After Many Sleepless Nights, I’ve Finally Pinpointed How the Miami Dolphins Angered the Football God | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

After Many Sleepless Nights, I’ve Finally Pinpointed How the Miami Dolphins Angered the Football God

After our playoff season in 2016, I figured our Tequesta Curse was over.

Before the remodeling of the stadium, I had visions of semi trucks filled with cash backing up to the tribe chiefs door with Ross riding on top holding a greeting card. Inside the card, it reads like this:

giphy.gif
I won't consider the curse to be over until the Dolphins win the Super Bowl. Sports curses aren't eradicated until championships are won.

I would say this isn’t a bad readout, but if Shula had access to Free Agency like there is today, Marino would have had rings like Brady. Shula went after Emmitt Smith, and he got Keith Jackson. His drafting was a downfall, and not holding onto, nor bringing back Arnsbarger were costly non moves.

Has building through free agency while having bad drafts ever worked in the modern era since free agency began? I think ideally building through the draft works because if done exceptionally well it can allow you to acquire blue chip talent for cheap thus giving you a 4 year window where you can have 4-5 elite players on the cheap which means you can spend on a couple of high priced free agents to put your team in a good place for a super bowl run.

Back
Top Bottom