Added sting to the Dillon trade... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Added sting to the Dillon trade...

Muck said:
Cmon now. Sam Madison is a little bit better in man coverage than Brock Marion (although when a WR gets 9 full seconds to run before the ball hits his hands, it's pretty darn tough anyway).

Seriously guys, the difference between NE and Miami last year was at QB and OL. We were not outcoached. Our defense played extremely well. We just didn't have great blocking or QB play. And yet we still had chances to win both games.

I respect the hell out of New England. But they are not light years ahead of us.

I think the main differince is coaching. Everyone thinks its luck that the Pats beet us twice mainly because Mare couldn't hit makeable FGs, or luck that Indy didn't score with 1st and goal to go, or luck that they won the their second Super Bowl with no time on the clock. It isn't! Sure they get their share of luck, and champion needs it, but their biggest advantage is that their coach has them beleaving that they will never lose. Their players never give up, and always step up when they need a play. You could chalk up the first one to luck if they would have sucked the following 2 years, but that isn't the case. They were probably more unlucky then lucky last year. Remember they had about 6 defenders start off the season injured. 2 o-lineman went down as well. They are the best at being a team. You could argue that at every postion we are better than them, well not QB, but that doesn't matter. From their special team coach to their 3rd string DT they all work great as a team. Our coaching staff can't get the same from its players...bottom line.

Prime Time said:
I hate to do this but I agree with Ty Law for president. He is correct, and not only that they are getting a stellar stud RB and their biggest offseason acquisition in Rosie Colvin back.

I guess the rest of the league should just pack it in now before the Pats destroy everyone this season. Maybe they'll go 19-0 and win every game by 20 points. They're good..but I'm not ready to crown them as 3-time champs just yet. They are human..they can be beat. For all we know..Carolina came up with the blueprint for exposing the N.E. defense in the SB and everyone will use it and the Pats will lose 7 or 8 games..you never know.

I agree that they are extremely well coached and mentally tough. But I think that at the end of the day, it all comes down to talent. Bill Parcells is still one of the best coaches of all time. And our Wanny-coached Dolphins mopped the floor with his Cowboys at their house on 3.5 days rest.

The difference on that day was talent. Mario Edwards couldn't cover Chris Chambers. Our DL dominated their OL. And our bigger OL held up against their smallish DL.

Same goes for our games with the Patriots. Their front seven dominated our OL. And our QBs/WRs couldn't make plays on the road. At home, our QB played well enough to win. And on both occasions, coaching wasn't an issue. Our guys did a good job. The players just didn't get it done.

Pats fan.

This year is your chance. This is your time. Law will be traded. If you are going to make a move, it will be this year, or 5 yeas down the road.

Back
Top Bottom