Adrian Peterson reportedly indicted for child abuse | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adrian Peterson reportedly indicted for child abuse

Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer 35s
With indictment Peterson will have to turn himself in and thus his status for this weekend is now unclear

---------- Post added at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

Wasn't this the guy who had his child beaten by his ex's boyfriend?

Yes

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 PM ----------

Fox 26 in Houston reports that Peterson was indicted in Montgomery County for reckless or negligent injury to a child.

Peterson’s Houston-based lawyer, Rusty Hardin, declined to comment when contacted by FOX 26.

Peterson missed practice on Thursday and the Vikings did not explain why, although they did say he was not injured.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...with-reckless-or-negligent-injury-to-a-child/

Ian Rapoport reports the charges Vikings RB Adrian Peterson is facing stem from him disciplining his son with a switch.
Rapoport adds that the investigation has been going on for some time now and Peterson testified for a grand jury weeks ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Peterson posted this about an hour ago

BxWzT5mCMAAf8cm-1.jpg

When is the 30 for 30 episode for this weeks NFL stories?

I just saw the Rappaport tweet. What the hell does that mean? Discipline with a switch?

Im wondering the same thing. Maybe a paddle or something? But no way they indict the dude for child abuse for a little spanking.

Im wondering the same thing. Maybe a paddle or something? But no way they indict the dude for child abuse for a little spanking.

Quick Google search of "Child abuse switch" produced this:

A switch is a flexible rod which is typically used for corporal punishment, similar to birching.

Making a switch involves cutting it from the stem and removing twigs or directly attached leaves. For optimal flexibility, it is cut fresh shortly before use, rather than keeping it for re-use over time. Some parents decide to make the cutting of a switch an additional form of punishment for a child, by requiring the disobedient child to cut his/her own switch.

The practice of switching is banned in the United States School System in 29 states and no longer occurs in public settings.[2] In 21 states, including Mississippi and Texas, corporal punishment is still practiced in schools.[3] Many adults from rural areas still vividly recall being switched as children.[4]

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Switch_(corporal_punishment)

I just saw the Rappaport tweet. What the hell does that mean? Discipline with a switch?

You used to be sent out back to pick your switch. If the branch wasn't big enough you were send back out to pick another one. If the branch wasn't green enough back out you went. I think the pains of picking out the switch used to be a bigger punishment than getting hit with it.

In other news, George Zimmerman threatened to kill someone today in a road rage incident.

Oh, come on Daytona. Why did you have to open up THAT can of worms?

Also, take note of what I found on Wiki. It says in Wiki that using a switch is still used in SCHOOLS in Texas. Which is where Peterson is being indicted. They must have found the one liberal area of Texas that considers it wrong I guess.

Chris Tomasson ‏@christomasson 1m
TMZ reports Child Protective Services confirms they are working on a case involving Adrian Peterson and says the alleged victim is boy, 11.

Oh, come on Daytona. Why did you have to open up THAT can of worms?

Also, take note of what I found on Wiki. It says in Wiki that using a switch is still used in SCHOOLS in Texas. Which is where Peterson is being indicted. They must have found the one liberal area of Texas that considers it wrong I guess.

He had to have left some wounds to be indicted a month later. Probably just the way Peterson was brought up. I got the wooden paddle by the principal in 2nd and 3rd grade, still remember it this day, times have changed, Peterson knows better.

Wasn't trying to derail the thread with the Zimmerman story, it's just one crazy story after the next lately.

Back
Top Bottom