Adam Gase Job Approval Rating - End of 2016 Edition | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adam Gase Job Approval Rating - End of 2016 Edition

How Satisfied Are You With Head Coach Adam Gase?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Extremely satisfied.

We hired a coaching prodigy. Certainly things could derail us, but we certainly dont neeed to worry about this for many years.
Short Term-Gase got us playoffs and immediate results that few would have realistically expected.
He established the winning culture and sense of inclusiveness that is rare.

Given that the overarching goal of this first season was to try and salvage Tannehill and later decide his future. Heavy investment in the offense was reasonable in my opinion.
The defense was bolstered with rentals that primarily didnt work out.
All will be ok if we tach hard towards D this offseason

Mostly satisfied:

I hated the way the offensive line was handled in the offseason. Maybe it made a difference in the first few weeks, maybe not but it was inevitable and obvious the line would be:

Albert
Tunsil
Pouncey/backup
Bushrod
James

Why did we waste the majority of camp on:
Albert
Thomas
Pouncey/backup
Turner
James

Seems like we could have gotten the REAL OBVIOUS starting unit more time together considering 2 were playing new positions.

The Miami Dolphins concluded the season with a 30-12 loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers in the wild-card round at Heinz Field. Now that the Miami Dolphins season is over, what’s next? The Dolphins surpassed everyone’s expectations this season by winning 10 games and advancing to the playoffs for the first time since 2008.

Most savants predicted Miami to win six to eight games this season, which was a reasonable evaluation of the roster, particularly after big injuries to key players such as center Mike Pouncey, safety Reshad Jones and quarterback Ryan Tannehill. Although coaching matters in the NFL, rookie head Coach Adam Gase and first-year defensive coordinator Vance Joseph did a magisterial job of making no excuses and getting the most out of what they had.

Adam Gase’s offensive scheme did oddities for Miami and helped fifth-year quarterback Ryan Tannehill take positive steps forward before his knee injury. Second-year running back Jay Ajayi also had a breakout year and confirmed he is the long-term solution at the position.

LINK: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/future-looks-very-bright-miami-161056763.html

Mostly satisfied:

I hated the way the offensive line was handled in the offseason. Maybe it made a difference in the first few weeks, maybe not but it was inevitable and obvious the line would be:

Albert
Tunsil
Pouncey/backup
Bushrod
James

Why did we waste the majority of camp on:
Albert
Thomas
Pouncey/backup
Turner
James

Seems like we could have gotten the REAL OBVIOUS starting unit more time together considering 2 were playing new positions.
I have no idea why thomas got the push.. i really feel they wanted Turned to be apart of the team but he just cant handle it.

I am sold on Gase. He had a winning season in his first year. He did it with a group of men he had very little input on hiring. He did it without needing a gimmick play to win. Is there room for improvement? Absolutely. But he will have a full offseason to get more of his type of players on the team and that has me very hopeful for the future. This is the first season in a LONG time I am really looking forward to the next season.

You just could not ask for more from the man this year. End of the year evaluation? He ****ing aced it.

I put "mostly" simply because I want to know he's more involved in fixing the D. But at the same time I give him an A+. Does that make sense? Because if not, then I'm completely satisfied. He's going to have success for a long time in this league.

Fully Satisfied.

He proved that he was indeed a QB whisperer.
He made damn sure he didnt collapse down the final stretch of games.
He changed the losing mindset that has infected this franchise for the past 15 years,
We are on the upswing and I couldnt be happier.

Fully satisfied and he should get coach of the year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm mostly satisfied. Biggest gripe is I would like to see him get more involved in the defense since it was such a dumpster fire. I think the offense performed very well given the limitations on the offensive line.

I disagree with you completely. Gase and the DC did an outstanding job all season with linebackers that would not have been starters on the Alabama college team. The only one that played up to some sort of standard was Alonso. We won ten games despite that group - much credit to Joseph and Gase for getting us into the playoffs. The D line was decent and a strength - esp wake and suh, obviously. The secondary played well sporadically - seeing Lippett make some great strides, Howard looked the part on a limited basis, and losing the coach on the field in Jones made the DC and HC jobs even more important. Couldnt disagree with you more - I hope Joseph turns down any sort of HC gig...

Fully satisfied. He did a tremendous job with this team, with all the injuries and replacing key players. I'm buying in fully. I liked the hire last year, now I love it. This guy changed a culture that had been putrid for years

Giving Dallas Thomas a fresh start rather than punting him into the Sun on day one was a negative for me. He should not have wasted so much time. Kudos to him for eventually correcting his mistake, but damage was done. Likewise I have to hold his feet to the fire for hiring a numbskull like Chris Foerster.

I also didn't like the offseason focus on offense. It was a crime against the fans and the defensive coaches to go into the offseason with so many holes on defense and then spending basically the entire draft on offense. The picks we used on Kenyan Drake and Leonte Carroo should have been defensive players.

That being said, I was mostly satisfied. Changing the culture is the hardest thing about being a head coach. "Fixing" a quarterback is the second hardest. Gase more or less managed to do both. I'm encouraged for the future, though I think the people who expect our record to be better next year are setting themselves up for a hard rain that's gon' fall.

Pretty much this, although I don't think Tannehill needed any fixing, its important to remember all that happened throughout the season when evaluating a coach, not just the good or bad. The fact he took so long to get rid of thomas and turner, didn't recognize ajayi's or lippetts talents sooner was def not encouraging, that hurt us a lot in the beginning, we won a lot of games in the very end that we should have lost if not for big plays by our overall very bad defense. I definitely feel like he doesn't have too much faith in youth or likes taking too many risks, his playcalling was pretty safe most of the time or at least much too calculated, and i def wasn't happy with vance, same attitude as coyle playcalling wise, just probably smarter. However he definitely seems loyal, and takes risks when he has to, although i think a lot of people were frustrated with him waiting until we were 14 down every time before he started getting aggressive, and all of a sudden we were scoring points...

I think he's more open to change whereas philbin and sparano were never going to change. He has to be more aggressive and have more faith in youth for him to improve in 2017 imo. We had an easy schedule at times this year and def won some games we shouldn't have, like the guy i quoted said, don't be surprised if we have a worse record next year, if gase doesn't improve on those things with our tougher schedule it could happen, overall, i'd give him a b- or c+ for this year.

Back
Top Bottom