Adewale Ogunleye had NO LESS than FIVE SACKS tonight... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adewale Ogunleye had NO LESS than FIVE SACKS tonight...

ckparrothead

Premium Member
Reaction score
I just got back from the game folks. Overall it looks like we've got a lot to work on. I chalked up the 2nd half offensively because it was Zak Kustok running the show and I am convinced that the guy will probably never get a shot in the NFL ever again. He played the ENTIRE second half too...Lucas didn't play a snap.

Top ten things that impressed me...

1. The Scrub Defense. You know who I'm talkin bout, the late 3rd quarter, 4th quarter defense. All scrubs with the only guys set to make the team being Ernest Grant, Trent Gamble, and Scott McGarrahan and the latter two only make the team for their special teams prowess. Yet facing former starter Shaun King, former starter Joe Jurevicious, former starter for the Falcons Byron Hanspard, and highly touted pick Marquis Walker, these bunch of scrubs and training camp rejects held the Bucs to no points in the 2nd half of the game. It didn't look pretty, but they did the job. Still, none of them make the team LOL!

2. Ray Lucas definitely did better than normal though he still had those incredibly inaccurate passes goin his way.

3. Robert Baker...ALL OVER THE DAMNED place.

4. Jamie Nails. I saw him maul a DLman so badly, the guy got hurt. This guy's got TEETH dude.

5. James McKnight. Notta nutta drop for McDrops tonight. Made some decent hard catches, came down with them, and got open. Dedric who? Pffffft.

6. Randy McMichael. YOU know the play I'm talkin bout. I wanted to see this guy make a play in adverse conditions and he did. Guy got nailed mid-air flipped upside down, flipped and came down with the ball still in his hands, popped back up, and gave a little behind shake shimmy for the crowd just to show he was lovin it.

7. Leonard Henry. Good hard running, consistent...against scrubs though (d'oh!)

8. Dixon did ok, as did Ruddy.

9. Rob Konrad...no lapses in concentration, became the good FB outlet that Norv envisions.

10. LAST BUT IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM LEAST, ADEWALE OGUNLEYE. You know what you say against second teamers and I say I don't give a rats @ss. This guy came down with NO LESS than 5 sacks tonight. I don't know what they are "officially" going to credit him with, if they even "officially" credit ANYONE with ANYTHING during preseason, but the man had no less than 5 sacks. 3 of them were legitimate sacks on pass plays, and two of them were a matter of him catching a scrambling quarterback behind the line of scrimmage which still counts as a sack in my book. THINK ABOUT THIS. FIVE SACKS IN ONE GAME. Thats hella nasty dude. He was all around the ball, good hustle, patient, shedding his blockers and making the play. Impressed the DAMN heck out of me.

Now for the ugly stuff...Top Ten Worst Observations.

1. Brent Smith getting whipped and abused by any player they through in at RDE. Seriously the QB was under fire a LOT tonight, sacks or no, and it was coming from Brent Smith. I sat there and watched him in real life just get outright BEATEN.

2. Special teams. NOT SHARP AS USUAL (though McGarrahan put a NICE hit on one guy). Not good returning, miscue on the first special teams play of the game leading to a TD.

3. Travis Minor. WHATS UP DUDE? This was his chance to show me somethin special. I was lookin for him. McMichael makes a great play to get us to the 1 yard line, and Minor hands it to the Bucs. GREAT GOIN.

4. Ricky Williams. To tell you the truth, bein at the game and watchin him....I really don't think he was trying. He seemed to be very nonchalant and running half-@ssed. It was obvious that some guys in the game were trying and some were not. The ones that were not felt they didn't need to, and the ones that were trying (McKnight) felt they had somethin to prove.

5. PENALTIES. You can tell its early in the preseason and these guys are not use to all the shifting that Norv Turner has them do. What was it, 3 illegal shifts, 2 false starts, etc?

6. Zak Kustok. Ok the guy shouldn't even be here but I already knew that. His wobbly ducks and interceptions...the man shouldn't be in a Phins uni thats all I know. He shouldn't have played the whole 2nd half I'd just let Levcik play the 2nd halfs from here on out.

7. Alonzo Mayes. He came in against total scrubs and should have dominated them according to the loads of "talent" he supposedly has. He didn't. He sucked. And he dropped an easy one.

8. Team Tackling. Nobody could tackle the whole game.

9. Justin Seaverns. He had some good and bad. He seemed to be around the ball a lot, Zach style, but then he'd just miss these tackles real easily...missed reads and didn't find the RB.

