Adios Burke | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adios Burke

It’s tough. He’s getting nothing from the des we got guys blowing assignments all over the place and the mike lb play is no where near consistent enough

Top things of what I see:
- TJ is horrendous as last-line of defense. Should never be the FS equivalent, and essentially should only play in big dime packages. If you look at the huge gains given up over the past 3-4 weeks, how many can be assigned to TJ being the last line of defense/deep cover? I would guess 30-40%
- after a fast start, Wake and Quinn are not getting pressure anymore. When they get close they cannot finish. Could be a fluke, but could also be father time ticking...

On Burke:
- giving TJ any sort of deep coverage/FS responsibility is asinine, given that it's a weakness we've seen since preseason. Even reshad has his moments with horrible angles, affects not only the deep bombs but also the 30+ yard runs that should be 15-yard runs. Even worse when we have Minkah sitting on the bench.
- not blitzing when no pressure is there is a coaching decision

PS - wide-9 scheme: I don't know enough to judge if this is a major culprit

Times like this I miss Sons of Shula and his Wide 9 opinions. Burke and his defense are a hot mess right now and this **** needs to get fixed in a hurry!

Top things of what I see:
- TJ is horrendous as last-line of defense. Should never be the FS equivalent, and essentially should only play in big dime packages. If you look at the huge gains given up over the past 3-4 weeks, how many can be assigned to TJ being the last line of defense/deep cover? I would guess 30-40%
- after a fast start, Wake and Quinn are not getting pressure anymore. When they get close they cannot finish. Could be a fluke, but could also be father time ticking...

On Burke:
- giving TJ any sort of deep coverage/FS responsibility is asinine, given that it's a weakness we've seen since preseason. Even reshad has his moments with horrible angles, affects not only the deep bombs but also the 30+ yard runs that should be 15-yard runs. Even worse when we have Minkah sitting on the bench.
- not blitzing when no pressure is there is a coaching decision

PS - wide-9 scheme: I don't know enough to judge if this is a major culprit

I quite watching halfway through 3Q, but I didn't see much wide 9 and, to be fair to the wide 9, the D sucked regardless of formation.

Back
Top Bottom