Adam Schefter: NO RB For Miami | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adam Schefter: NO RB For Miami

I think the analysts may have improperly analyzed our position.

What's the worst case scenario? Minnesota trades up to #1 to get Braylon? Then the Bucs trade up for Smith/Brown. Or the Bucs trade up for Smith? Then we sell out to Minnesota for Braylon.

Only one of the two "big names" will be gone. We can presumably trade down with the other as bait. We've convinced teams we're interested in both Braylon and Smith. Now whether we are I don't know--but I don't think they do either.

ohall said:
I tend to agree with this. If we stay at #2 we are going to be paying someone a ton of $ for a long time. I'm not exactly sure if the HB position is the position you want to invest that kind of $ and time into. HB is the most brutal and injury prone position in all of football.

QB or WR seems to be a much better risk when you look at it this way. And I happen to think this will play a major role in their decision.

Exactly right, which is why some of us have been saying all along we will not draft a runner #2.

thepoolboy said:
Rodgers appears to bring more tangibles to the table than Smith (better mechanics, release, arm strength, even accuracy). The main issue with Rodgers, IMO, is his ****y attitude. He is very confident and right now teams may be unsure if their dealing with a Dan Marino attitude or a Ryan Leaf attitude.

Dude get off the Ryan leaf crap, Ryan Leaf was a cry baby, theres a big difference

BlueFin said:
Dude get off the Ryan leaf crap, Ryan Leaf was a cry baby, theres a big difference

That's just bull****. BlueFin is right, Rodgers is a comical guy. He's nothing like Leaf.

Either way Saban is a card player because NOBODY has any idea what we are going to do. He's got a darn good poker face and frankly that excites me. You've got work angles in the draft to try to maximize picks and value. Saban doesn't have a whole lot to work with right now, but he's definitely trying to make due with what we've got.

HysterikiLL said:
I want to trade down but if we stay, I still think Ronnie is our player. Who cares about money for now. Value is not measured in dollars and cents. Smith, I'm not buying into -- I just don't think he'll make it over the hump..a small rock in a jar of stones.

but a guy that couldn't start in college can?

Back
Top Bottom