Adam Schein: The arrow's pointing up in Miami, with a coach who regularly gets the most out of his roster. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adam Schein: The arrow's pointing up in Miami, with a coach who regularly gets the most out of his roster.

ATL_PHIN_FAN

Winner Under Construction
Reaction score

6) Brian Flores' resourcefulness​

Yes, Flores' team beat the Jets. And the Jets are the worst. But don't let that overshadow what is going on with these 3-3 Dolphins.
Miami is playing strong football in every phase. Ryan Fitzpatrick's leading an offense that's averaging a surprising 26.7 points per game (ranking a respectable 14th). Meanwhile, Flores' defense is flying around the field while yielding just 18.8 points per game (the third-lowest figure in the league). The coaches' brilliant stamp is all over this team, just the way the Dolphins compete on a weekly basis. And wait until next offseason, when the Fins have four more premium picks in the first two rounds, thanks to Bill O'Brien's generosity.

The arrow's pointing up in Miami, with a coach who regularly gets the most out of his roster.

https://www.nfl.com/news/titans-buc...ne-most-impressive-nfl-performances-of-week-6

Its still a little difficult to get past how they were eviscerated on the ground those first few weeks. I'll need to see that d-line hold its own against the Rams before becoming a believer. But its hard not to like where this team is headed. Flores gets his guys to play every week, the o-line looks competent for the first time in more than a decade, there's talent if not consistency on defense, and a young stud is chompin on the bit along the sidelines waiting for his time to shine.

Above all its just nice to see a franchise with a plan, where you can kinda understand what they're trying to build and how they're trying to build it. Its so much easier to root for a team that has some sense of direction.

Its still a little difficult to get past how they were eviscerated on the ground those first few weeks. I'll need to see that d-line hold its own against the Rams before becoming a believer. But its hard not to like where this team is headed. Flores gets his guys to play every week, the o-line looks competent for the first time in more than a decade, there's talent if not consistency on defense, and a young stud is chompin on the bit along the sidelines waiting for his time to shine.

Above all its just nice to see a franchise with a plan, where you can kinda understand what they're trying to build and how they're trying to build it. Its so much easier to root for a team that has some sense of direction.
really only vs NE, Buffalo eviserated is through the air and I think Jones fixes that. We’ll see, with that being said I think a strong running game could be our bugaboo though.

really only vs NE, Buffalo eviserated is through the air and I think Jones fixes that. We’ll see, with that being said I think a strong running game could be our bugaboo though.
Most teams with a statistically good run defense simply score points on offense and force their opponent to throw the ball. I do think we are weak against a strong rushing attack. Outside of week 1, none of the teams we played really took advantage of that fact because we are scoring too many points and the games are either shootouts or blowouts.

So much here I agree with.

Can we enjoy the process a little bit folks?

So many want to jump ahead, and I get it. But where does that get us?

The first few weeks on defense were disgusting. Let's see if we got some real consistency there going forward. Let's allow the oline to gain some uniformity and continuity just abit longer. The offense is scoring points, growth on so many levels are being made.

Meh. Enjoy the ride.

It's nice to see some of the media pundits start giving Flores his due. The bumps in the road earlier in the season, could have turned ugly, if he hadn't figured out to turn things around. Overall the team, has once again responded with much improved play. Things are looking much brighter for sure.

I think we are right on track.. 500 team this year with a shot at playoffs.
Add 4 top 50 picks next season.
Maybe buy a Pass Rusher or DT
If we have our QB & our HC we will be true contenders.

I think we are right on track.. 500 team this year with a shot at playoffs.
Add 4 top 50 picks next season.
Maybe buy a Pass Rusher or DT
If we have our QB & our HC we will be true contenders.
To think that depending on what pick we get from Houston, we could trade back, keep a 1st round pick and pick up another 1st round pick for 2022. The pick that keeps on giving.

First few games most people were in a panic because the Fins looked shaky? Really? Young team, no real training camp or preseason. What did you expect?
This team is so young and has not been together but for a season-if that, they were bound to start out slow and rough.

Are they for real? Yes and no. Sometimes they will look good and then sometimes they will look bad, like all young teams do. When they learn the game and become consistent, they will be legit.

It appears Flores and the front office are all on the same page and they too will have some ups and downs. The Fins for the first time in YEARS appear to be going in the right direction. If Tua is the real deal, we are that much closer to being a real team, rather than a pretend team. In two or three years from now, anything is possible if they keep on a positive trajectory.

The announcers said something, which I think a lot of us knew already. That Flores was a scout and was planning on being a GM before getting into coaching I think this has helped us tremendously in finding talent that fits.

Most coaches can't do it and when they try to end up like Bill O'Brien.

Back
Top Bottom