Adam Schefter's take on Miami | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adam Schefter's take on Miami

How many times do we have to rehash the same argument? Am I the only person geting tired of this?

dolphan117 said:
How many times do we have to rehash the same argument? Am I the only person geting tired of this?

I'll join you in the "Get Over It People" club!

dolphan117 said:

Until its thoroughly beaten and drug through enough mud that it looks like Marge Schott.

Ricky Williams and Ronnie Brown duo is a good fit for what Saban wants to do with Miami's offense. Dolphins NFL version of what the Auburn War Eagles had last year and the year before with Cadillac and Ronnie. Saban knows what a stong duo like that can do to a defence (based on his experiences vs. Auburn while he was at LSU). At the present time Ricky won't be getting a big contract so they can afford to keep both.

To beat Tampa run Ricky up the middle.. then the middle again then use Brown on screens, sweeps and as a change of pace. Because the Bucs blitz so much and their strength is speed on the edges the best way to beat them is use power and run right at the heart of their defense. An effective short passing game from Frerrote with involvement at the TE position add another element that can beat them, barring turnovers or numerous penalties like vs. Jets.

One scenario I haven't seen discussed in this forum (or any other for that matter) is one, whereby, Ronnie could be trade fodder during next year's draft ('06)... Think about the possibilities, if Ricky jams this year and remains a model citizen, the Fins quite conceivably could trade Ronnie for several picks ( a la Herschel to Minne)!

RickysNutts said:
One scenario I haven't seen discussed in this forum (or any other for that matter) is one, whereby, Ronnie could be trade fodder during next year's draft ('06)... Think about the possibilities, if Ricky jams this year and remains a model citizen, the Fins quite conceivably could trade Ronnie for several picks ( a la Herschel to Minne)!

Yes It has been mentioned, and no it wont happen. At least not untill that red guy with horns starts ice skating.

There is noway that miami trades Ronnie Brown in 06, and as for paying big money to two running backs, why not. There isn't a team out there that doesn't wish that they had R/R and anyone who says different i just couldn't believe. Next season the dolphins will give Ricky a nice contract with incintives that could make him some money.

Olbruck said:
ADVANTAGE, DOLPHINS

Not only do the Dolphins have an advantage with healthier running backs, but they also have another advantage.

Miami's quarterbacks coach is Jason Garrett, who spent the 2003 training camp with the Bucs. Some within the Tampa Bay organization fear that Garrett knows the Buccaneers snap count and what they're trying to accomplish offensively.

It will be up to Tampa Bay to mix it up, and the Bucs will. But Garrett is tuned into Jon Gruden and the Buccaneers offense.

How sad is this.

We've got a legitimate piece of new/relevent info here. And all anybody wants to do is rehash the same old Ricky/Ronnie thing. Unbelievable.

Jason Garrett is Nick Saban's best friend this week. Heck, he was probably very useful in the preseason vs. Tampa. That was the only game we somewhat gameplanned for. And we dominated the Bucs' first team on both sides of the ball.

Now I'm sure we'll go back to rehashing Ricky/Ronnie some more. :rolleyes:

unifiedtheory said:
We're $25 million under the cap next year...try again.

Incorrect. There's "potential" to be $25 million if the team wanted to gut the roster. As our GM has been saying $10-12 is more realistic. Don't forget that we also signed Randy McMicheal to an extension since then.

Keeping Ricky will not be 'that' expensive. At best he will be sharing snaps which automatically means he won't be a 1000 yard back. Saban is very smart with this. He keeps Ricky as roleplayer type running back and with his history no team will pony up to make a move for him.

Ricky's $$ days are over.

Back
Top Bottom