After brawl, White Sox punch out Cubs | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

After brawl, White Sox punch out Cubs

RobFins2005 said:
wow, apparently you see different video footage than about, oh, say, everybody else on the planet.

I love when people invent things that didn't happen.

Ok, he didn't slap the plate and walk towards the general area of Barrett. I don't know what the hell he said, but he was definitely talking.

Seeing how it's been documented that his teammates in San Francisco and Minnesota disliked him, I'm guessing he wasn't asking Barrett if he was ok or needed a band aid.

both of them acted like *******. Barret cant take a hit like a man. yall aint playing golf. and AJ just stood there after he got his **** clocked.

Nappy Roots said:
both of them acted like *******. Barret cant take a hit like a man. yall aint playing golf. and AJ just stood there after he got his **** clocked.

Well, actually after he got hit, he backed up and by the time he could do something it had blown up.
But, I do agree with you about barrett.

Even though what he did was wrong, it seems to me that Michael Barrett would be one-half of the most popular battery in baseball right now. If the Cubs traded for Russ Springer now, they'd be all set. (Incidentally, how is it that Springer's getting the hero treatment, when what he did was at least as wrong, if not more so?)

I don't have any idea what AJ did to set him off, but Pierzynski is universally considered a first-stringer on the All-Jerk team. More than likely, Barrett was just frustrated, Pierzynski ran his mouth, as he's known to do, and Barrett just popped off. He was wrong, but that was fun to watch. That's a much better punch than you'll see in any John Ruiz fight.

It looked to me like Barrett was pissed because he didn't even have the ball and AJ still bowled him over. In AJs defense, Barrett was still blocking the plate meaning a bowl over is fair game.

Barrett got a nice punch in, even though he hit him in the ear. :lol:

Barrett just let his emotions get the best of him, it happens, especially in an emotional series.

but miamikid, your problem is that you watch sportscenter without blinders on! you need homer goggles to fit in in this thread! :)

both of them were interviewed. Barret said he was still a little dazed and when he got up and seen AJ coming straight at him and bumped him, so he reacted.

he said he didnt even see him hit the plate

phunwin said:
Even though what he did was wrong, it seems to me that Michael Barrett would be one-half of the most popular battery in baseball right now. If the Cubs traded for Russ Springer now, they'd be all set. (Incidentally, how is it that Springer's getting the hero treatment, when what he did was at least as wrong, if not more so?)

I don't have any idea what AJ did to set him off, but Pierzynski is universally considered a first-stringer on the All-Jerk team. More than likely, Barrett was just frustrated, Pierzynski ran his mouth, as he's known to do, and Barrett just popped off. He was wrong, but that was fun to watch. That's a much better punch than you'll see in any John Ruiz fight.

I agree with every word written in this post. Excellent writeup.

The Cubs stink. Barrets punch was the best HIT they have had all year.

FiN.in.RI said:
It looked to me like Barrett was pissed because he didn't even have the ball and AJ still bowled him over. In AJs defense, Barrett was still blocking the plate meaning a bowl over is fair game.

Barrett got a nice punch in, even though he hit him in the ear. :lol:

Barrett just let his emotions get the best of him, it happens, especially in an emotional series.

Barrett didn't have the ball but he was blocking homeplate, what was Pierzynski to do? Pierzynski slapping homeplate was my first guess as to why Barrett went after A.J. but then Barrett said he didn't see that. The Cubs are a terrible team and Pierzynski who is having a very good season is not well liked in baseball.

culpepper2chambers said:
i cant really blaim barrett for what he did. was it wrong? yes, but i still cant blaim him

You can't blame him for taking a cheap punch at AJ....um okay???

Back
Top Bottom