Adios Burke | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adios Burke

We gave Burke a 10 point lead heading into the forth quarter. It's his job to protect that lead. He failed, he never should have been hired. To balance our rookie coach we needed a veteran DC, a guy who's been there and done it at a high level for a long time. Now, both rookie coaches are looking pretty bad. We played pretty well and certainly good enough to come away with a victory. Didn't we all know deep down that we'd lose in the end, I sure did.

BTW, why was our last possession started at the 5 yard line. I think it was Ballage, who never should have tried to run it out, who only got to the 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then the flag that has to come on every KO or punt and we end up at the 5. The biggest possession of the season and we screw it up before we start. Now we need 95 yards and the pressure is ramped up. This is the exact situation where Tannehill crumbles almost every time. Gase should have a least tried a pass, he honestly thought a run by Drake had a better chance than letting Tannehill get blitzed and try to make a play. HOW CAN MARINO WATCH THIS AND NOT GO NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!! Our Coach is playing scared. That's bull crap.

The 3rd and 8 was the biggest play of the game but how can Gase fire Burke when he set up his offense with 3 TO's and got 0 points off of them (that I can remember). Complimentary football doesn't exist here.

Reactions: BSQ
I really don't feel bad if Gase gets fired for retaining Bruke as the DC. If he can't see Bruke isn't adequate as a DC then I don't know what to say other than Gase and Bruke deserve their fates.

DolganISS, that's a great point that isn't getting enough play. The D did get the O 3 picks and the O of course failed.

Back
Top Bottom