Adrian Peterson reportedly indicted for child abuse | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adrian Peterson reportedly indicted for child abuse

Rotoworld reported that the Vikings have deactivated AP for Week 2....giving the Patriots a huge break ....not that a football game is more important than what AP did, but I hate how the Pats always seem to get the breaks going their way.

I just saw the Rappaport tweet. What the hell does that mean? Discipline with a switch?

A switch is a long stick that tapers down to a twig that your granmammie made you bring to her when she was gonna give you a whuppin'.

Good example down here being the stems from those umbrella trees:

2PJJ3aS-1.jpg

The pics don't look too bad for being hit with a switch. A belt leaves damaged just as bad, and everyone would be in jail if they rounded up the belters. You shouldn't be giving 4 year old such a bad whoopin' though. Corporal punishment is stupid anyway. It's outdated like slavery.

I grew up in an era where corporal punishment at home and at school was broadly accepted (I use to have to go to the closet and get the paddle) and for a long time viewed it as an appropriate form of punishment. Never used corporal punishment on my own child as a saw other means just as effective But I still understand how/why it may be at times the punishment of choice and do not judge others who use it. That being said, drawing blood and/or leaving marks is way excessive. AP needs to be held accountable and get help.

The NFL has just released the following statement: "Y'all need to hide yo kids, and hide yo wife cause they rapin' everybody out here"

I cant wait for Goodell's response to this. Im guessing the league announces...oh, say, a 2 hour suspension? Maybe a 2 day suspension at which point they jump on the airwaves to talk about how tough they are on this sort of crime.

I had 3 thoughts after i read the story: 1) Peterson is a piece of ****. 2) Peterson is a idiotic piece of ****(i mean, really, he just lost a son to child abuse. I cant imagine a harsher "lesson" than that, yet he still beats his child?). 3) The forum is going to have all sorts of sterling comments about 'Murica "losing its way". Ive been pleasantly surprised, seems like the overwhelming majority recognize that Peterson is in fact a piece of ****. And an idiot. Well done finheaven, bravo.

One of the more telling things about this story is:

According to the report, the child told authorities, “Daddy Peterson hit me on my face” and said he feared Peterson would punch him in the face if he found out police knew about the incident.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...erson-admitted-to-whooping-son-with-a-switch/

Not hard to imagine this isnt the first time hes been smacked around. Also, Daddy Peterson? ****ing odd.

I cant wait for Goodell's response to this. Im guessing the league announces...oh, say, a 2 hour suspension? Maybe a 2 day suspension at which point they jump on the airwaves to talk about how tough they are on this sort of crime.

I had 3 thoughts after i read the story: 1) Peterson is a piece of ****. 2) Peterson is a idiotic piece of ****(i mean, really, he just lost a son to child abuse. I cant imagine a harsher "lesson" than that, yet he still beats his child?). 3) The forum is going to have all sorts of sterling comments about 'Murica "losing its way". Ive been pleasantly surprised, seems like the overwhelming majority recognize that Peterson is in fact a piece of ****. And an idiot. Well done finheaven, bravo.

One of the more telling things about this story is:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...erson-admitted-to-whooping-son-with-a-switch/

Not hard to imagine this isnt the first time hes been smacked around. Also, Daddy Peterson? ****ing odd.
Ok, just read this and, if true, then AP needs to pay the piper. Spesh, I agree with you on all counts. If the description is accurate then that is way excessive, especially for a 4 year old. I got my butt torn up as a kid and had some marks but no blood drawn and not all over my body. This is just way too far. If true, AP deserves jail time and at least a year suspension which obviously means he will get 3 months probation and a 2 game suspension.

Ok, just read this and, if true, then AP needs to pay the piper. Spesh, I agree with you on all counts. If the description is accurate then that is way excessive, especially for a 4 year old. I got my butt torn up as a kid and had some marks but no blood drawn and not all over my body. This is just way too far. If true, AP deserves jail time and at least a year suspension which obviously means he will get 3 months probation and a 2 game suspension.

:lol: Its scary how accurate that sounds.

Not having children, i dont know what sort of punishment i would be comfortable inflicting on them. That said, i have no real qualms about spankings or the like so long as they are, as you suggested, within reason. The goal should be to curb the behavior not to vent your own frustration. And, from the photos and reports, it sounds like Peterson snapped.

