AFC East QB's | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AFC East QB's

I’m not sure Beli wants a rookie even if it’s a stud like Trevor. He’d be looking at two years down the road at a minimum even if he transitions well. Just can’t see them trading the whole draft plus to move up and grab a rook and if they lose more than 8 Brady will stroke out from laughing non stop

You're assuming Brady is going to win in Tampa. I think he is finished myself.

I’m not sure Beli wants a rookie even if it’s a stud like Trevor. He’d be looking at two years down the road at a minimum even if he transitions well. Just can’t see them trading the whole draft plus to move up and grab a rook and if they lose more than 8 Brady will stroke out from laughing non stop
He has passed on two veterans already. BB would have no problem with a rookie.

Don't expect a tank job ... but with the right capital .... how many picks will they get from players leaving this season?

Nobody is trading away Trevor Lawrence...many of the teams that have drafted QB’s lately would make the switch if they end up number 1 overall.

The Patriots will never get there.

While I certainly hope Tua works out for the Dolphins.Projecting him to be the best QB in the division by the middle of the year is absurd. Especially when he is yet to have a single practice with the Dolphins and most likely he will not even play during the 2020 season as he continues to recover from his hip surgery.

Allen is the best QB in the AFC East at this time and Darnold should continue to improve if he can remain injury free this coming season. Hopefully by the 2021 season Tua will begin to show if he can be the QB we all hope he can be in the NFL.

Right now the QB situation in New England is a huge question mark but Belichick has shown in the past when Brady was injured or suspended, he can win anyway.

I don't see anybody trading that pick to NE anyway, even if they had the picks to move up.
No way the Pats end up with the #1 Pick. If the pats. if they get there they will HAVE to THROW games.
The Patriots will never get there.

Well as much as I respect your opinions I can't let the Patriots history of ...hmmmm ... "shady" circumstances go forgotten lol...

They knew Tom was leaving
They didn't choose a QB this draft and could have
Belichick has been praised up one side and down the other as a great HC
Something doesn't add up

I won't be surprised if the Pats have a plan to draft a QB high next draft AND maybe pick up a FA

But the point is: Wouldn't it be AWESOME to have 3-4 of the top QB's in our division!!! How entertaining would that be for a few years?

Well as much as I respect your opinions I can't let the Patriots history of ...hmmmm ... "shady" circumstances go forgotten lol...

They knew Tom was leaving
They didn't choose a QB this draft and could have
Belichick has been praised up one side and down the other as a great HC
Something doesn't add up

I won't be surprised if the Pats have a plan to draft a QB high next draft AND maybe pick up a FA

But the point is: Wouldn't it be AWESOME to have 3-4 of the top QB's in our division!!! How entertaining would that be for a few years?
It'd be great to see NE as the only team in the division without a good QB......lol

It'd be great to see NE as the only team in the division without a good QB......lol

LOL.... I feel you on that one ... but for me, to see good/great QB play within the division would be cool ... especially if our QB is above the rest... the battles will be fun to watch ... and maybe if we can be the best in a tough division we won't really worry too much about the rest IMO .... great competition should push players to excel

What if the Bengals, Chargers or Dolphins (I don't believe we will be that bad) have that first pick next year? Do we select Trevor or trade out to anyway team other than New England?

What if the Bengals, Chargers or Dolphins (I don't believe we will be that bad) have that first pick next year? Do we select Trevor or trade out to anyway team other than New England?

if we were to get the #1 pick, my first call would be Jacksonville. they have 11 or 12 picks themselves in 2021 and will still be near the top of the draft order. they get Lawrence, we get extra picks and Ja'Marr Chase.

if we were to get the #1 pick, my first call would be Jacksonville. they have 11 or 12 picks themselves in 2021 and will still be near the top of the draft order. they get Lawrence, we get extra picks and Ja'Marr Chase.

I would make that trade, but I would still consider a drafting a QB in the first such as Fields. Since picking Tua, I have jumped onto his bandwagon but his hip injury will always be a concern. For the franchise, I would not place all my "eggs" on Tua's hip. With the ammo we have next year, I would consider another QB for insurance, competition and future trade capital.

I would make that trade, but I would still consider a drafting a QB in the first such as Fields. Since picking Tua, I have jumped onto his bandwagon but his hip injury will always be a concern. For the franchise, I would not place all my "eggs" on Tua's hip. With the ammo we have next year, I would consider another QB for insurance, competition and future trade capital.

Tua will play this season IMO so you won't have to buy insurance ... unless he sucks ...

The Dolphins may end up with a top 10 pick but unless it's a top 5 pick I don't see a trade up from another team for QB ....

From what I understand there are 2 QB prospects next draft that will get top 10 interest ... the Pats will be in play for one unless they pick up Newton

You draft Lawrence and don’t think twice about it. Let Tua and Lawrence battle it out for a year and then trade the QB who ends up losing the QB battle. I don’t see the Dolphins ending up with the first pick in next years draft but if they do based on their record and not the Texans record, there will be a lot of changes in the front office and the coaching staff. So by drafting Lawrence the next HC could decide if he wants to go with Tua or Lawrence in the future.
I think that the Jaguars or Redskins will likely end up with the first pick in 2021 and one of them will end up drafting Lawrence.

You draft Lawrence and don’t think twice about it. Let Tua and Lawrence battle it out for a year and then trade the QB who ends up losing the QB battle. I don’t see the Dolphins ending up with the first pick in next years draft but if they do based on their record and not the Texans record, there will be a lot of changes in the front office and the coaching staff. So by drafting Lawrence the next HC could decide if he wants to go with Tua or Lawrence in the future.
I think that the Jaguars or Redskins will likely end up with the first pick in 2021 and one of them will end up drafting Lawrence.

Unless Tua sucks in camp and cannot get on the field for some reason you don't draft another top QB

You would be second guessing why you chose Tua to begin with ...

You continue to work the board and build a championship TEAM .... IMO

Back
Top Bottom