfl prospect on that baylor squad is wr kendall wright...he's a pro player

aside from being a more rounded player than White coming out, taller than Pat White, and faster. Yes. He's just like Pat White. RG3 is far from a perfect prospect, but he's not White. White is a guy who couldn't throw a lick to safe his life. He's not really Vince Young either as he's actually intelligent and has good character.

I really don't want to get in this argument because I don't think RGIII is 1st round material...I don't think he can start on an NFL team from day 1, that's my idea of a first round pick at any position but RGIII is faster than Pat White in a straight line only...Pat White in college was much more elusive than RGIII. White rushed for 4480 yards in college at around 6.5 yards per carry, twice getting over 1000 yards in a season. RGIII had 2202 rushing at around 4.3 yards per carry.

---------- Post added at 01:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 AM ----------

imo the best nfl prospect on that baylor squad is wr kendall wright...he's a pro player
That kid reminds me of Greg Jennings.

I'm really not trying to be insulting in saying this, but if you don't believe that RG3 is a "premium" qb talent than you must not have watched much college football this year. I understand that he played in a spread, but so did Cam Newton and Sam Bradford. RG3 throws a better deep ball than any QB prospect in the country (including Luck and Barkley) and he is an absolute nightmare in the red zone. He's accurate, he uses touch, he has a cannon, he is a PASS FIRST athletic quarterback, and the kid won a LOT of games for a program that wouldnt have won dick without him.
Again, he's going to have an adjustment period going into the NFL, but you can say that about every qb prospect there is. The kid is practically a genius academically, his work ethic is unquestioned, he has an awesome character and if there's one guy I'd bet the house on to make the adjustment from a spread to an NFL system - it's RG3. Basically, in my opinion he's a slightly less athletic but much smarter Cam Newton.

Thanks for the condescension. I guess I forgot to watch any college football and haven't seen about seven of RG3's games this year.

Attention anyone that feels like in order to disagree with me they have to imply that I don't know what I'm looking at and/or haven't watched any actual games of whichever player I'm talking about at the moment: get your heads out of your butts and realize that when it comes to draft evaluation, disagreement is the norm.

I totally agree. I love Kendall Wright as a pro prospect. He would be the perfect #2 WR for us and 1000X better than that piece a' crap Brian Hartline.,

The only thing is, is that lately I've been noticing Wright climbing the boards. A month ago you'd see him decked firmly in the 2nd, late 2nd, even the 3rd round. But now he's a late first rounder in a lot of places. Which means we're SOL if that's where he eventually goes

If I had a choice to take RGIII or Kendall Wright for free, I choose Wright 10 times out of 10. He will be a better pro player than RGIII will. And most likely, by a longshot.

Back
Top Bottom