Adios Burke | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adios Burke

I would normally agree that it would be insane to tell Gase "well, fire the DC you picked and you're fine." Because he picked the DC. But apparently, according to the 3YPC podcast, Gase was told that he couldn't go get the DC he wanted, and Ross instead told him to find a cheap in-house option.

Quite frankly, if that is the case, then Burke will not be a fall guy and I can get behind Gase firing this clown and bringing in a real DC. I'm sorry, but when ownership is going to spend hundreds of millions of dollars to lure a Super Bowl to town, but won't spend a couple million on a good DC, what is even going on here? You want to bring a Super Bowl here so everyone can jerk off over how cool you are, but you don't care if the football team that you own actually wins games? Really? Really? REALLY?

You were willing to give Jeff Fisher the helicopter tour, but when Adam Gase wanted to go spend money to lure Vic Fangio from Chicago you told him to hire Gorilla Man? I'm losing it over here. I'm losing it.

Gonna go all conspiracy theorist here, and trust me, I dont believe half the **** I say half of the time either, but just throwing this out there.....

What if it wasnt ROSS per se, but it was the NFL. Maybe the NFL has the Bears slated for a rebuild this season as one of their "featured, darling" teams...

NFL tells Ross, "No, Fangio is going to the Bears. Go find someone else."

Ross Tells Gase: "No, go find someone else."

Gase tells himself" "WTF?!"

This story is at the very least, alot more amusing than the possible reality that Ross said "I'm not spending more money on coaching. Dance with who you brought."

I just dont understand why Ross would tell Gase no. It cant be money, can it?

Ross cant think he knows better than Gase when it comes down to coaching this team, can it?

Does Ross or Tannenbaum have prior beef with Fangio?

Something certainly smells rotten in the state of Denmark.

I would normally agree that it would be insane to tell Gase "well, fire the DC you picked and you're fine." Because he picked the DC. But apparently, according to the 3YPC podcast, Gase was told that he couldn't go get the DC he wanted, and Ross instead told him to find a cheap in-house option.

Quite frankly, if that is the case, then Burke will not be a fall guy and I can get behind Gase firing this clown and bringing in a real DC. I'm sorry, but when ownership is going to spend hundreds of millions of dollars to lure a Super Bowl to town, but won't spend a couple million on a good DC, what is even going on here? You want to bring a Super Bowl here so everyone can jerk off over how cool you are, but you don't care if the football team that you own actually wins games? Really? Really? REALLY?

You were willing to give Jeff Fisher the helicopter tour, but when Adam Gase wanted to go spend money to lure Vic Fangio from Chicago you told him to hire Gorilla Man? I'm losing it over here. I'm losing it.

You said a mouth full, Wanny. Hit the nail on the head. What is even going on here? It seems very irrational. Is this Tannenbaum's doing? How is it that Vance Joseph departs after one season and Gase is told to stick with who he brought? Who he brought just got a very coveted promotion, so what do now? I was surprised when Gase didn't appear to put much effort into selecting his new DC, instead taking the recommendation of Burke.

Whatever explanation there could be for it, it's not good. Either the league is playing games somehow, Ross is playing games somehow, or Gase is making bad decisions. Anyway it's sliced, it's not a good look.

i just a read a post yesterday by Mr Apology that Ross is the richest of the rich. worth 8 billion but wants to go cheap on the coaches LOL
yeah right talk about a plant of a story. what exactly is Gase responsible for?

I don't think there is any conspiracy theory. A couple of things about extremely wealthy people:

1. Their wealth is usually tied up in a lot of different things, and depending on what's going on with their portfolio, cash flow can be tight at times. Yes, even for billionaires.

2. People who get to be that wealthy are always thinking about money, and making more money, and spending less money. That's just how they're wired.

I don't think there is any grand conspiracy here. I think that if this report is true (and I always take such things with a grain of salt), then it simply comes down to the fact that Steve Ross felt like he got ripped off by Vance Joseph's one and done and decided he didn't want to get ripped off twice in a row. Quite frankly, this is incredibly stupid for a lot of reasons, but here we are.

i just a read a post yesterday by Mr Apology that Ross is the richest of the rich. worth 8 billion but wants to go cheap on the coaches LOL
yeah right talk about a plant of a story. what exactly is Gase responsible for?

