Adam Schefter on Mike and Mike | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adam Schefter on Mike and Mike

i say he is a fin, but it wont happen as quick as expected.

he will threaten to wait until after the draft hoping some team missed out on their wr choice or wait untill teams rosters start taking shape into the summer. he can change the teams draft mentality by putting fear into their minds that they may lose him and would have to depend on a hi round rookie.

this will get annoying and drag out a bit.
He will be signed somewhere by the end of the week. Players want stability in their lives not to play games with front offices.

If he threatens to wait, then he threatens to lose a big contract that Miami is offering now.

He'd be better off signing the contract instead of risking Miami deciding to go in another direction. Then he could lose even more money.

he will threaten to wait until after the draft hoping some team missed out on their wr choice or wait untill teams rosters start taking shape into the summer. he can change the teams draft mentality by putting fear into their minds that they may lose him and would have to depend on a hi round rookie.

I don't think he's waiting a month and a half to sign. He'll sign within 48 hours.

He will be signed somewhere by the end of the week. Players want stability in their lives not to play games with front offices.

yep. yer right.

never seen agents fug with front offices, expecially when they hold some cards and looking for HUGE bank.

they WILL use miamis desperation to some extent, maybe last a day or two, or as i said, should they feel miami is low balling them after finding out that there really IS no competition for and start using the things i mentioned as motivational tools.

remember, you dont have JUST the player. you also have the agent to deal with who is trying to get his own bank, hype his agent skills and massage his ego.

the things i mentioned COULD happen. he COULD sign at 4:01 tomarow, or use every trick in the book into the summer getting miami to up the deal. i wont be suprized at either outcome.

yep. yer right.

never seen agents fug with front offices, expecially when they hold some cards and looking for HUGE bank.

they WILL use miamis desperation to some extent, maybe last a day or two, or as i said, should they feel miami is low balling them after finding out that there really IS no competition for and start using the things i mentioned as motivational tools.

remember, you dont have JUST the player. you also have the agent to deal with who is trying to get his own bank, hype his agent skills and massage his ego.

the things i mentioned COULD happen. he COULD sign at 4:01 tomarow, or use every trick in the book into the summer getting miami to up the deal. i wont be suprized at either outcome.

Wallace will have a new team within 48 hours. The big money comes at the start of free agency then it declines.

He will have agreed by tomorrow night in principle...with somebody.

I don't think he's waiting a month and a half to sign.

all i said was he COULD, not that he WILL hold out untill summer. i am just saying, there are things in their favor, they have cards to play even though its come out that we have no competition for a big money deal.

and miamis idea of big money may not be the same as MW's agents.

just bringing up the fact that they hold SOME cards even though fans think its a foregone conclusion he signs at 4:01pm tuesday.

weather they use them is another story.

NOTHING shocks me in the nfl anymore, and it shouldnt shock other fans either.

I tend to disagree with this logic; if a player waits until the draft he risks the possiblity that the team finds a receiver in the draft and pulls their offer.

Lets just hope teams aren't simply scared off because of our high ass offer.

That's fine - I'm sure teams are backing off because they know the Fins have money to play with. That doesn't mean we blow all of it - it just means less teams to bid on him. Less teams bidding + Zero income tax puts us in a good spot.

FWIW, Omar just posted that his understanding of a potential Wallace deal is that approx 5-6 mil goes against this years cap.

Mike Wallace will be a Miami dolphin by the end of tomorrow. Bring on mendenhall, osi, and drc

Ben Volin is putting his neck out there too.

Back
Top Bottom