Adios Burke | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adios Burke

You can change the scheme or dc all you want. Our mike play is still gonna be poor with Raekwon.

I’m not sure how much more you can try to hide him schematically. He either has to play better or he has to go.

Assuming Gase is back next year and Vance Joseph is fired from Denver, would you consider bringing him back as Defensive Coordinator?

Assuming Gase is back next year and Vance Joseph is fired from Denver, would you consider bringing him back as Defensive Coordinator?

I would not but I think gase will. Our bait disguise was better with Joseph.

When your O goes 3 and out 9 out of 10 tries, fails to either score TD's to inspire the D, or run enough clock to rest the D, the best D in the league can not succeed. That's with an under manned D like Burke is responsible for or the Ram's D. IMHO Shoot the messenger, so to speak. We knew coming into the season that our chances of winning greatly improved when we played with a lead. We failed miserably on that all year. We need more "Jimmy's and Joe's".

Nailed it. If 1-3 players are failing, it's on the players. If 8-10 players are failing, it's the DC

This is part of the big problem with "new" HC. Solemn are they able to recruit top talented assistant coaches to join their staff.
McVay got lucky with the Rams and my understanding is he had to beg Wade Philips out of retirement.
So new HC to the league generally means the best they can do is 1st-time assistant coaches.

When you think about it then it absolutely makes sense why so many teams struggle early on with that formula. Essentially, everyone is learning on the job.

Don't like the coach, scheme, or personnel. Blow the defense up. I'd only keep Fitzpatrick, Howard, McCain, Taylor, Godchaux, and Baker. Everyone else should be upgraded or at least be given competition.

Just like that huh? Just blow it up and insert better players, coaches, front office etc? Easy as 1,2,3!

Some of the posters kill me on the board.

Last year the defense was bad. Now this year we have 5 new starters and the defense is still horrible.
Quinn, Spence, RM, Baker and Minkak are all new starters but nothing has changed.
We can't stop the run and the QB has all day to throw to receivers that are open by at least 10 yards.
Burke needs to go but the players are pretty bad too.
We miss way too many tackles. That's on the players. Our defense is getting pushed around in almost every game.
But watch us win 2 or 3 more games so that we'll draft middle of the packs once again.

The results are poor (horrible is an exaggeration). The first and most significant issue is McMillian. He is frequently out of his gap, and it is too easy to game plan to take advantage. Burke just does not have an answer.

What I would love to see is a 4-2 look with Kiko and Baker, Fitz at FS, Jones and TJ as a double SS, and the two corners. It is still strong versus the run, and it utilizes the strengths of the players.

Calling someone a fall guy is suggesting they are a scapegoat. He’s no scapegoat, he’s part of the real problem.
It’s a poorly coached team.
As an NFL season progresses there is more film available to scout teams. Therefore, the better coaching staffs are able to prepare better and they improve as the season progresses (Pats are a prime example). The Pats started 1-2 and have a slow LB corp, but can gameplan to minimize their limitations. Against the Phins, they looked like they knew the playbook.
Poorly coached teams are just the opposite. They get outschemed and as a result the players look lost and confused (dolphin defense in all the losses) and they get worse as the season progresses.
There is no hope for this season and they need to jettison the FO and coaching staff.
They have a good young core of players. They need good coaching and an above average QB if they want to compete.
Boy has this season started circling the drain fast. Not even November yet.
Well said

Just like that huh? Just blow it up and insert better players, coaches, front office etc? Easy as 1,2,3!

Some of the posters kill me on the board.

Reading comprehension is what kills you.

Where did I say that all of this would be expected in a single off-season? And where did I insinuate that anything would be easy? All I said was that we obviously need to rebuild.

Last edited:
He'll be the first Fall Guy

I would normally agree that it would be insane to tell Gase "well, fire the DC you picked and you're fine." Because he picked the DC. But apparently, according to the 3YPC podcast, Gase was told that he couldn't go get the DC he wanted, and Ross instead told him to find a cheap in-house option.

Quite frankly, if that is the case, then Burke will not be a fall guy and I can get behind Gase firing this clown and bringing in a real DC. I'm sorry, but when ownership is going to spend hundreds of millions of dollars to lure a Super Bowl to town, but won't spend a couple million on a good DC, what is even going on here? You want to bring a Super Bowl here so everyone can jerk off over how cool you are, but you don't care if the football team that you own actually wins games? Really? Really? REALLY?

You were willing to give Jeff Fisher the helicopter tour, but when Adam Gase wanted to go spend money to lure Vic Fangio from Chicago you told him to hire Gorilla Man? I'm losing it over here. I'm losing it.

No, he was awful, amazed he even got a HC job, not surprised he's not doing very well, actually I take that back, surprised he's doing as well as he is !

Back
Top Bottom