Adding a threat to Drake | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adding a threat to Drake

If we can't cover a tight end, then we will continue to get picked apart by the good teams in the league. My first priority would go to drafting LBs that can make plays and then a DE.

I wouldn't mind Lagarrette Blount to pair with Drake. He's not too expensive.

I think Gase likes Running backs that are all-purpose and can
bring something in the receiving game.
in 9 seasons Blount is averaging 6 receptions a year

I don't think Gase would be interested in a one dimensional back

Someone like Jerick McKinnon or don't be surprised if Damien Williams gets re-signed
Gase seemed to really like him

Laremy Tunsil is a left tackle. Heck his initials are LT.

That said, he certainly didn't provide any real level of domination that was expected him and that he actually displayed his rookie year at LG. That said, I don't for a second worry about his physical talents as simply the effort and dedication that is needed to play the most fundamental driven position in the sport. Left tackle's need to be robotic in their consistency and technique......as do all OL but for obvious reason's it's most critical on the blindside.

In 2016 he had the benefit of extraordinary guidance from Brandon Albert and the fact that Mike Pouncey was on his other side for the first half the season didn't hurt either. Going into the season we we're debating whether or not LT was the most arguably the most talented player on our team along with only Suh who could rival that talent level.

What changed in 2017?.......well it's obvious. You would hope that Tunsil's effort level and dedication wouldn't change regardless of whether not you lost your franchise QB 4 weeks before the season started. It certainly did. I never thought at any point in the off season I would be looking back in disappointment on his sophomore season, especially since he was healthy for it.

Not having a QB worth protecting plays a part. A big part. Playing on a team in 2017 for a team that was essentially in a holding pattern until 2018 didn't help either.

If this FO deems that Orlando Brown Jr. possesses more talent and potential than Tunsil than I will be the first to tell you go ahead, pull the trigger and you could move Tunsil to LG. I just think a better natural combination would be Tunsil at LT and Q.Nelson at LG, assuming availability isn't a question as it's possible those 2 guys could go before we select although unlikely both are selected top 10.

I want to believe Tunsil is going to be the guy we expected because I am a Dolphins, I acknowledge that it's possible that might not happen. Devante Parker is in the same boat. At a certain point saying a guy was a 1st round pick no longer becomes a compliment.

But

No team can possibly improve more from 2017 to 2018 than we can, by adding one single player. Especially when that player is already property of the Dolphins.
Parker, Harris and Tunsil. Three reasons this team is mediocre. Not getting enough out of your 1st rd picks is a major issue

I think Gase likes Running backs that are all-purpose and can
bring something in the receiving game.
in 9 seasons Blount is averaging 6 receptions a year

I don't think Gase would be interested in a one dimensional back

Someone like Jerick McKinnon or don't be surprised if Damien Williams gets re-signed
Gase seemed to really like him
I agree and I think that's part of the reason why Gase traded Ajayi. He was not the receiver type of back that he wanted out there. I don't expect us to get a different type of back....I expect a similar type of back to Drake because Gase wants to be able to call all the plays with all his RB's

Ozzy rules!!

Parker, Harris and Tunsil. Three reasons this team is mediocre. Not getting enough out of your 1st rd picks is a major issue
I agree but you need to add James to that list. He's not exactly a play maker and has missed half the season twice in 4 years

Ozzy rules!!

I agree and I think that's part of the reason why Gase traded Ajayi. He was not the receiver type of back that he wanted out there. I don't expect us to get a different type of back....I expect a similar type of back to Drake because Gase wants to be able to call all the plays with all his RB's

Ozzy rules!!

The funny part about Ajayi was the #1 running back in college
in receptions and yards receiving...I thought what a dual threat
we were going to have...I couldn't have been more wrong

Funny you said that because I thought the same thing. I was like wow, I hope we draft this guy because he had like 500 yards receiving his last year in college? Then with us he was dropping every other pass

Ozzy rules!!

don't beat yourself up. Just like the real world in the work place, he wasn't a good fit

Year School Conf Class Pos G Att Yds Avg TD Rec Yds Avg TD Plays Yds Avg TD
Boise State MWC FR RB 11 82 548 6.7 4 1 14 14.0 0 83 562 6.8 4
*2013 Boise State MWC SO RB 13 249 1425 5.7 18 22 222 10.1 1 271 1647 6.1 19
*2014 Boise State MWC JR RB 14 347 1823 5.3 28 50 535 10.7 4 397 2358 5.9 32
Career Boise State

678 3796 5.6 50 73 771 10.6 5 751 4567 6.1 55

this were Ajayi's stats in college.....50 catches for 535 in his senior year then he couldn't catch a cold when he played for us

Ozzy rules!!

Year School Conf Class Pos G Att Yds Avg TD Rec Yds Avg TD Plays Yds Avg TD
Boise State MWC FR RB 11 82 548 6.7 4 1 14 14.0 0 83 562 6.8 4
*2013 Boise State MWC SO RB 13 249 1425 5.7 18 22 222 10.1 1 271 1647 6.1 19
*2014 Boise State MWC JR RB 14 347 1823 5.3 28 50 535 10.7 4 397 2358 5.9 32
Career Boise State

678 3796 5.6 50 73 771 10.6 5 751 4567 6.1 55

this were Ajayi's stats in college.....50 catches for 535 in his senior year then he couldn't catch a cold when he played for us

Ozzy rules!!
well maybe Miami saw something 31 other teams passed on. And that something turned out to be nothing

Nick Chubb or Sony Michel both from the Georgia Bulldogs would be excellent additions to the Dolphins. Don't spend big $ on a free agent RB - quality and value is there in the Draft.

Nick Chubb or Sony Michel both from the Georgia Bulldogs would be excellent additions to the Dolphins. Don't spend big $ on a free agent RB - quality and value is there in the Draft.
you think one drops to rd 2?

Back
Top Bottom