Adding a threat to Drake | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adding a threat to Drake

This is an extremely deep RB class. I've actually seen Michel and Chubb mocked in the third round in quite a few mocks. We should be able to find a quality back in the third round or even the fourth. That should be the target. Stay far away from FA backs please. Find one in the draft.

Find a threat day 3 theres is precedent for finding solid quality HB's day 3 of the draft. Alfred Morris, Ahmad Bradshaw, Lamar Miller, Devonta Freeman, Tim Hightowe etc. HB is probably the position that has the most solid contributions in the later rounds compared to other positions imo.

What about the positions we already have a hole and need a starter?

How about a LBer? Seems we need a couple. What about a OG? C?

Seen those positions fail our team enough? I have.

Ideally, if we can go LB, DE, TE, RB, S in the first four rounds that would be great. The OL should be fine with a quality second tier free agent guard/center addition. Most of our line (especially Tunsil and Davis) should improve next season as they're young.

Tunsil's play progressed in the second half of the season, and went unnoticed for the most part.

What about the positions we already have a hole and need a starter?

How about a LBer? Seems we need a couple. What about a OG? C?

Seen those positions fail our team enough? I have.

I am fine with a LB, FS, G in round 1. DE should on that list because I don't know if any of those guys are going to be an every-down starter.

how is this a need? That means Miami failed with Branch and Harris
How many people do we need at DE?
Wake is at 9M
Branch $12M
Harris $7M

You want more here? Then fire Burke
Oh I see now. The FO made a big mistake paying big money to a very average DE and then drafted a project in the first round that had TWO sacks and 17 tackles for the whole year so because of that we can not draft a DE......LOL.......are you a comedian dude? Who cares how much they're paying those guys if they can't get the job done? Kiko's getting paid a lot of money so I guess we don't need any more LB's?
We have two Safeties making a lot of money so we should not draft a FS for the next 4 years?

We have 3 first round pick invested on the O-line so we should not bring anyone else in?

We have NO pass rush and need to take care of it. I'm not saying it has to be at 11 but we need a pass rushing DE

Ozzy rules!!

Oh I see now. The FO made a big mistake paying big money to a very average DE and then drafted a project in the first round that had TWO sacks and 17 tackles for the whole year so because of that we can not draft a DE......LOL.......are you a comedian dude? Who cares how much they're paying those guys if they can't get the job done? Kiko's getting paid a lot of money so I guess we don't need any more LB's?
We have two Safeties making a lot of money so we should not draft a FS for the next 4 years?

We have 3 first round pick invested on the O-line so we should not bring anyone else in?

We have NO pass rush and need to take care of it. I'm not saying it has to be at 11 but we need a pass rushing DE

Ozzy rules!!

Agreed we need a pass rushing DE! Even if Harris had 8 sacks last year, you can never have enough quality pass rushers. The Giants drafted Kiwanuka in the 1st rd of 2006 even though they had Strahan and Umenyiora and drafted Justin Tuck in the 3rd rd the following year. To beat great QB's you need a consistent pass rush.

Not exactly what the OP meant, but Drake's best supporting player would be a blocking and seam TE threat. If we can't make them respect the pass they will put more guys in the box.

Laremy Tunsil is a left tackle. Heck his initials are LT.

That said, he certainly didn't provide any real level of domination that was expected him and that he actually displayed his rookie year at LG. That said, I don't for a second worry about his physical talents as simply the effort and dedication that is needed to play the most fundamental driven position in the sport. Left tackle's need to be robotic in their consistency and technique......as do all OL but for obvious reason's it's most critical on the blindside.

In 2016 he had the benefit of extraordinary guidance from Brandon Albert and the fact that Mike Pouncey was on his other side for the first half the season didn't hurt either. Going into the season we we're debating whether or not LT was the most arguably the most talented player on our team along with only Suh who could rival that talent level.

What changed in 2017?.......well it's obvious. You would hope that Tunsil's effort level and dedication wouldn't change regardless of whether not you lost your franchise QB 4 weeks before the season started. It certainly did. I never thought at any point in the off season I would be looking back in disappointment on his sophomore season, especially since he was healthy for it.

Not having a QB worth protecting plays a part. A big part. Playing on a team in 2017 for a team that was essentially in a holding pattern until 2018 didn't help either.

If this FO deems that Orlando Brown Jr. possesses more talent and potential than Tunsil than I will be the first to tell you go ahead, pull the trigger and you could move Tunsil to LG. I just think a better natural combination would be Tunsil at LT and Q.Nelson at LG, assuming availability isn't a question as it's possible those 2 guys could go before we select although unlikely both are selected top 10.

I want to believe Tunsil is going to be the guy we expected because I am a Dolphins, I acknowledge that it's possible that might not happen. Devante Parker is in the same boat. At a certain point saying a guy was a 1st round pick no longer becomes a compliment.

But

No team can possibly improve more from 2017 to 2018 than we can, by adding one single player. Especially when that player is already property of the Dolphins.

CJ Anderson may be cut from Denver..I'm willing to bet a lot of money he's going to end up in Miami..He's Damian Williams but better at everything Damian Williams does..

depth at RB would be good in late rounds. Would not mind having a big, bruising RB to help get short yardage and wear down D over the course of the game. Grey at FB was intriguing as a short yardage runner.

Rashad Penny and Royce Freeman are good fits. Potentially with any of the picks in the 3rd and 4th rounds.

I understand the concern about Tunsil and , for that matter, Parker but I would give 90% of last season a mulligan for all the factors that made it such a forgettable season. I think Tannehill is going to bounce back in a big way and that means great numbers again for Stills and Parker. If the team wants to help Tunsil, the running game and probably save Tannehill from getting reinjured, draft Q. Nelson. I don't think the Cowboys have regretted taking Z. Martin, plug and Pro Bowl player. Nelson is a similar player, some scouts have him ahead of where Martin was at this stage.

Back
Top Bottom