Adam Morrison and Rudy Gay(Memphis) switching teams? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adam Morrison and Rudy Gay(Memphis) switching teams?

Sorry guys seriously doubt this goes down...if charlotte wanted gay they would of took him, they took morrison because it was the guy they wanted for this team. Right now morrison is basically untouchable in a trade...They want to see what he can bring to the table for this team before they even consider trading him.

I dont want the trade to happen though...Im very impressed with the core of players were building...Raymond Felton was argueably the most impressive rookie last year not named chris paul, gerald wallace is one of the best perimeter defenders in the game and hes only 23, Sean May and Emeka Okafor are a good combo, and Brevin Knight is a top 6 pg in this league imo

Also I want to mention how under appreciated outside of charlotte [bobcat fans know] brevin knight is...let me feed you guys some stats to chew on for a bit

Brevin Knight
12.6 ppg
3.2 rpg
8.8 apg [3rd in the league]
2.28 spg [2nd in the league]
3.72 Assists Per Turnover [2nd in the league]

Hes everything you want in a PG...only thing he lacks is deadly shot...Not to mention how undersized Knight is too, 5''10 170 lbs. [Hes very fast and smart with the ball and plays great defense]

The last two years, I got Knight in the last round in some fantasy drafts. It's like people don't even know he exists. Here's what he did last year:

Ranks #3 in the NBA in Assists Per Game(8.8)
Ranks #2 in the NBA in Steals Per Game(2.28)
Ranks #6 in the NBA in Assists(610.0)
Ranks #4 in the NBA in Steals(157.0)
Ranks #2 in the NBA in Assists Per Turnover(3.72)
Ranks #7 in the NBA in Steals Per Turnover(0.96)
Ranks #2 in the NBA in Assists Per 48 Minutes(12.5)
Ranks #1 in the NBA in Steals Per 48 Minutes(3.21)

Same goes with Gerald Wallace, too bad he can't stay healthy.

Ranks #4 in the NBA in Field-Goal Percentage(0.538)
Ranks #1 in the NBA in Steals Per Game(2.51)
Ranks #11 in the NBA in Blocks Per Game(2.09)
Ranks #11 in the NBA in Steals(138.0)
Ranks #18 in the NBA in Blocks(115.0)
Ranks #4 in the NBA in Steals Per Turnover(1.39)

The Bobcats had the top two "thiefs" last year.

byroan said:
The last two years, I got Knight in the last round in some fantasy drafts. It's like people don't even know he exists. Here's what he did last year:

Same goes with Gerald Wallace, too bad he can't stay healthy.

Wallace has had some injury problems...hopefully he can stay healthy this year

Yup, I said the same thing about Brevin Knight. And, Gerald Wallace is easily a top 3 perimeter defender. No chance this dumb trade goes down. Unless of course, you're desperate and are just trading to trade like the New Orleans Hornets.

Blueprint said:
Yup, I said the same thing about Brevin Knight. And, Gerald Wallace is easily a top 3 perimeter defender. No chance this dumb trade goes down. Unless of course, you're desperate and are just trading to trade like the New Orleans Hornets.

Well charlotte would be getting great value for morrison with Rudy Gay, Miller, and a 1st round pick...but they like morrison too much for him to be traded before he can prove anything

Buddwalk said:
Also I want to mention how under appreciated outside of charlotte [bobcat fans know] brevin knight is...let me feed you guys some stats to chew on for a bit

Brevin Knight
12.6 ppg
3.2 rpg

Hes everything you want in a PG...only thing he lacks is deadly shot...Not to mention how undersized Knight is too, 5''10 170 lbs. [Hes very fast and smart with the ball and plays great defense]

I am a Raptors fan and I appreciate Brevin Knights skills I was almost estatic when I heard the rumor that we were trading our #1 for your #3 and Brevin Knight! I was like that gives us a starting PG and we could probably still get a guy we want in the draft! Instead we drafted the Italian and we traded Charlie V for TJ Ford which I am still very happy about!

Buddwalk said:

Brevin Knight
12.6 ppg
3.2 rpg

:yes:

I've been telling my friends how good Knight is, but they just don't buy it because he's not a big name player.

It just goes to show how stupid your friends can be. :D

Phinz4Life said:
I've been telling my friends how good Knight is, but they just don't buy it because he's not a big name player.

It just goes to show how stupid your friends can be. :D

My pg rankings go like this

1. Jason Kidd
2. Steve Nash
3. Chauncy Billups
4. Tony Parker
5. Baron Davis
6. Brevin Knight
7. Chris Paul [Will move into top 5 after another solid season]

Buddwalk said:
My pg rankings go like this

1. Jason Kidd
2. Steve Nash
3. Chauncy Billups
4. Tony Parker
5. Baron Davis
6. Brevin Knight
7. Chris Paul [Will move into top 5 after another solid season]
id put paul 4th right after billups but yet not far behind. And Id flip nash and kidd. i would however also put knight ahead of baron davis who doesnt do as good a job of getting his teammates involved. But Paul is awesome especially for a rookie.

