Adam Morrison and Rudy Gay(Memphis) switching teams? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adam Morrison and Rudy Gay(Memphis) switching teams?

Prime

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Found this on RealGM.

On ESPN radio they just said that Jerry West is trying to do everything possible in trying to land Adam Morrison. They said that discussions are under way involving Morrison and Gay being swapped. A Memphis 1st round pick for '07 may be involved. Memphis is said to have lost favor of Bobby Jackson and may be looking for a pass first point guard to go with damon stoudamire. They mentioned this possibility:

Brevin Knight
Adam Morrison

for

Rudy Gay
Mike Miller or Hakim Warrick
1st round pick

http://realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=533131

no if the Cats are smart they will keep morrison. they will have a pretty good team this year...and next year with okefor and Morrison they should contend for the 7th or 8th spot in a overal still weak east

We better keep Morrison. Im not a fan of Rudy Gay.

budd is bobcat fan would love to see his thought on this as he has had a lovefest with both gay and morrison before the draft.

If there is one thing the Bobcats have been consistant on, its the unwillingness to take on bad deals. I doubt they would consider any trade involving Miller and his bloated contract. I also realize people want to conjure up all these trades involving Brevin Knight, but why would the cats trade him? Felton may be the starter of the future....mabey even the starting PG next year, but at the very least Knight is a starting calibre backup. There is no reason for Charlotte to trade him until next year's offseason, unless they think his trade value will plummet or he is unwilling to accept a different role.

That trade is convincing if I was the Bobcats I would try and get a little more out of them if not well keep Morrison because you know he is going to be good!

Mindwarp said:
budd is bobcat fan would love to see his thought on this as he has had a lovefest with both gay and morrison before the draft.

was thinking the same thing

I highly doubt this goes down; highly.

Brevin Knight/Raymond Felton, Adam Morrison, & Gerald Wallace - that's fine, leave it alone.

But then again, Raymond Felton has shown signs of brilliance & Mike Miller would be a perfect shooter with Emeka Okafor drawing doubles in the post - it is kind've tempting from Charlotte's standpoint. My question is, how the hell does Rudy Gay fit in with Gerald Wallace, one of the best perimeter defenders in basketball who is only 23-years old himself? You can't possibly expect one of those guys to log serious minutes at the 2, and with Gay's future expected to be excellent, you can't possibly expect either he or Wallace to come off the bench. Mike Miller can play the 2, but I don't like Wallace or Gay at the 2. This would definitely cause some problems.

Sounds like some stupid ESPN Radio rumor, but wow, Brevin Knight is too unappreciated by "analysts"

I wouldnt trade 2 adam morrisons for rudy gay.

Rudy = ROY & future all star...thats how it frequently turns out with them uconn guys as pros...besides travis knight and khalid el amin of course.

Back
Top Bottom