Adam Morrison and Rudy Gay(Memphis) switching teams? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adam Morrison and Rudy Gay(Memphis) switching teams?

Boik14 said:
Iverson averages 7+apg. Its not how many assists you average but how you get teammates involved that determines a PG's worth. You cant be getting many players involved if youre doing a lot of the shooting. Davis is a shoot first pass second guy no different that Marbury, Iverson, or Francis.

Funny, I've been watching davis for a couple of years now and comparisons to marbury, francis, or iverson never came up for me

Yes Iverson may be a 7+ apg but he also took the 2nd most shots in the nba this year

Buddwalk said:
Funny, I've been watching davis for a couple of years now and comparisons to marbury, francis, or iverson never came up for me

Yes Iverson may be a 7+ apg but he also took the 2nd most shots in the nba this year
Watch their games and you'll see comparisons to steph francis or iverson. All 4 including davis are half court PG's who score better then they pass when set in half court offfenses and their assists come in transition. When asked to deliver a ball using timing off staggered screens and pick and rolls they tend to struggle.

Further, look deeper in to the comparison and you'll see they all tend to shoot poor FG % except Marbury, all have great stats (all 4 are usually in the neighborhood of 18+ ppg/6+ ast) yet tend to play for losing teams, and consistently complain (except iverson).

The reason for that is the style of play is not conducive to the traditional team building formula's GM's use. By definition a PG is someone who distributes so theoretically they should be at best the 4th highest PPG among the starting five or else he could not keep true to the defined role of a PG and this is where all 4 fail miserably.

Back
Top Bottom