Look at the stats:
Paul:
mins: 36.0
FG%: 430
3's: 28.2
FT:.847
Reb:5.1
stl: 2.24
BLK.08
TO: 2.35
AST: 7.8
ast/TO: 3.31 to 1
PPG: 16.1

Knight:
Mins: 34.1
FG%: .399
3's: 23.1
FT: 803
REB: 3.2
STL: 2.28
BLK: .06
TO: 2.38
AST: 8.8
AST/to: 3.69 to 1
PPG: 12.6

So paul is basically better across the board except in steals, and ast to to ratio (which i included because its big for a PG). Paul was also in the top 20 in the hollinger stats which measures a players effiency + productivity where as davis, Kidd, parker and knight were not even top 30. Combine that with the fact paul's team went from 18 wins to 40 with him as the primary addition to the club....well you can see the picture im painting. Chris Paul is not only a top 4 pg but hes bound to be even better real soon.

To take it a step further paul's rookie season isnt far off from magic:
Magic vs Paul rookie seasons:
MPG: 36.2 vs 36
FG: .530 vs 430
3pt%: N/a (NBA.com didnt list it) vs .28.2
FT: .810 vs .847
Reb: 7.7 vs 5.1
STL: 2.42 vs 2.24
BLK: .53 vs .08
ast: 7.3 vs 7.8
AST/TO: 1.84 vs 3.38
PPG: 18.0 vs 16.1

So in short Magic probably had the better overall rookie year but paul is competitive or better in every stat except fg% and blocks

Boik14 said:
id put paul 4th right after billups but yet not far behind. And Id flip nash and kidd. i would however also put knight ahead of baron davis who doesnt do as good a job of getting his teammates involved. But Paul is awesome especially for a rookie.

Look at the stats:
Paul:
mins: 36.0
FG%: 430
3's: 28.2
FT:.847
Reb:5.1
stl: 2.24
BLK.08
TO: 2.35
AST: 7.8
ast/TO: 3.31 to 1
PPG16.1

Knight:
Mins: 34.1
FG%: .399
3's: 23.1
FT: 803
REB: 3.2
STL: 2.28
BLK: .06
TO: 2.38
AST: 8.8
AST/to: 3.69 to 1
PPG: 12.6

So paul is basically better across the board except in steals, and ast to to ratio (which i included because its big for a PG. Paul was also in the top 20 in the hollinger stats which measures a players effiency + productivity where as davis, Kidd, parker and knight were not. Combine that wit the fact paul's team went from 18 wins to 40 with him as the primary addition to the club....well you can see the picture im painting. Chris Paul is not only a top 4 pg but hes bound to be even better real soon.

I base this on consistency in the league...I refuse to put a player in the top 5 at a postion after just one year in the league no matter how good they are...and ask people [Im a huge huge huge Chris Paul Fan too] Another solid year for paul will put him up in there around the 3-5 range. Baron Davis is a great pg when healthy too bro...look at the stats

Buddwalk said:
I base this on consistency in the league...I refuse to put a player in the top 5 at a postion after just one year in the league no matter how good they are...and ask people [Im a huge huge huge Chris Paul Fan too] Another solid year for paul will put him up in there around the 3-5 range. Baron Davis is a great pg when healthy too bro...look at the stats
What you choose to do is your business but what the stats show is another. Baron Davis is good but he doesnt make the players around him better and he doesnt make his team 22 wins better. he shoots a very low % from the floor and from the foul line and his ast/to ratio quite honestly stinks. Hes a better scorer then paul but thats because he more of a sg than a pg much like iverson. Only difference is that iversons PER rating is much better then davis'. paul's Per and Hollinger ranking are better then davis' also. So the stats contradict what youre saying.

Boik14 said:
What you choose to do is your business but what the stats show is another. Baron Davis is good but he doesnt make the players around him better and he doesnt make his team 22 wins better. he shoots a very low % from the floor and from the foul line and his ast/to ratio quite honestly stinks. Hes a better scorer then paul but thats because he more of a sg than a pg much like iverson. Only difference is that iversons PER rating is much better then davis'. paul's Per and Hollinger ranking are better then davis' also. So the stats contradict what youre saying.

you've never watched baron davis play have you :chuckle:

Heres some stats on baron davis for ya bro

17.9 ppg
4.4 rpg
8.9 apg [2nd in the league]
1.6 spg
3.0 Assist/Turnover Ratio

His real weakness is his horrible freethrow shooting for a pg...ask anyone bro baron davis when healthy is a great pg top 5 easy. I dont see how you think hes a sg though bro...hes only eclipsed over 1000+ fg attempts in a season twice in his 8 year career.

Buddwalk said:
you've never watched baron davis play have you :chuckle:

Heres some stats on baron davis for ya bro

17.9 ppg
4.4 rpg
8.9 apg [2nd in the league]
1.6 spg
3.0 Assist/Turnover Ratio

His real weakness is his horrible freethrow shooting for a pg...ask anyone bro baron davis when healthy is a great pg top 5 easy. I dont see how you think hes a sg though bro...hes only eclipsed over 1000+ fg attempts in a season twice in his 8 year career.
Iverson averages 7+apg. Its not how many assists you average but how you get teammates involved that determines a PG's worth. You cant be getting many players involved if youre doing a lot of the shooting. Davis is a shoot first pass second guy no different that Marbury, Iverson, or Francis.

Back
Top Bottom