AFCE Coaches. | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AFCE Coaches.

mbsinmisc said:
You cannot question Bellichick's success over the past 4 years, BUT... losing both coordinators, and taking on the role of OC is a lot to handle. I wonder if all of the genius talk has gone to his head.

Bellichick has developed quite the ego, he should have tryed to get linnehan when he had the chance or he could have tryed to get a good OC from a college
team. Well,when the season starts we will see how much of a genius Bellichick is.

Maybe Saban will be considered a ''genius'' eventually, after all he is a Bellichick disciple.

I think the coaches rank, right now, about like this:

1) BB- Until proven otherwise he is THE coach to beat, period.
2) Mularkey- Starting to show great upside and has his rookie year under his belt
3) Edwards- Great motivator but not a great coach on Sunday
4) Saban-Unknown and unproven

I think Saban could go right to the top of the heap if he shows he can handle the pro game. Regardless, he will most likely move above Edwards by the end of next season as he gets his rookie season under his belt.

Slappy8800 said:
NFC east is pretty tough now too

No way, The Giants have a ways to go, the Cowboys still stink bigtime (No matter what kind of a draft they had, or how overrated their Head coach is), and the redskins will need at least another 1 more year, before Gibb brings them back. Only the Eagle can be considered a good team.

Justasportsfan said:
So Wanny's ran an elite team? like I said, it depends on you definition of mediocre or you standards.

Well, not an elite team, but his teams did win 10 games of better in all his years coaching, except for his last year.....imagine if in those years Miami's HC was actually good at what he did.

tay0365 said:
No way, The Giants have a ways to go, the Cowboys still stink bigtime (No matter what kind of a draft they had, or how overrated their Head coach is), and the redskins will need at least another 1 more year, before Gibb brings them back. Only the Eagle can be considered a good team.

You think Parcells is overrated? he is a damn good coach, he is probably the best coach in that division.

zeke0123 said:
I prefer "chokers" to "unfortunate" but who am I to nit-pick.

Chokers are those that need 1 win in the last 2 games to win the division then havea double digit lead in the last game w/ 2 mins to play and lsoe. That's what chokers are :lol:

Thats why he carried the jets all thw way to 6 - 10 oh and by the way

if Pennington is a ''great QB'' why couldn't he at least win when he was healthy that season??????????????

We had alot mroe problems than QB that year. Our D was the worst in the league and our O nevr had a shot. Chad came back and we were playing well until teams caught on that he only had 1 weapon to throw to and they took that away. Coming off an injury which sidelined him half the year he played pretty well when he came back and when the hottest team in the league came to NY to play the Jets(the titans who had won 6 straight) Chad led the Jets to victory.

who the **** is that?????????????

Exactly and he's still better than AJ :lol:

I think the coaches rank, right now, about like this:

1) BB- Until proven otherwise he is THE coach to beat, period.
2) Mularkey- Starting to show great upside and has his rookie year under his belt
3) Edwards- Great motivator but not a great coach on Sunday
4) Saban-Unknown and unproven

How can you possibly rank Mularkey ahead of Herm?

nyjunc said:
How can you possibly rank Mularkey ahead of Herm?

Simple....I think Herm has great players but is a OK coach. I think Mularkey has good players and is a great coach. JMHO

Saban,,well...he has good players and the jury is still out on if he is a good or great coach. My money is on him being great....but only time will tell.

Dbergan said:
Simple....I think Herm has great players but is a OK coach. I think Mularkey has good players and is a great coach. JMHO

Saban,,well...he has good players and the jury is still out on if he is a good or great coach. My money is on him being great....but only time will tell.

Mularkey doesn't have good players? Herm took over a franchise that had missed the playoffs in 12 of the previous 14 years(including the 2 before he showed up) and had 1 div title since the merger and Herm has made the playofs 3 of 4 years and won an AFC East Title and he has done it w/ different casts each time. After '01 we were in cap hell and lost key vets like Aaron Glenn, Marcus Coleman and Ryan Young and it was Vinny's last year of starting. After '02 we lost the 4 guys to Wash plus a bunch of others then we completely re-tooled the D last year and he led us again. Herm has done an outstanding job and he is very underrated.

nyjunc said:
Mularkey doesn't have good players? Herm took over a franchise that had missed the playoffs in 12 of the previous 14 years(including the 2 before he showed up) and had 1 div title since the merger and Herm has made the playofs 3 of 4 years and won an AFC East Title and he has done it w/ different casts each time. After '01 we were in cap hell and lost key vets like Aaron Glenn, Marcus Coleman and Ryan Young and it was Vinny's last year of starting. After '02 we lost the 4 guys to Wash plus a bunch of others then we completely re-tooled the D last year and he led us again. Herm has done an outstanding job and he is very underrated.

LOL....Not knocking your coach dude...just stating that I think Mularkey is a bit better of an X's and O'd type then Herm. Not taking anything away from Herm's ability to motivate or anything...I just think that the Jets have great players and an OK coach. The bills have good players...but a coach that might be great. Time will tell w/ him though.....

Having said the above..I still think that Nick will exceed expectations and put us in the same class as BB...... this is something that no other ACFE team can claim right now. :tongue:

Dbergan said:
LOL....Not knocking your coach dude...just stating that I think Mularkey is a bit better of an X's and O'd type then Herm. Not taking anything away from Herm's ability to motivate or anything...I just think that the Jets have great players and an OK coach. The bills have good players...but a coach that might be great. Time will tell w/ him though.....

Having said the above..I still think that Nick will exceed expectations and put us in the same class as BB...... this is something that no other ACFE team can claim right now. :tongue:

Whether you think Mularkey will be better is one thing but as of now he isn't. What did he prove last yar to make you think he's better? he had a team w/ a big time D, great STs, a big time running game, excellent WRs and they still couldn't make the playoffs while Herm had his starting QB mis 3 games(and quincy crater play for 3 games) then play the rest of the year w/ Chad playing w/ a torn rotator cuff in his throwing shoulder and we also played w/o our best defensive player the last 6 weeks.

fielder sucks. i can't wait until week 2 when he throws TD passes to OUR team for once in his damn life.

We wont just beat the Pats because Saban knows BB, but also because the Pats have lost some key people and if teddy bruschi does not make it back, And i do not think it wise to come back from such a problem (i mean you have 3 super bowl rings, whats the point now that your life is on the line).
Andrussi
Bruschi
Ty Law
The WR (cant remember his name)
and others

Too much to do anything this year, but they could be back but Saban will make BB's life harder no doubt. BB's sytem is Sabans system. Thats why the man talked to Saban every other week about strategy. OUch!

IMO the Pats weakness this year wont be players(they played most of last year without their top two corners which is tough to do imagine us without both Madison, and Surtain last year) I think their gameplanning/playcalling will suffer this year without their big name co-ordinators. They still are the team to beat though.

death7star said:
fielder sucks. i can't wait until week 2 when he throws TD passes to OUR team for once in his damn life.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

death7star said:

If he's playing in Week 2 it will be b/c it's another blowout like last year on Mon Night- you are right he will play in Week 2 :D

By the way:

2000-2003

Dolphins record w/ Jay Fiedler: 36-17(1-2 playoffs)
Dolphins record w/o Fiedler: 4-5(0-0 playoffs)

win % w/ was 68%
win % w/o was 45%

Back
Top Bottom