After this Sunday, the AFC will have another qb rivalry to talk about…….. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

After this Sunday, the AFC will have another qb rivalry to talk about……..

We're talking too much about Tua for this game.....I'm not that worry about our offense. Not saying they will score at will but if we want to win this game it is the defense that really needs to show up. Play like last week on defense and we'll have a hard time staying with the bills......defense plays a good game and I really like our chances.
The problem is that a good defensive game against the Jills is holding them under 30....lol. What we need, is a couple turnovers at opportune moments.

Everyone will be talking about the Bills injures.

that’s a fact

Miami has a top starting CB not playing in Jones, have a starting R-Tackle not playing, a top up and coming TE in Tanner Conner out, and with X, Armstead, Raekwon Davis, Cedrick Wilson Jr all questionable, I think if Miami wins, injuries being the cause might not be smart to say.

Last edited:
We're talking too much about Tua for this game.....I'm not that worry about our offense. Not saying they will score at will but if we want to win this game it is the defense that really needs to show up. Play like last week on defense and we'll have a hard time staying with the bills......defense plays a good game and I really like our chances.
My question is what quantifies a good game?

I would think it is Points allowed. So if let’s say your defense lets up 28 how do you feel about your chances? What is that specific number?

I would think for me it is 24. You keep the Bills to that or below you are pretty much 80% to win in my mind.

Miami has a top starting CB not playing in Jones, have a starting R-Tackle not playing, a top up and coming TE in Tanner Conner out, and with X, Armstead, Raekwon Davis Cedrick Wilson Jr all questionable, I think if Miami wins, injuries being the cause might not be smart to say.
The media doesnt care about the Dolphins injuries.

If we pull this off they wont stop talking about the Bills injuries.

She's spot on.

She's spot on.
Very true. And my GAF meter won't to above 0.

The media and fans at-large prove week in, and week out, that they don't have a clue what they're looking at. Their opinion is about as useful as ass-crack lint.

She's spot on.
Probably is. There are a lot of Lazy Sport Reporters and Media that instead of looking into the game will take the easy talking point.

Injuries will be the easy talking point.

I would think it is Points allowed. So if let’s say your defense lets up 28 how do you feel about your chances? What is that specific number?

I would think for me it is 24. You keep the Bills to that or below you are pretty much 80% to win in my mind.
I dont have any specific numbers in mind, alot depends on the flow of the game.

Offense does add alot of excitement, particularly if it is high scoring and close.

IMO a good game comes down to being close and competitive. It could be low scoring and great. Nowadays though, I think people want a shootout.

I dont have any specific numbers in mind, alot depends on the flow of the game.

Offense does add alot of excitement, particularly if it is high scoring and close.

IMO a good game comes down to being close and competitive. It could be low scoring and great. Nowadays though, I think people want a shootout.
My take here is low scoring games tend to favor the less talented team. Reason being because then the Luck, Refs and such like that come into play more often.

So currently with how this Bills team is built low scoring games favor the opponent (see Jags Last year).

Another thing if I look to last year (can’t yet this year) close games (1 score) Bills dropped EVERY one last year for the most part.

So that is what I really don’t want to see for my own health.

If Miami can limit, Allen's ability to generate big plays and contain Diggs in the passing game, they'll have a chance.

The other taking point that will be used is the Bills Injuries to point to how “not ready” the Fins are in a loss.

It could be a very good game and close and Fins just don’t pull it out. I guarantee there is be media saying see even with all the Bills Injuries MIA couldn’t do it and will hurt the perception of MIA going forward (shouldn’t you have a good team down there from what I saw so far).

My take here is low scoring games tend to favor the less talented team. Reason being because then the Luck, Refs and such like that come into play more often.

So currently with how this Bills team is built low scoring games favor the opponent (see Jags Last year).

Another thing if I look to last year (can’t yet this year) close games (1 score) Bills dropped EVERY one last year for the most part.

So that is what I really don’t want to see for my own health.
I agree.

As a fan, I never want to see a good game, a good game is a consolation prize. I want to see a blowout win so I dont have to stress out. lol.

If I am watching 2 teams that I dont care about, give me a good game or ill fall asleep or let my wife put on her vampire shows.

That said, I DO appreciate watching great defenses play. Part of the reason I cant stand the OT changes.

Something to watch with Diggs this year compared to years past is how Physical he has played so far this year.

Lowering shoulders, stiff arms etc.

In last couple years he has avoided those type things will get his Yac and fall to avoid the hit. Now he isn’t giving himself up like that on plays. He is looking to deliver a shot. Different mentality from him this year.

well, for starters, they have to play much better than they did last week. That was pathetic till the last quarter where they played better. Playing a good game would be keeping the team in the game instead of letting Buffalo go up and down the field on them while our offense sits on the sidelines. I don’t have a specific number in mind but don't let Buffalo take a 14 point lead early on.

Everyone will be talking about the Bills injures.

that’s a fact
This week, sure. But no one will care later on. How many amazing games from NFL history do you remember? Tons I bet. How many of them do you remember being a factor because of injuries? Almost none of them, but undoubtedly they were huge factors in a lot of those games. Bottomline, big time players step up in big time moments. Big time teams step up, too, injuries be damned. If the Bills are for real, they will shut down Tua regardless of being banged up

Back
Top Bottom