My parents used a 2-prong disciplinary approach:

1. "Cat of 9 Tails" where my dad took a couple of his old belts, cut them laterally into thin straps and nailed them onto a cylindrical wooden handle. They stung, but it was never without underwear on nor did I ever receive more than 5 strokes.

2. "Kickapoo Juice" my mom loved this one. she mixed together some terrible tasting but safe liquids into a disgusting tonic and for punishment made me drink a few gulps. I survived both.

I"m a believer in some corporal punishment however more to create an indelible fear reflex than to ever inflict real pain. But heavens forbid a teacher try to administer it (and once one did when my grown son was young because he was a handful and more..but I was relentless in the payback and ultimately she got suspended). However, from what I've read, including his grabbing a tree branch, the punishment he meted out was irresponsibly way over the top for any child, let alone a 4 year old one! His shyster's statement made sure to point out that it was learned behavior from way he was raised, as if making it understandable. Instead for me it had the opposite effect of being a primer on how not to discipline your children. Beyond that, if memory serves me correctly, his father, now supposedly Peterson's role model is or was incarcerated for a long sentence. So apparently the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

As an unabashed conspiracy theorist, I do find it peculiar that considering how long this issue has been percolating, it finally uncoils 3 days before the Vikes play the porous OL Patriots. Go figure

I'm a believer in the "spare the rod, spoil the child" line of thought when it comes to child discipline (it worked wonders on teaching me not to **** up) ... But, holy **** AD?!? What the **** were you thinking?

Beating a 4-year-old repeatedly & drawing blood?!? Can you say total asshole?

In related news: My $$$ fantasy football league has been blowing up my phone with taunts about my Franchise Player. :bobdole:

:lol: Its scary how accurate that sounds.

Not having children, i dont know what sort of punishment i would be comfortable inflicting on them. That said, i have no real qualms about spankings or the like so long as they are, as you suggested, within reason. The goal should be to curb the behavior not to vent your own frustration. And, from the photos and reports, it sounds like Peterson snapped.

My wife and I have agreed that we won't ever hit our child no matter what she does. She's 10 months old right now. I couldn't ever imagine inflicting pain on her just to prove a point.

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

My parents used a 2-prong disciplinary approach:

1. "Cat of 9 Tails" where my dad took a couple of his old belts, cut them laterally into thin straps and nailed them onto a cylindrical wooden handle. They stung, but it was never without underwear on nor did I ever receive more than 5 strokes.

2. "Kickapoo Juice" my mom loved this one. she mixed together some terrible tasting but safe liquids into a disgusting tonic and for punishment made me drink a few gulps. I survived both.

I"m a believer in some corporal punishment however more to create an indelible fear reflex than to ever inflict real pain. But heavens forbid a teacher try to administer it (and once one did when my grown son was young because he was a handful and more..but I was relentless in the payback and ultimately she got suspended). However, from what I've read, including his grabbing a tree branch, the punishment he meted out was irresponsibly way over the top for any child, let alone a 4 year old one! His shyster's statement made sure to point out that it was learned behavior from way he was raised, as if making it understandable. Instead for me it had the opposite effect of being a primer on how not to discipline your children. Beyond that, if memory serves me correctly, his father, now supposedly Peterson's role model is or was incarcerated for a long sentence. So apparently the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

As an unabashed conspiracy theorist, I do find it peculiar that considering how long this issue has been percolating, it finally uncoils 3 days before the Vikes play the porous OL Patriots. Go figure

Your Dad actually took the time out of his day to create what amounts to an abuse device made out of belts and nailed them to a handle? Holy christ.

Your Dad actually took the time out of his day to create what amounts to an abuse device made out of belts and nailed them to a handle? Holy christ.

And it had a creepy name, too. "Cat of Nine Tails" ... no offense Vaark, but wtf... The stuff coming out on this thread is truly nuts.

My wife and I have agreed that we won't ever hit our child no matter what she does. She's 10 months old right now. I couldn't ever imagine inflicting pain on her just to prove a point.

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

As he rarely used it and when he did it was half-heartedly, the idea of it just hanging there in one of the hall closets by the door was intended as a visual deterrent much more so than an instrument to inflict pain. And it worked which is what counts.

Back
Top Bottom