After brawl, White Sox punch out Cubs | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

After brawl, White Sox punch out Cubs

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Michael Barrett was waiting for the ball when A.J. Pierzynski ran him over.

Barrett’s reaction? He got up and punched the White Sox catcher in the jaw, setting off a melee between Chicago’s two baseball teams.

“I don’t know how to say it. I mean, when you hit another grown man, it’s never right, you know,†the Cubs’ Barrett said Saturday after the White Sox won 7-0 behind two homers and six RBIs from Tadahito Iguchi.

Barrett said Pierzynski had every right to run into him, but added that the White Sox’s catcher  who always seems to be in the middle of wild plays  got up and nudged him after the collision, instead of heading toward his dugout.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12887621/

Pierzynski just stood there after Barrett cracked him in the jaw.....go after him A.J. you big wuss. :wink:

There was a little more to it then that. AJ ran him over, okay. Then he went to get his helmet, and Barrett Bearhugged him then hit him in the Jaw. Sucker punch. AJ was already backed up and before he could do get back into it, Scott Podsednic had a hold of Barrett and they went to the ground.

AJ was in the clear here, Barrett was all embarassed because he got rolled over. Bottom line White Sox won.

icephinfan said:
There was a little more to it then that. AJ ran him over, okay. Then he went to get his helmet, and Barrett Bearhugged him then hit him in the Jaw. Sucker punch. AJ was already backed up and before he could do get back into it, Scott Podsednic had a hold of Barrett and they went to the ground.

AJ was in the clear here, Barrett was all embarassed because he got rolled over. Bottom line White Sox won.
I disagree...I'm gonna have to agree with Barrett. AJ not only bumped into him after the fact, but he said something to him that prompted Barrett to get mad. I'm not saying Barrett was right here, because he wasn't. But it's not like Barrett punched him because he ran him over...there was more to it than that.

Rocky Raccoon said:
I disagree...I'm gonna have to agree with Barrett. AJ not only bumped into him after the fact, but he said something to him that prompted Barrett to get mad. I'm not saying Barrett was right here, because he wasn't. But it's not like Barrett punched him because he ran him over...there was more to it than that.

Hmm, I gonna have to see it again, I know he bumped him but if he said something didn't see that. But, I'm sure espn will show it thousand more times.

EDIT: okay I see I forgot to mention the bump. Gotcha.

AJ seemed to bump him like he was showing him up...I don't blame Barrett in taking a swing at him.

Actually here's what happened. AJ ran him over, and his helmet came off in the process, which ended up behind Barrett. As AJ was going over to get his helmet(he might have bumped him a little but it was intentional) Barrett bear-hugged Aj and said " I didn't have the ball...other name for female dog...." (you can even read it on his lips) and then punched AJ in the jaw. A sucker punch and totally classless move. Especially considering the two know each other well.

AJ Pierzynski is the biggest **** in baseball. His White Sox teammates don't like him (I'm going with this assumption because all his ex-teammates in Minnesota and San Francisco didn't like him, so why should Chicago be any different?), which is why I'm surprised they even came to his defense.

He slapped the plate then got up and started mouthing off to Barrett, it was only a matter of time before Barrett punched him.

It was pretty hilarious.

FaninPatsyLand said:
AJ Pierzynski is the biggest **** in baseball. His White Sox teammates don't like him (I'm going with this assumption because all his ex-teammates in Minnesota and San Francisco didn't like him, so why should Chicago be any different?), which is why I'm surprised they even came to his defense.

He slapped the plate then got up and started mouthing off to Barrett, it was only a matter of time before Barrett punched him.

It was pretty hilarious.

Because you always stick up for your teamates, especially when they get sucker punched it doesn't matter who they are. And I considering he's was a key component in their world series team, I doubt his team hates him. It was heads up play against the angels that allowed the white sox to have new life in the playoffs.

And even if Aj was talking ****, you never throw a ****ing punch. Especially if your the catcher, because your the general on the field. Besides you know that plays at the plate like that are part of the job descripiton. Show until the MLB changes the rules (doubt it will) then just accept it.

FinSinceBirth said:
Because you always stick up for your teamates, especially when they get sucker punched it doesn't matter who they are. And I considering he's was a key component in their world series team, I doubt his team hates him. It was heads up play against the angels that allowed the white sox to have new life in the playoffs.

I understand why Podsednik tackled Barrett and stuck up for Pierzynski being teammates and all, but that doesn't change the fact that AJ is just an ******* by nature. In addition to reading several articles on the subject, he just looks like an ******* by the way he carries himself on TV.

Also, I'm not saying Barrett was right by his actions, I'm simply stating that I'm not surprised he punched Pierzynski.

Roman529 said:
AJ seemed to bump him like he was showing him up...I don't blame Barrett in taking a swing at him.

Please. I saw the replay about 5 times...there was nothing right about what Barrett did.

FaninPatsyLand said:

It was pretty hilarious.

wow, apparently you see different video footage than about, oh, say, everybody else on the planet.

I love when people invent things that didn't happen.

RobFins2005 said:
wow, apparently you see different video footage than about, oh, say, everybody else on the planet.

I love when people invent things that didn't happen.

:sidelol: I was waiting for you to show up....:lol:

Back
Top Bottom