Adding a threat to Drake

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Tannchise, Jan 11, 2018.

1. phinfan40353

phinfan40353 Scout Team

We've relied on this mentality for decades. It's time to step up and draft a stud G or C.

2. Russ57

Russ57 Well-Known Member

Drake was the best rb in the last few games of the season. This despite a qb nobody feared and an OL that you thinks sucks, not to mention the guy calling plays. So how did it happen? Maybe Gase, our OL, and Drake aren’t as bad as you think!

Personally I want to draft a rb similar to Drake, like Sony. Fast, low mileage, who can run, catch, and block. I don’t want the substitution to telegraph anything. Not at all in favor of a “short yardage back”.

Parcell’s would draft a mauler like Nelson. The game has changed as the Hurricanes showed.

What we need most is a SAM that can cover a TE. A WILL that can cover a slot WR/RB. And a complete TE, not seam threat only type.

The WILL could be addressed by a safety. Kiko isn’t going anywhere immediately.

Would love to swap our 11 for Cleveland’s 33 and 35. Give me Trumaine as a SAM and best TE and DE left with remaining second round picks (in no particular order). Ragnow in the third. Best RB in fourth, assuming we have to give other fourth round pick to Cleveland to get 33 and 35. Might be a smaller ball hawk FS left in the fifth.

It isn’t all doom and gloom fellas. Parker might come along with Tanny. Harris will get stronger. Carroo should develop. Tunsill will certainly get better. Keep the hope up gents.

3. spiketex

spiketex Kiko, El Bravo 47 - the yappy chihuahua Super Donator Donator

Yes - Michel might make round 3.

4. Dakar001

Dakar001 Active Member

Where do you get your information from? Laremy Tunsil was drafted out of college as a left Tackle period. He played Left guard as a rookie only because Miami had a proven veteran {Brandon Albert} playing Left Tackle. He was being groomed as Albert's replacement for the 2017 season. In the last few days I and others have noticed you tend to post some things that are clearly incorrect.

fin415 and Travis34 like this.
  5. Rolltide03

Rolltide03 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

Out of his *** I’m pretty sure

Travis34 likes this.
  6. jbyrd850

jbyrd850 Rookie

Drake is overrated. He should be our 3rd down back. We need a workhorse as our main back.

Drakes had like 10 good runs all year and people on here now think he's great. Kamara shvts all over drake, as do a bunch of other back in the league and in this coming draft.

Team needs to stop drafting scrubs like Harris, James, Parker and so on.

7. Rolltide03

Rolltide03 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

Just curious, but did you watch the last few games? He looked impressive in all aspects including getting the 3-4 yards that was there. Alright I’m done with this forum today, some of y’all some buffoons

8. EvilDylan

EvilDylan Banned Hammered Donator

Confirmation that you are totally out of touch with reality concerning the team.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  9. BSQ

BSQ Scout Team

Mark Walton played for the U of Miami and he is a future star if he can stay healthy. The Hurricanes were undefeated with Walton in the line up. When he went out they simply didn't have the same fire power and that's a big part of why the Canes lost their last 3 games. I'd like to see him on the Dolphins but if we draft Walton we would still need at least one bigger back, maybe in the 245 range for short yardage and goal line situations.

10. gregorygrant83

gregorygrant83 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

I would be ok with Walton as Miami's third back and agree they need to add a back to grind out yardage too. I don't know about being in the 245 pound range... you can count on one hand the number of decent backs in the league that are that big. I think 220/225 will be fine is paired with the right running style. Earlier I said Carlos Hyde and Walton would be a decent addition to the Dolphins roster, but Royce Freeman might be the best overall fit Consdering he could be available on day 3 of the draft.

11. Anvil35

Anvil35 Leave Users Titles Alone!! Finheaven VIP Donator

How can you say Harris failed? I think the he made more impactful plays as the season progressed. I bet you were not as good at your job the first year as you were the fifth. Depending upon a 3O+year old, approaching 40, at that athletic of a position, is crazy! I agree with Danny on DE being important, and it should be addressed early. I hope we get to pick from Nelson, Smith, James, and Fitzpatrick.

12. PHINANALYST

PHINANALYST Seasoned Veteran

If you can pick a Michel in the later rounds .... good speed and burst.

13. mrhankey81701

mrhankey81701 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

I expect Damien Williams to be retained. We probably will look for a value pick at RB starting in the 4th rounder or later.

14. j-off-her-doll

j-off-her-doll FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Looks like Scott is returning, but Penny is one of my favorites, and I agree that Day 3 is the place to look.

15. Austin Tatious

Austin Tatious Starter

I am thinking day 3 too. Love Michel but that's a pipe dream. Initially, I was coveting a bigger back for complementary pieces but really the critical point is that our pick needs to be a complete guy with good hands who can catch, is smart, and not mistake prone in pass pro, running routes, or fumbling. Adding some semblance of a smart player across all units would be nice.