Adam Gase Proving You Are Not What Your Record Says You Are | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adam Gase Proving You Are Not What Your Record Says You Are

Aqua4Ever04

Active Roster
Reaction score
Hey guys, I hate to return in this fashion, but I've pulled something of a 180 this year. The results continue to pile up in a negative manner, and I'm slipping further and further away from the idea that Adam Gase can succeed in Miami.

In this column, I share some disparaging statistics, and show you why Gase's 20-21 record is really more of a farce than an indicator of his abilities.

https://www.lockedondolphins.com/do...ng-you-are-not-what-your-record-says-you-are/

Gase should be canned after this year, but he will not be. Ross will give him a 4th year like he did with Philbin and Sparano, ultimately to fire him in-season next year at some point. Just like he did with Philbin and Sparano. They both should of been fired after their 3rd year, but Ross will waste away another season by retaining Gase for another year. This can't be anymore predictable. It is like clockwork with this organization.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I hate to return in this fashion, but I've pulled something of a 180 this year. The results continue to pile up in a negative manner, and I'm slipping further and further away from the idea that Adam Gase can succeed in Miami.

In this column, I share some disparaging statistics, and show you why Gase's 20-21 record is really more of a farce than an indicator of his abilities.

https://www.lockedondolphins.com/do...ng-you-are-not-what-your-record-says-you-are/

This is an excellent article and when you put it out there like that it’s hard to argue with any of it.

With the injuries which are beyond unlucky and legit I would expect Gase getting a 'get out of jail card' BUT and here is my beef. Why has his play calling shown to be totally negative when he knows the season is based on a banged up QB, an average at best 2nd string QB. Half the WR unit injured, OL missing most of it starting unit. TEs have been basically non existent. Does Gase rate TE's? I'm asking because his draft pick evaluation is poor. Either way.. TE position is under valued. Defense can't stop the run of can't communicate which I've noticed. Too many blown coverage are killing the team. The LB position is a huge question mark. The sad part is that Miami are 2nd in INTs yet they have no legit pass rush and no pressure from LB unit. If Xavien Howard doesn't make the Pro Bowl then I will throw in the towel. He's been outstanding. He has good hands and shows up when needed. What a shame the same cannot be said for his HC who cannot take advantage of those turnovers.

Great article and an eye opener but like you said, Ross won't do anything about and the excuses will keep on coming for Gase

never forget
Tannehill-Jesus.jpg

I’d bet good money that Gase returns for 2019 since Ross . . . well, you know.

Still, when you’ve lost Aqua4Ever, that’s a huge red flag right there. If only Ross could know.

Feels like groundhog's day. He'll be back for year four, just like Philbs and Sparano (RIP) and be jettisoned when the team sucks again.

2019 wouldn't be a bad year to bottom out, though. That's when Tua become available.

Gase should be canned after this year, but he will not be. Ross will give him a 4th year like he did with Philbin and Sparano, ultimately to fire him in-season next year at some point. Just like he did with Philbin and Sparano. They both should of been fired after their 3rd year, but Ross will waste away another season by retaining Gase for another year. This can't be anymore predictable. It is like clockwork with this organization.

Well, it looks like it's time to hire Wannstedt again.

"You are what you are" is one of the greatest and most accurate sports sayings of all time. Nothing in sports is more underrated than the raw won/loss record. Far more often than not, it is the truth and the light.

For example, when I go back over this NFL season from a betting perspective that game yesterday will jump out as one of the top bargains of the year. How can a 5-5 team be a 9 point home favorite over another 5-5 team? I got +10 early in the week before Tannehill was announced as starter.

The scatter plot of .500 or worse teams late in the season will include dozens of games with a very low pointspread...-3 or less. Only a handful of games will be above 6 point favoritism, and those favorites will not fare well, to put it mildly.

This goes on every year. If you actually chart it out the results are shocking. I do it by computer these days but decades ago when I did it by hand the outlier numbers would be so startling I'd stop and double take. How could that team be favored by so much, given their record? Then you wouldn't really need to look at the outcome. No kidding they didn't cover. They never deserved to be favored by that much in the first place.

However, when the season is underway and subjectivity reigns, then the number does not look out of whack. It is incredible how much benefit of a doubt those Crowd teams can attain, merely by a short and mostly irrelevant winning streak.

I actually look at the Adam Gase situation the other way. I mentioned it last week. The fact that he wins so many games despite extremely low theoretical likelihood deep into the second half makes me believe something unique is going on. I'm not throwing it away. We shouldn't have this record with a YPPA Differential that is so miserable, among the bottom handful in the league. Likewise our 10-6 record in 2016 made no sense. Anyone who was paying attention at the time understood that. There were warnings all over this forum, from myself and many others. That bloated record in 2016 almost guaranteed a severe regression in 2017, whether Tannehill remained healthy or not.

We're a Crowd franchise and roster but Adam Gase is not a pure Crowd coach. He borrows traits from Cream, Crowd and Crap. Very rare and very intriguing, at least to me. If he could merely learn to throw away the fear and replace it with aggression we might have something.

Tough call. I'm not opposed to replacing him, but it would have to be someone undeniably special. If it's just another Crowd type, I'd prefer to stay where we are.

Ryan Tannehill is a Crowd quarterback. There is no intrigue whatsoever attached to him. I'd prefer to see Gase with Other, as opposed to Tannehill with Other. I know how the second one would turn out.

Back
Top Bottom