After brawl, White Sox punch out Cubs | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

After brawl, White Sox punch out Cubs

Nappy Roots said:
posada, victor martinez and Mauer deserve all star spots before AJ.

It's going to be really tough to leave a guy off the team that is hitting .344 which A.J. is doing right now. Those guys probably get more positive recognition but Pierzynski deserves it regardless of whether he is disliked in baseball or not. He's never been a power hitter and his RBI numbers may be down but he does have Konerko/Thome/Dye hitting in front of him who have been very good all season. With the exception of Uribe; the Chisox infield has played very well and a case could be made that Konerko/Iguchi/Crede all deserve all-star recognition. I think either Crede or Pierzynski will be left off the roster but both have played extremely well to this point. The better teams usually get more all-stars so I think the Sox will have their share and before he was hurt I would've gave the starting job for the AL to Contreras and he still may get it but I like the way Santana has been pitching so i'll give him the nod.

Back
Top Bottom