Adrian Peterson reportedly indicted for child abuse | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adrian Peterson reportedly indicted for child abuse

The latest incident allegedly occurred last June, while the boy, who lives out of state, was visiting Peterson at his gated home in The Woodlands. A photo, allegedly texted by Peterson to the boy's mother, shows a head wound to the boy covered by two bandages. Other photos, allegedly taken weeks later, reveal a scar over his right eye.

The text messages also describe an exchange about what happened. They contain numerous misspellings and shorthand:

Mother: "What happened to his head?"

Peterson: "Hit his head on the Carseat."

Mother: "How does that happen, he got a whoopin in the car."

Peterson: "Yep."

Mother: "Why?"

Peterson: "I felt so bad. But he did it his self."

The text messages go on to show Peterson saying he was disciplining his son for cussing to a sibling.

"It's absolutely criminal," said Randy Burton, a former chief prosecutor of family crimes in Harris County, and founder of the advocacy group Justice for Children.

"You break the skin, you have bleeding, much less permanent scars, that is a crime," Burton said.

But no charges were ever filed. Sources confirm the mother filed a report with Child Protective Services, but the outcome of any CPS investigation is unclear.

So is the method of the delivering the wound, according to the text messages.

Mother: "What did you hit him with?"

Peter never directly answered, but later replied: "Be still n take ya whooping he would have saved the scare (scar). He aight (all right)"

"This is very damaging information," Burton said.

Damaging, Burton said, because prosecutors in Montgomery County can use it as evidence in the felony case against Peterson.

"To prove intent, that it was not an accident, and to show that it was a course of conduct," Burton said.

"It wasn't a one-off," he said.

A spokesperson for Peterson's attorney said the law office of Rusty Hardin and Associates had no comment.
http://www.khou.com/story/news/inve...r-son-while-disciplining-4-year-old/15693941/

[tweet]511644523861004288[/tweet]

Sigh. I guess it shouldn't be a surprise at this point. If he is right is his mind there's no reason he would show preferential treatment with one over the other(s).

LOL , One of the Vikings fan forums has shut down

Shut down

Vikings Message Board has been shut down permanently. It will not return. There are two primary reasons.
1. The Vikings cowardly decision to reinstate a child abuser and think that an apology will make this blow over. We will not stand for this arrogance and we will no longer be the home of any support of the Vikings. We stand for those who cannot defend themselves.
2. We will not give a voice to thugs who think child abuse is "cultural" or worse, openly advocate child abuse as a reasonable method of punishment. This ends here. Yes, a few board members have ruined it for everyone. Congratulations, assholes.
http://vikingsmessageboard.com/

LOL , One of the Vikings fan forums has shut down

http://vikingsmessageboard.com/

applauseo-1.gif

Thats fantastic, i love it. 10 to 1 it returns, but i applaud the stance.

Good, I hope the FH admins have the balls to do the same if it comes out a current player has been beating his kids.

Yeah, um ...

If it comes out that Stephen Ross has been feeding orphaned Afghani toddlers to crocodiles - we're still not going anywhere. :idk:

I just can't get behind this "Crucify the NFL" movement. I believe in due process, and as much as it may feel "right" to respond immediately to what we perceive are egregious acts, these are real people, with real problems, in real situations and we need to hear them out before we bring the hammer down.

Last year I was outraged when I first heard Incognito's tweets about Martin's mother and sister - said he was a bully and a thug and called for his head (just like most of the internet). But as facts came out, a different picture emerged - it didn't exonerate Incog, but it certainly tempered my outrage, and it made the "off with his head" rhetoric seem rather vengeful and rash. I'm not about to follow the internet's lead and make the same mistake again.

Wait, how many kids does he have?

I haven't read the whole thread, but didn't he lose a child last year to abuse and now we have 2 cases of abuse...regardless of "culture" one would think that after experience what he did last year he would maybe find a different way to discipline his children.

Wait, how many kids does he have?

I haven't read the whole thread, but didn't he lose a child last year to abuse and now we have 2 cases of abuse...regardless of "culture" one would think that after experience what he did last year he would maybe find a different way to discipline his children.

he wasn't involved in the death of the child last year. It was his ex wives boyfriend that killed the kid.

he wasn't involved in the death of the child last year. It was his ex wives boyfriend that killed the kid.

I never said he was....the point I was making is after going through losing a child to abuse, you would think he would be a little more cautious in how he handled his other children.

Back
Top Bottom