10. LAST BUT MOST DEFINITELY NOT LEAST...the RUN DEFENSE. Good god what are we a bunch of high school players out there? No tackling, people rushing upfield and being TOTALLY undisciplined in their lanes...making Michael Pittman, Travis Stephens, and Aaron Stecker look like Warrick Dunn, Charlie Garner, and Tiki Barber out there.

Thats my QUICK 20 right there. I had a good time with my friends. The Bucs fans were a lot tamer than I thought they'd be we trampled all over them and basically pretended we were on our own home turf in terms of booing the Bucs and rooting for the Phins and stuff.

Henry didn't look good. He had 12 carries for 16 yards!

Actually Ogunleye had 4 sacks.

I disagree about Minor. Yea he fumbled, but he had some nice runs, gaining 4 or 5 yards a pop. The fumble was an abberation, and he will be sure to secure the ball a lot better next time.

I think Smith did ok, and you need to take a long hard look at Wade...yikes.

No, Wallay had 5 sacks. I'm positive of it. I don't know or care what the "official" account says. Me and my friends were keeping tabs on him and we counted ALL FIVE of the sacks. I think the official stats might be calling one of his sacks a "stuff" or something.

I thought Henry looked a lot more solid than the stats showed. He had negative yardage on a few plays that weren't his fault IMO. He had some hard running up in there I think. I'm not sayin starter quality or nothin, but it was hard-nose stuff.

I don't care what else Minor did. He wasn't converting short 1st downs, and he didn't break any kind of big runs, and he put the ball on the ground in a GOAL LINE situation that would have TIED the game at 14-14 just before halftime. That gets you an F no matter how "nice" his production looked. It might be different if he balanced that with a TD, or made some big runs...but he did not. F minus.

And Brent was getting abused. I was keeping tabs on it. He was having some serious trouble out there.

You sure you guys didn't count the fifth one as him getting the QB after he sprinted over the LOS? Final count on him was 4 tackles/4 sacks. Either way he put in a helluva game.

A play that stuck out in my mind was, I believe, when our QB went on the run. Anyway, it doesn't matter WHAT the play was. Mayes had a chance to completely FLATTEN a defender. But he just sort of half-ass pushed him.

To me, that was Mayes in a microcosm.

hmmmm

I'd like to see OGUN get some snaps with the first D on passing downs ........

Originally posted by VanDolPhan
You sure you guys didn't count the fifth one as him getting the QB after he sprinted over the LOS? Final count on him was 4 tackles/4 sacks. Either way he put in a helluva game.

He had 4, look at the game again. i wish he did have 5 though

CK, you really need to back off Minor. Other than the one miscue, the guy looked very impressive out there in the first half against a quality TB team. Perhaps your seats sucked and you just couldn't get a good look but Minor took care of business out there even though he didn't set the world on fire with any break-away runs.

As far as Henry goes; I'm not sure 16 yards on 12 carries counts as "Good hard running, consistent." That's an average of just over- and by just I mean barely over- one yard per carry! IMO he looked terrible and I would be deeply concerned, at this point, if he were to somehow wind up starting for us.

i missed the game!!!! Damn vcr didnt work, and i had to be at work:(

Don't sweat it Stan

Sunshine Network will re televise it this Sunday at 3:30pm.

Originally posted by Expo88

As far as Henry goes; I'm not sure 16 yards on 12 carries counts as "Good hard running, consistent." That's an average of just over- and by just I mean barely over- one yard per carry! IMO he looked terrible and I would be deeply concerned, at this point, if he were to somehow wind up starting for us.

I thought Henry looked bad myself....It looked to me like a smaller version of LS....find the center of the pile and jump in it.
I thought he could have broken a few runs to the outside....not even "outside" really, just a shuffle left or right could have gotten him in the clear on some plays. Maybe he was just doing what he was told(if the play is called to run between the tackles, then run between the tackles) but it didn't look to me like he had any vision whatsoever.

Originally posted by inFINSible

I thought Henry looked bad myself....It looked to me like a smaller version of LS....find the center of the pile and jump in it.
I thought he could have broken a few runs to the outside....not even "outside" really, just a shuffle left or right could have gotten him in the clear on some plays. Maybe he was just doing what he was told(if the play is called to run between the tackles, then run between the tackles) but it didn't look to me like he had any vision whatsoever.

Clearly need to watch the tape again and watch the offensive line he was running beind..I was impressed how hard he was hitting the wall of defenders and actually getting some yards out of nothing.Alot times he already had a defenders in his face before reaching scrimage line.Minor actually got some holes open by the 2nd unit offensie line that looked better than the first unit....Third unit was horrible at run blocking .............

Back
Top Bottom