AFC season predictions | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AFC season predictions

QB? They have two good QBs in Brees and Flutie. TE? They have Stephen Alexander and they just drafted another one. WR? Tim Dwight, Curtis Conway, Reche Caldwell, and they drafted one in the fifth I believe. O-Line? They need to work on that, but they did sign Corey Raymer and drafted Fonoti. Both will be solid starting acquisitions. They still are trying to sign Jacox too. Anything else?

What the hell makes you think Drew Brees is a good NFL QB?

He was awesome in his one game. He is a smart QB and more ready for the NFL than any other QBs in last years class. He wouldnt have been picked 32nd if he was a bad QB.

Ryan Leaf was picked second OVERALL. Are you going to say he is a good NFL QB?

Drew Brees might not adapt well to being a QB in the NFL. We'll see. And BTW, the one game he did play in was against the Chiefs, and they lost. I never saw the game, but I know they lost, and I remember his numbers not being that impressive.

There's no guarantee he's going to be a good QB in the NFL.

Well, you missed a great performance. They put Brees in after they were down by 20 some points and he came back and brought San Diego into the lead int he second half. However, KC came back and ruined San Diego's comeback of the year.
he threw no INTs, one TD, and I think he ran for one. He passed for about 200 yards on a good completion percentage.
Even if Brees is not that good, Flutie is and if Brees beats him out, that says a lot about him.
There is no guarantee, but Brees has the intangibles to make it to the next level. Every scout will tell you that. He is a good leader and very mature.
Ryan Leaf and Cade McNown are not.

Originally posted by Blitz

There's no guarantee he's going to be a good QB in the NFL.

You're right. There is no guarantee he'll be a good QB in the NFL, but he was impressive against K.C.

Brees was 15/27 for 221 yards and 1 TD (2 rushes for 18 yards, NO TDs) in his ONE game against the Chiefs. Keep in mind that the Chiefs did not have a very good defense last year, and the fact that the Chiefs did not plan against Brees, they had planned against Flutie for the game.

I wouldn't call it impressive.

Iceblizzard, why do you think San Diego will be way better than KC? KC ended the season last year at like 5-2. They finally adapted to Vermeil's offense. Their offense could be deadly. They have a great offensive line and Priest Holmes proved last year that he could be a solid running back. Trent Green is a decent QB and their receivers are alright. Snoop Minnis could be a star if he can stay healthy, he made some great grabs last year. Not to mention they have the best tight end in the NFL.

Their defense isn't very good. But drafting Ryan Sims was big. This guy got no coverage because of Julius Peppers. He is very under-rated and a great player. He will be their main force in stopping the run this season. Their biggest problem now is that they cut Donnie Edwards which was real dumb. Their linebacking core is weak and they have a bad secondary.

San Diego does have a big question at QB. Brees is unproven and Flutie had an awful year and is like 38 years old or something. Tomlinson is a good running back but the o-line is pathetic and few holes open for him. The receiving core is weak as well. Caldwell helps but he won't solve the problem. Dwight is hurt more often than not and Graham is not a great receiver, only a good one.

The defense is pretty good. But Junior Seau is getting old and that could present some problems. I believe the same applies with Rodney Harrison. They have a pretty good pass defense and an average run defense. I think however, that the Chargers are an ideal team to have injury problems. Some of the most important players on their team are old or have injury problems (Flutie, Dwight, Seau). Kansas City however is younger and doesn't have the same injury problems the Chargers do (except at WR). Also, remember San Diego lost Norv Turner this year and I think they lost their head coach as well. It will take time to adjust to the new system and new coaching staff. Vermeil however has been with the team for a year now and most of the players understand his system by now. Vermeil is also the better coach.

Umm, excuse me dolphisnrock. But name a big hole in the Eagles period? Their defense is better than ours. They have a better QB, they have a better o-line. We might have the better receivers and running backs but they are still solid all the way around. Not to mention they play in one of the crappiest divisions in the league. The Rams, had a poor draft and lost some players during the off-season. Don't expect them to be on top again this year.

Originally posted by dolphinsrock
WOW UR AN IDIOT

WTF?
Why the name calling?
Everybody has a right to their opinion,it doesn't make him an idiot.
Oh, and if thinking the Eagles are gonna be good makes him an idiot, what does it make you for thinking the Eagles are gonna suck?

Blitz

221 yards in one half is not impressive? If he were to play the first halp like that, that would be 442 yards! How can you not be impressed with that for the first game. Yes, one TD passing, but he led the team to 20 some points. No INTs... Drew doesnt make mistakes. He did not do it in college and he probably wont do it in the NFL. Half of his interceptions were deflected passes in college cuz he had crappy receivers. 15/27 is over 50%, not terrible. There was a reason why the coach was fired too, and he received much criticism for not playing Brees more. San Diego did not win very many games, but the time Brees was in the line up, they outscored their opponents like 21-7!

Drew Brees played well in ONE game agaist a LAUGHABLE defense, who has ZERO real players in their secondary! He is a questionmark until he proves otherwise. What has Flutie ever done in the NFL? He was pathetic last year, couldn't throw a TD the second half of the season.

I am not saying Brees will be bad, good, indifferent, I am just saying SD has a big ? at QB.

Who said Dwight was a real WR? that is funny. Conway is good, not a gamebreaker, and Caldwell hasn't done a lick in the NFL. How many rookies do well in their rookie season? Not many, possible, but the numbers say not likely.

TE....when is the last time Alexander had a productive season? Answer me that and then say TE problem is solved.

OL is a big question too....

Dwight and Conway are both good second and third WRs. If they can get that top reciever, they would be set on offense if Brees can perform which i think he will.

Back
Top Bottom