Adam Schefter: NO RB for Miami (Take Two) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adam Schefter: NO RB for Miami (Take Two)

Dolfan1000

Hall Of Famer
Reaction score
He made it very clear again tonight- Miami will NOT draft a running back at number two. Now he didnt say anything about 7 or 9, assuming a trade down... To be honest, I would love to know where he gets such firm statements, considering Saban has been extremely tight-lipped. However, with that said, this is two nights in a row where he has made this very clear.

He basically said if SF takes Smith, we either take Edwards or trade down for someone who wants Edwards. I still think a WR is a bit of a waste... We have two very good ones.

Schefter doesn't know anymore about this than we do. Nick Saban hasn't told anyone anything. The only people who know what Nick Saban will do are Scott O'Brien and Rick Spielman, and they aren't telling Adam Schefter that Miami isn't dafting a running back.

KB21 said:
Schefter doesn't know anymore about this than we do. Nick Saban hasn't told anyone anything. The only people who know what Nick Saban will do are Scott O'Brien and Rick Spielman, and they aren't telling Adam Schefter that Miami isn't dafting a running back.

Before I even opened the thread.....

I knew KB was going to be on it.....

Let me add that he isn't getting this from the players either, because they don't even know if Nick is going to take them or not.

No one outside his inner circle of O'Brien and Spielman knows who Nick will pick, and no one will know till 12:30 tomorrow. The only reason I project Ronnie Brown to Miami is because it makes the most sense. Braylon Edwards doesn't make any sense for Miami, and there is no one out there that can justify taking Braylon Edwards over Ronnie Brown. There's not enough of a gap between them to justify taking the wide receiver over the running back.

Well I mean there are always player agents... There is always a way. But I do agree that these reporters know nothing. It is still fun to speculate :)

I am glad that it was finally said.

Saban has constantly said that he doesnt feel there is value picking a RB at 2. A bigger sign is Ronnie Brown was asked how much contact he has with the Dolphins and he said none. He said they seemed like they were the team the least interested in him.

KB21 said:

By the way, I agree with you.

Nobody has a clue.

shaadi said:
who do u think the first pick will be?

Alex Smith. It is as much a lead pipe sinch as anything at this point, and I believe Miami will take Ronnie Brown with the 2nd pick if they don't trade down.

PhinsPhan said:

Saban has constantly said that he doesnt feel there is value picking a RB at 2. A bigger sign is Ronnie Brown was asked how much contact he has with the Dolphins and he said none. He said they seemed like they were the team the least interested in him.

Nick: Hey Ronnie, listen, if they ask you if we have been talking, just downplay it. Its important we keep this on the down low.

Ronnie: Sure coach.

NEXT DAY...

Lebatard: So Ronnie, have you had much contact with the Dolphins?

Ronnie: No. None. They dont want me.

Not much of an actor, are you Ronnie?

PhinsPhan said:

When has Saban said that? Find me the direct quote from Nick Saban, and not from "a source close to Nick Saban" that says he doesn't see value in the running back position.

Nick Saban has not only shown enough interest in Ronnie Brown to go to his private workout at Auburn. He has shown enough interest to go to Auburn a second time to work them out without having other teams around.

Dolfan1000 said:
He made it very clear again tonight- Miami will NOT draft a running back at number two. Now he didnt say anything about 7 or 9, assuming a trade down... To be honest, I would love to know where he gets such firm statements, considering Saban has been extremely tight-lipped. However, with that said, this is two nights in a row where he has made this very clear.

He basically said if SF takes Smith, we either take Edwards or trade down for someone who wants Edwards. I still think a WR is a bit of a waste... We have two very good ones.

Booker hasnt been anything special since 2002!

We need more targets!

Dolfan1000 said:
Nick: Hey Ronnie, listen, if they ask you if we have been talking, just downplay it. Its important we keep this on the down low.

Ronnie: Sure coach.

NEXT DAY...

Lebatard: So Ronnie, have you had much contact with the Dolphins?

Ronnie: No. None. They dont want me.

Not much of an actor, are you Ronnie?

Tell me why would Ronnie Brown do this? How would it benefit him at all to act like the Dolphins weren't interested? The only outcome would be he is picked lower because teams will trade up with the Dolphins.

Back
Top Bottom