Adrian Peterson reportedly indicted for child abuse | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adrian Peterson reportedly indicted for child abuse

That picture was a week after and he still had those marks? ****. I didn't know that. That so many are on the front of the legs is disturbing. A lot of the more demented stories of child abuse I've heard involve violence towards the groin. That's about as clear an example of deeply disturbed issues on the part of the abuser as it gets. Peterson seems to fall right in line with that psychosis. Along with the stuffing of the mouth with leaves and locking him in a special room. Just deeply ****ed up.

When grading on the current curve, Richie Incognito is no longer an NFL sociopath. More like “slightly maladjusted.”

That’s an impressive feat.

Ditto. There's was always a healthy fear of dad's belt or mom's wooden spoon. But there was never a line crossed and I most certainly deserved it for the times it was administered.

But these AP reports are impermissible.

This.

That is absolutely terrible. To live in fear like that. Those on this thread who say "well it worked for me!" just aren't connecting with that seriously unhealthy fear that results from encounters like that. Just unconscionable sh*t.

Disagree.

Some of us were unholy terrors as children. These tactics were VERY effective in correcting stupid behaviors as kids.

Problem here is: A FOUR YEAR OLD?!?

I'll never understand the need for weapons. You're an adult. You are bigger. A quick spanking? Fine, but if you need to use a device to pull it off, there is something wrong. There is simply no excuse for those kinds of wounds on a 4 year old or any age kid at the hands of his or her parents.

Spanking never worked on me or my siblings. We would talk about how we preferred it because it was over quick, unlike the other punishments my parents used that took away time, which was by far the worst.

:lol: They were quite effective on me.

I learned real ****ing quick what was acceptable & what wasn't.

YMMV

Last edited by a moderator:

YMMV

I was spanked and got the belt and all that jazz as a kid. Whether it was effective or not, Im not qualified to answer. All I know is that despite receiving those types of punishments, my body never has never looked like that kid's. Any mark I ever got from punishment lasted an hour or two tops. Honestly if I need to draw blood to make a point with a kid, thats pretty sad.

YMMV

If it worked, you wouldn't have been a holy terror. :lol:

As I noted, I have no problem with spanking, within reason. The need for weapons though? That takes a certain level of sadism. You have to derive some kind of enjoyment to go to the extent some do. In AP's case, it's clearly abuse.

Taken today at the Vikings game. 10/10 troll.

BxgJPblCYAAZlYj-1.jpg:large

I think we found the exception for the "never hit a woman" rule.
Hell, I thought you were taking about Hillary Clinton or Nancy Pelosi! You could throw Bachmann and Palin in there too.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ild-negligence-indictment-minnesota/15663317/

The Minnesota Vikings are standing behind Adrian Peterson.

The team announced Monday that its star halfback will fully participate in meetings and practice this week and is expected to play Sunday against the New Orleans Saints.

The Vikings had deactivated Peterson, 29, for their game against the New England Patriots yesterday, one day after the 2012 NFL MVP answered a warrant in Texas for his arrest on a charge of causing injury to his son by disciplining him with a tree branch.

The Viking's reinstating AP is a shocker. I guess they are more focused on their running game than whether AP should suit up after abusing his 4 year old.

The Viking's reinstating AP is a shocker. I guess they are more focused on their running game than whether AP should suit up after abusing his 4 year old.
I know in the court of public opinion that AP has already been tried and convicted, but I'm wondering if due process and a fair trial might be in order before we (and the Vikings/NFL) jump to the punishment stage.

Back
Top Bottom