Adam and Mort: RGIII | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adam and Mort: RGIII

RGIII has something I love...the "it" factor.

Pat White is a terrible and lazy comparison for Robert III. He reminds me of Shaun King in almost every way. Except his throwing motion and release is very much like Colin Kaepernick's.

I'm convinced on everything about Robert III other than becoming a franchise caliber quarterback in the NFL for a long period of time. It's not easy to do. There are some hurdles in his way that he'll have to overcome. Mainly his footwork. Leading to improved accuracy on the intermediate range throws in the middle of the field.

He likes to get outside the pocket and create a different angle for the DB to defend the pass. It doesn't work as well in the NFL.

Here is the deal if you take RGIII: a coach that can instruct qb's is a must. An offense and surrounding talent that fits his skills is a must. Do not shoehorn the guy into a system.

Here is the deal if you take RGIII: a coach that can instruct qb's is a must. An offense and surrounding talent that fits his skills is a must. Do not shoehorn the guy into a system.

what offense is going to fit his skill set in the nfl.
he doesnt take snaps from under center to often,
he doesnt throw the short routes real well, he does throw a nice deep ball.
hes not built to take hits from nfl players,and
no team runs a spread offense that will give him those big windows to throw through.

not sure what kind of offense he fits into.

what offense is going to fit his skill set in the nfl.
he doesnt take snaps from under center to often,
he doesnt throw the short routes real well, he does throw a nice deep ball.
hes not built to take hits from nfl players,and
no team runs a spread offense that will give him those big windows to throw through.

not sure what kind of offense he fits into.

Dalton and Newton were in spread systems.

I think he is such an athlete and of high character that he has a bright future.

I'm really not trying to be insulting in saying this, but if you don't believe that RG3 is a "premium" qb talent than you must not have watched much college football this year. I understand that he played in a spread, but so did Cam Newton and Sam Bradford. RG3 throws a better deep ball than any QB prospect in the country (including Luck and Barkley) and he is an absolute nightmare in the red zone. He's accurate, he uses touch, he has a cannon, he is a PASS FIRST athletic quarterback, and the kid won a LOT of games for a program that wouldnt have won dick without him.
Again, he's going to have an adjustment period going into the NFL, but you can say that about every qb prospect there is. The kid is practically a genius academically, his work ethic is unquestioned, he has an awesome character and if there's one guy I'd bet the house on to make the adjustment from a spread to an NFL system - it's RG3. Basically, in my opinion he's a slightly less athletic but much smarter Cam Newton.

The difference is, you watch college football, he breaks down college football players. There is a LOT to be concerned about with RG3. RG3 is not a premium quarterback talent, plain and simple. Either that or we have very different definitions of premium quarterback talent.

RG III is extremely smart, most likely smarter than Luck, and definitely the better athelete. He works hard, plays hard, is a team player, and a model citizen. Yes, he is rough around the edges, but I see no reason why he can't or won't become a very good NFL QB.

I'd rather have him than Barkley.

Dalton and Newton were in spread systems.

I think he is such an athlete and of high character that he has a bright future.

i dont think anybody on here will question his character or his athleticism.

the problem is he isnt the type of qb that dalton is and he doesnt have cams body to hold up to the beating that hes going to take.

hes a great college highlight film that wont translate well to the nfl. its a different game.

He doesn't have the Arm/athleticism like Newton nor the Speed like Vick. No thanks will fail in the NFL.
Chubbs

um... smh? how can you say that he doesnt have the arm? he's far more accurate than newton thought about being... his has a rocket for an arm. He qualified for the olympics as a hurdler. The guy has a long frame, that has plenty of room to add bulk. He's extremely intelligent? come on, get your facts right

take it for what it is but john gruden knows quarterbacks and he said that he think rg3 is going to be special

The difference is, you watch college football, he breaks down college football players. There is a LOT to be concerned about with RG3. RG3 is not a premium quarterback talent, plain and simple. Either that or we have very different definitions of premium quarterback talent.
That is not even the difference at all. The guy is reporting on what he's seen of Griffin's style and gameplay and disagreeing with ckparrots assessment, stop trying to trivialize his contribution and prop up ckparrot. Griffin not being a premium QB is your and his OPINION and it is going to be a wrong one as many on here are saying. It was just two or three months ago I was being told on here that he wouldn't be a top 10 pick or even go in first round.

I think Griffin's problem is the perception of QB's labeled with his qualities always makes him an uphill battle for assessment with people like ckparrot who will overblow things like footwork (which he has no issue with and has more to do with his constant movement in the pocket due to a myriad of issues) or offensive scheme (as if it seems like he would have any issue playing under center). Either way we will be lucky if he's there when we pick, regardless of what some guys on here think.

um... smh? how can you say that he doesnt have the arm? he's far more accurate than newton thought about being... his has a rocket for an arm. He qualified for the olympics as a hurdler. The guy has a long frame, that has plenty of room to add bulk. He's extremely intelligent? come on, get your facts right

There are no "facts". Just opinions.

Robert Griffin does not have Cam Newton's throwing ability. Newton has a better arm, gets more spin on the ball, and has a quicker, more versatile delivery. Newton also is more elusive, more agile, has a better stop-start than Griffin, who is more of a straight line athlete.

And he's also a LOT bigger and stronger, more able to take the pounding that comes with the kind of player that the two are on the football field.

RGIII has been the guy I have wanted here over Luck for months. I love what he brings to the table, the guy is a winner. I also accepted Luck would go #1 overall, but we have a real shot at RGIII and have to take it. I do not see Barkley being anything special, just another USC QB. RGIII could be a special player due to his incredible accuracy and excellent mobility.

The NFL is evolving a little bit with mobile QBs. There will be more and more coming out of college. Some are like Ponder who use their legs to pick up 1st downs (I see RGIII as a better version of Ponder), and some are freaks like Cam Newton who can do it all but risk taking that big hit one day.

Regardless the mobile QB gives you that plus 1 advantage that makes an offense much harder to stop.

If you are going traditional, Luck is the guy. I believe the Colts will take him, so it is not really worth worrying about.

Back
Top Bottom