Added sting to the Dillon trade... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Added sting to the Dillon trade...

fin-atic

Are you a VIP?
Club Member
Reaction score
I don;t know if this has been posted yet, but the 2nd round draft pick the Patsies traded for Dillon was the one they got from...MIAMI!

So in a sense, we bought Corey Dillon for them.

That really makes me want to hurl. :angry: :angry:

Hey we got Wade Smith, or was it Taylor Whitley. Come on people, we got an O-Lineman, a young O-Lineman, yes a young Lineman. And yet again, this draft will mostly likely be the same way, more young Lineman.

I am honestly glad that they got Dillion. I am not going to be the homer that sais he won't have sucsess in Boston. Much like Pats, Jets, and Bills fans trashed Ricky and Boston when we got them. The reason I am glad is it is going to let Bellicheck run the offense he feels more comfortable running witch would be run first and pass 2nd. They killed us with short passes, screen passes, and draws. This won't be their approach anymore. The Pats will be much more likely to try to run it down our throat. I have yet to see a team take that approach against our defense and be sucsessfull. Go thru the list of great back in the NFL, and look how little they did against our D. Holmes didn't hit 100 2 years ago, either did portis. Lewis didn't sniff 100 against us last year. I think James has 1 hundered yard game against us ever. I don't remember Martin hitting 100 in the past 3 years against us. I could go on and on with this list.

The only thing I don't like about this trade is now the Pats don't have to waste a 1st round pick on the garbage that is out there at RB this year,

Boston for a 2005 6th & Fletcher > Dillon for a 2003 2nd :woot:

I think this could affect Miami in more than one way in that a team willing to trade up with a team such as Miami might be able to do it with NE at a cheaper price because the Patsies dont need to draft Jackson/Jones with that pick.

It doesn't matter what back they have we still got our hardcore defense to stop any RB they got...believe that...our run D as long as our pass D will be even more ferocious than last years.

he is a loser, only cares about himself, they were a overrated team that was very lucky on many occasions and that wont be the case this year, they will lose alot of the close games this year and be like 9-7 or something, ty law is getting locked up, they have no defensive line to speak off and their linebackers like ours are getting old

Bonedoc7777 said:
they were a overrated team that was very lucky on many occasions and that wont be the case this year, they will lose alot of the close games this year and be like 9-7 or something, ty law is getting locked up, they have no defensive line to speak off and their linebackers like ours are getting old

This might be the most ignorant post I've ever read. I'm not saying they're the greatest team ever, but to go 14-2, win a superbowl, and win 15 consecutive games is a pretty respectable achievement.

I hate to do this but I agree with Ty Law for president. He is correct, and not only that they are getting a stellar stud RB and their biggest offseason acquisition in Rosie Colvin back.

tylaw4president said:
This might be the most ignorant post I've ever read. I'm not saying they're the greatest team ever, but to go 14-2, win a superbowl, and win 15 consecutive games is a pretty respectable achievement.

... the Pats last year were without a doubt one of the luckiest teams I can ever remember. They won 5-6 games that they could have easily lost. Granted GOOD teams win games like that, however it's how they won those games that IMO puts a taint on their title last year. After saying all that, I have no doubt Dillion will workout for them, I think a change of teams will help him just like it helped our Ricky.

Oliver...

Well, I've never liked the idea of trading a 2nd just to take a player in round 3 now. Is not all bad tho cos we got Smith and he's the starting LT but now is time for him to show that he was worth that 2nd round pick.I still wanna know why couldn't we wait to get Smith at our original 3rd round pick. Was there a team that wanted him and was drafting in front of us?

Ozzy rules!!

Phinsdude said:
Hey we got Wade Smith, or was it Taylor Whitley. Come on people, we got an O-Lineman, a young O-Lineman, yes a young Lineman. And yet again, this draft will mostly likely be the same way, more young Lineman.

Hopefully this year's linemen won't be as raw as Wade Smith or as much of a bust as Taylor Whitley.

Back
Top Bottom