Adam Schefter's take on Miami | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adam Schefter's take on Miami

Rickey is worth way more to us than he is in trade value. That should be the end of it.

EXlurker said:
Unless the Dolphins get a 1st or 2nd for Ricky(which I doubt anyone will offer). Keep him and give him 150 carries/receptions per season,give him a salary of about 2.5 mill per season. Then even if he lasts only 2 or 3 more years,Brown will be pretty fresh going into his 4th season or so by the time Ricky is done.

It's brilliant. But don't count on Ricky being around for too long. Eventually, Wayne's gunna set him freee !! Run, Ricky, Ruuun !! :lol:

BigBadBuc said:
Yeah... that's it.

Pay top dollar for TWO NFL RB's in the same backfield. That is the opposite of spending precious cap dollars wisely.
umm for your info. ricky only makes vet minimum. God, i hate when people post when they don't know what they are talking about.

Winbaby#23 said:
umm for your info. ricky only makes vet minimum. God, i hate when people post when they don't know what they are talking about.

ummm ....read the post I quoted. God, i hate when people post when they don't know what they are talking about.

Anyone who firmly believes Ricky will be traded before the October 18th deadline is a little bit misguided, in my opinion.

But anyone who believes Ricky Williams will be a Miami Dolphin in 2007, is also a little bit misguided.

Don't miss out on the point of drafting Ronnie Brown. Ronnie Brown's versatility was coveted because you can team him up with just about any old running back who is good with the ball in his hands (there really are lots of RBs who are good with the ball in their hands, and have 0 game outside of that).

BigBadBuc is sort of right. To give huge money to both RBs would be the opposite of wise salary cap maneuvering. Think of 2005 as a test run to see if it would be worth giving Ricky a moderate raise in 2006 to keep him here another year. Right now he's practically costing us nothing. But, when it comes time that his agent and he start wanting more money, the debt forgiveness, and etc, the Dolphins will have to look at the tape, figure out just how much having Ricky here with Ronnie actually HELPS us win vs. having some other back who is fairly decent with the ball in his hands, and decide whether or not to toss him another million bucks.

ckparrothead said:
Anyone who firmly believes Ricky will be traded before the October 18th deadline is a little bit misguided, in my opinion.

But anyone who believes Ricky Williams will be a Miami Dolphin in 2007, is also a little bit misguided.

Don't miss out on the point of drafting Ronnie Brown. Ronnie Brown's versatility was coveted because you can team him up with just about any old running back who is good with the ball in his hands (there really are lots of RBs who are good with the ball in their hands, and have 0 game outside of that).

BigBadBuc is sort of right. To give huge money to both RBs would be the opposite of wise salary cap maneuvering. Think of 2005 as a test run to see if it would be worth giving Ricky a moderate raise in 2006 to keep him here another year. Right now he's practically costing us nothing. But, when it comes time that his agent and he start wanting more money, the debt forgiveness, and etc, the Dolphins will have to look at the tape, figure out just how much having Ricky here with Ronnie actually HELPS us win vs. having some other back who is fairly decent with the ball in his hands, and decide whether or not to toss him another million bucks.
I don't think so CK. I think Saban espouses the Belichick philosophy that you get O linemen cheap and develop them with good coaching. When you do that you have a lot more money left for the skilled positions on offense. New England even let Damion Woody go when he got outside the range of their philosophy, and he was a pro-bowler.

finjim said:
I thought we beat the Jets scored 31?

It was 23-21 on a last second field goal by Mare. That was my first Phins game at Pro Player/Dolphins Stadium :)

Why not trade Ronnie? If...

Alright, I'm sure I'll catch some scowls and lol's, BUT, if Ricky is back to true form and remains a model citizen (within context ;) ), then maybe during the draft ('06) the Fins might want to trade Ronnie for several picks. A decent back-up to Ricky shouldn't be hard to find. Just food for thought, and don't get me wrong - I believe Ronnie is awesome and has more value at this stage. Don't forget Herschel Walker and Minnesota!

RickysNutts said:
Alright, I'm sure I'll catch some scowls and lol's, BUT, if Ricky is back to true form and remains a model citizen (within context ;) ), then maybe during the draft ('06) the Fins might want to trade Ronnie for several picks. A decent back-up to Ricky shouldn't be hard to find. Just food for thought, and don't get me wrong - I believe Ronnie is awesome and has more value at this stage. Don't forget Herschel Walker and Minnesota!

:shakeno:

shouright said:
I don't think so CK. I think Saban espouses the Belichick philosophy that you get O linemen cheap and develop them with good coaching. When you do that you have a lot more money left for the skilled positions on offense. New England even let Damion Woody go when he got outside the range of their philosophy, and he was a pro-bowler.

Umm, did I talk about OL though? Or, do you mean that just because Saban will keep the OL relatively inexpensive that means he's willing to keep two running backs who cost more than $3 million against the cap each...

shouright said:
I think after people have seen Ricky and Ronnie on the field together for a while, there won't be much more talk about trading Ricky.
i think the talk of trading ricky comes from those who do not want to face him and ronnie together. :D

ckparrothead said:
Umm, did I talk about OL though? Or, do you mean that just because Saban will keep the OL relatively inexpensive that means he's willing to keep two running backs who cost more than $3 million against the cap each...
I just think you have a lot more to spend on the skilled positions when you aren't paying your linemen a ton. We could have two RBs who are making that much and have the other skilled positions well-paid too.

BigBadBuc said:
ummm ....read the post I quoted. God, i hate when people post when they don't know what they are talking about.
All this really doesn't really matter, because we won't see you here after sunday.

Back
Top Bottom