It's time to stop posting.

who should we fire for the offense.

its Ross who didnt want to shell out an extra hundred grand LOL what a ridiculous line of talk.

ps wayne had enough coin to lend ross the money for ross to buy waynes team he didnt have to sell any buildings etc.

I don't think there is any conspiracy theory. A couple of things about extremely wealthy people:

1. Their wealth is usually tied up in a lot of different things, and depending on what's going on with their portfolio, cash flow can be tight at times. Yes, even for billionaires.

2. People who get to be that wealthy are always thinking about money, and making more money, and spending less money. That's just how they're wired.

I don't think there is any grand conspiracy here. I think that if this report is true (and I always take such things with a grain of salt), then it simply comes down to the fact that Steve Ross felt like he got ripped off by Vance Joseph's one and done and decided he didn't want to get ripped off twice in a row. Quite frankly, this is incredibly stupid for a lot of reasons, but here we are.

It's time to stop posting.

I get that line of thought, but Ross needs to realize that this is what he signed up for when he bought this team. If this is true, and following the revelation that Ross wanted a trade back in the first round to save money, I absolutely believe that it is, it’s time to consider the fact that Ross himself is going to be the largest impediment to a winning organization.

We have a good coach who it sounds like is being hamstrung between an idiot owner and an incompetent team President. That won’t last much longer between result-driven fans demanding a coaching change or the coach himself leaving before his career is completely ruined. Good luck attracting a top tier coach with the knowledge that ownership won’t pay top dollar for the better assistant and will pressure you to trade down to safe a little cash. And definitely good luck attracting free agents.

It’s time to come to terms with the reality that the cause of the constant drama and circus in this organization is Ross himself.

Teams are giving up more point than our defense.our real problem is we cannot score point. To help defense out when they are struggling again good offense

The entire coaching staff is a question mark. Burke has been mostly awful this year, but you've got to factor in the lack of talent in the front seven. Does Miami have one player on that front seven that would keep an opposing offensive coordinator up at night? Defenses around the entire league look pretty bad. Even Jacksonville has taken a huge step down. It's almost like the defense doesn't exist in most games, except for a play here and there. That's what you get now.

I hated Burke last year until he put together an absolutely brilliant plan against New England in the game that X. Howard had two key interceptions. Overall, I think I'd like to see a different DC, someone with experience and a proven track record. I think that would really help Gase out since he doesn't seem to want to spend much time with the defense. Ditch the wide 9, get more physical defensive ends and then who knows maybe it will be a competitive defense.

Lol people think he’s got a Scrooge McDuck-eque water tower full of gold coins. The rich don’t get that way by keeping liquid funds available, it grows through diversified investments and funding projects with possibly 5-10 year profit plans.

Lol people think he’s got a Scrooge McDuck-eque water tower full of gold coins. The rich don’t get that way by keeping liquid funds available, it grows through diversified investments and funding projects with possibly 5-10 year profit plans.

if you have cash flow problems chances are you are not a billionaire. I mean FFS.

If I have a couple of hundred grand lying around then that must mean Im broke.

Last edited:

After reading that, it really actually sounds like Ross is like any one of us. Fitzpatrick was a good selection, sure, but it really sounded like Ross implored our front office goonies to think about trading down to acquire more picks and spread the money around for more talent versus paying more on one player.

Honestly, he's not wrong. This team has more holes to fill. How ironic would it be if Ross has been asking for basically all the same things we've all been asking for?

As far as the meddling goes... it would be nothing new. The Dolphins have meddled with and constrained every coach since Dave Wannstedt. It's bad enough this team screwed up Nick Saban, vetoed his QB choice, and left him no other choice but to leave... To look at where we've been post-Saban is enough to drive fans away from the NFL permanently.

Back
Top Bottom