Adam Schefter: Mentions Dolphins as a possible landing spot for David Garrard | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adam Schefter: Mentions Dolphins as a possible landing spot for David Garrard

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
Oh Boy! Adam Schefter was on WQAM's Sid Rosenberg Show this Friday that pasted and said Jags could cut or quietly shop Garrard if Gabbert is going to be the starter. Reminds everyone how Leftwich was cut in a similar way. Mentioned Fins as a possible & most likely destination.

would not mind this guy as another backup if henne doesnt work out.

Its amazing how times change. Garrard was an up and coming QB before he signed a decent deal. Now he is being discussed as a possible backup for Chad Henne.

Garrard here for QB competition/insurance makes too much sense. I will wait patiently while the Jets, Bills or Patriots acquire him.

David Garrard would beat out Henne, and would give us a better chance of getting somewhere this year, he is not a long term answer.

Henne is the starter and that is not going to change. If they would sign Garrard it would likely be a replacement for Moore. I don't see this happening.

Henne is the starter and that is not going to change. If they would sign Garrard it would likely be a replacement for Moore. I don't see this happening.

This. I also don't see it happening because we wouldn't release Moore at this point and Garrard isn't going to sign to compete for third string.

Why would we want this guy if we didnt want Orton? Orton is way better than Garrard.

haha, Garrard would quickly send Henne to the bench...Garrard has actually posted decent QB numbers in this league, unlike Chad.

Why would we want this guy if we didnt want Orton? Orton is way better than Garrard.
Not saying that Miami actually wants him, but there are obvious reasons why they would go after Garrard instead of Orton. First off, it won't take a 2nd round pick like the Broncos wanted. Also, Garrard is not going to demand a multi-year $9-10 million per year contract that Orton wanted.

I don't know about this, but weren't you of the notion that Pat White would beat out Henne?

I dunno what kind of fantasy world you live in , but about 80% of the qbs in the league right this moment could beat out Henne. To date, Henne hasnt beaten out anyone. To answer your question. I never said Pat White would beat out Henne, there was no competition there to begin with, what I did suggest was for them to show henne a seat on the sideline and use Pat White the way they intended to use him(which was incorrectly). Anyways how is pat white doing lately?

Back
Top Bottom