Adam Gase Job Approval Rating - End of 2016 Edition | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adam Gase Job Approval Rating - End of 2016 Edition

How Satisfied Are You With Head Coach Adam Gase?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Can't be fully satisfied until after a super bowl victory, but am confident they finally found the right man for the job. I'm not sure how much personnel input he has, but fixing the LB core and offensive line are absolute musts before they can take the next step.

Great first season overall. Far exceeded expectations.

Completely satisfied.

We finished 4-2 in the AFC East ... Check
We finished 6-2 at home ... Check
We won games late in the season ... Check
We won away games in cold weather at Buffalo and New York ... Check
We came back in games we would have quit on in previous years ... Check
We proved we can run the ball ... Check
We proved Tannehill is good ... Check
We rebounded from a catastrophic start of 1-4 ... Check
Our locker room is harmonious and serious ... Check
We finished games ... Check
We played up to our potential and not down to our competition ... mostly check
We feared no one ... Check
We have a badazz coach who commands respect and earns it too ... CHECK

Giving Dallas Thomas a fresh start rather than punting him into the Sun on day one was a negative for me. He should not have wasted so much time. Kudos to him for eventually correcting his mistake, but damage was done. Likewise I have to hold his feet to the fire for hiring a numbskull like Chris Foerster.

I also didn't like the offseason focus on offense. It was a crime against the fans and the defensive coaches to go into the offseason with so many holes on defense and then spending basically the entire draft on offense. The picks we used on Kenyan Drake and Leonte Carroo should have been defensive players.

That being said, I was mostly satisfied. Changing the culture is the hardest thing about being a head coach. "Fixing" a quarterback is the second hardest. Gase more or less managed to do both. I'm encouraged for the future, though I think the people who expect our record to be better next year are setting themselves up for a hard rain that's gon' fall.

Fully Satisfied.
Before Week 1, I never would have guessed Gase would get the team to the playoffs!
After the 1-4 start, I REALLY never thought Gase would take this team to the playoffs! :lol:

He did a great job and I expect the team will only get better each year!

Inbetween Fully and Mostly Satisfied.

Guess being a fan of multiple teams that find way to let me down after a good year makes me want to see another year before I'm convinced he's legit.

But I'm definitely impressed with him getting this team to the playoffs.

anyone not opting for option 1 should be a permabanned. a 6 win team made the playoffs.

Fully satisfied: He made the proverbial "chicken salad out of..............."

Might have even done better with someone like Wade Phillips as the DC.

anyone not opting for option 1 should be a permabanned. a 6 win team made the playoffs.

Don't ban me bro...

I'm ecstatic with Gase. More confident in long term success of the franchise than I have been in years. As head coach, he's accountable for the D too. The D made me shriek and cuss at the TV like it was the Olivadotti years all over again. More than anything the d needs talent and health...hopefully it's addressed this offseason

Giving Dallas Thomas a fresh start rather than punting him into the Sun on day one was a negative for me. He should not have wasted so much time. Kudos to him for eventually correcting his mistake, but damage was done. Likewise I have to hold his feet to the fire for hiring a numbskull like Chris Foerster.

I also didn't like the offseason focus on offense. It was a crime against the fans and the defensive coaches to go into the offseason with so many holes on defense and then spending basically the entire draft on offense. The picks we used on Kenyan Drake and Leonte Carroo should have been defensive players.

That being said, I was mostly satisfied. Changing the culture is the hardest thing about being a head coach. "Fixing" a quarterback is the second hardest. Gase more or less managed to do both. I'm encouraged for the future, though I think the people who expect our record to be better next year are setting themselves up for a hard rain that's gon' fall.
How much input do you think Gase had in this draft? Because after the season they just had, I would imagine Gase gained alot of leverage in the organisation a far as draft decisions go.

Gase has delivered a five star experience ahead of schedule and well under budget.

Next year will be much more difficult to achieve the same or better results.

tumblr_m7wkc5nkLJ1qedmglo1_500.gif

fully satisfied. he took a poor and very injured roster to the AFC playoffs in his first year... no small feat.

bonus points for being a badass who dips on the sidelines and cuts players who aren't willing to conform to the team mission/vision.

finally feels like we have a semblance of stability in the HC department.

Fully satisfied. The fact that Don Shula got to see this genesis before his demise is even more satisfying. Now go and win a Super Bowl so we can have the best story the NFL has ever seen.
Don Shula on the Super Bowl floor hoisting the trophy one more time with Adam Gase.

Back
Top Bottom