After years of futility, Miami Dolphins get offensive line and coach right. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

After years of futility, Miami Dolphins get offensive line and coach right.

I guess they don't include how well they snap the ball when grading centers? I'd think that would be the most important skill in assessing that position, but that's just me I guess. lol

That being said, the OL has improved. They have gone from atrocious to average. I don't think it necessarily means they've found the right set of players and coach, just that it does look promising. Hopefully they are right, but I'd think 2 games is too small a sample size to make such a definitive statement, but I hope they're right.

In all honesty, I feel you should have said the improvement is between "better than average" to "one of the best in the league".

The information presented carries no particular team bias's as far as I can tell. That means to me that arguments about a team's rating are probably due to the posters team bias.

In the case of your post, your bias is clearly "anti-team" bias which is characteristic of posts by "Lemmings".

Don't be afraid of predicting team wins and then being happy when we win!
That is what being a football fan is all about!

We're looking good. I think we're another offseason away from being really solid at OL. We need to move on from Armstead when its fiscally feasible and put someone in that position thats got decent upside but high floor.

Eich has to go. Connor Williams is getting there. Think of the silver lining - he's not going to get his demanded holdout salary now. Theyve got too much tape of mistakes on snaps. I think he'll improve but I think we'll extend him long term. Lock up the LT, C RG and RT. I think Wynn will fit in well at LG. But hes the weak link thus far, which is surprising. I dont think it'd be too hard to find a LG, so I have faith Grier will find a nice FA to plug into there. Dont **** up the current chemistry and waste draft picks on more whiffs. Get the proven guy.

Player Development,
Is my cry.
Some posters don't agree,
I bet I know why!

"Lemmings" - LOL

Miami has an interesting dilemma with the O-line.

I am of the firm belief that Tua is 100% covering for the O lines deficiency. If not for his quick release and processing, this O line would look bad.

BUUUUTTTTTT, there's no way for me to prove that

Becausssseee...

The FACT us right now Miami has only allowed 1 sack and playing great within the system.

The dilemma is this. How do we actually evaluate a contract extension for guys Like Jackson? Let's say he doesn't allow a sack all season. Tua continues getting the ball out in less then 2.2 seconds.

Does he get an extension worthy of a tackle not giving up a sack?

All I know is, when Tua succeeds in his first season without injury, I don't envy Griers position.

I don't trust this O Line 1 BIT.

However, it is fun watching them prove me wrong every week.

All I can judge them on is what they are actually doing. Not what may happen if they needed to block longer
The FO has their contract work ahead of them. I think they will go with more conservative contracts and more development of younger players.

I feel other teams like the Jets can't afford any more big contracts for key positions - talk about crashing and burning with Rodgers. - LOL

I would think that staying with a Superbowl contending team like the Dolphins would present an opportunity to play longer at "less than max " salaries, resulting in both more money in their pocket at the end of their careers and a better reputation that will open other opportunities for the player once they retire.

Of course, being the smart thing to do is not the same thing as doing the smart thing - as so many NFL football players have demonstrated historically.

I am of the firm belief that Tua is 100% covering for the O lines deficiency. If not for his quick release and processing, this O line would look bad.

Becausssseee...

The FACT us right now Miami has only allowed 1 sack and playing great within the system.

The dilemma is this. How do we actually evaluate a contract extension for guys Like Jackson? Let's say he doesn't allow a sack all season. Tua continues getting the ball out in less then 2.2 seconds.

All I know is, when Tua succeeds in his first season without injury, I don't envy Griers position.

All I can judge them on is what they are actually doing. Not what may happen if they needed to block longer
First, I think Jackson will allow some sacks. Thats almost a fact. After two games he is the weak spot in our OL by far.

We need to think on our OL like some teams with amazing run blocking think of their RBs. They dont need to spend big money because any average RB can run through those big lanes. But in this case is exactly the opposite. We need to keep paying big money on what makes everything succesful. Our HC, our QB and the WRs. We could save big money finding the Lamms of the OL. I would only pay money for good interior OL (who are not expensive as the OTS) so we dont give interior pressure. If we continue to execute this unique passing offense (quick release + long yards per attempt) we wont need the Armsteads to make it work. Jackson can be replaced easily.

We need ver fast WRs with very good route running skills (hard to find) we need a QB like Tua (hard to find) and a coach like ours (hard to find) and then lots of average players that can do their job. Find the next Hill/Waddle and pray Tua has a very long career and we are in a very good position for the future

Agree 100%! Our team is functioning at a high level. So far, I have very little to complain about. Give me time though, and I am sure I will find something to nitpick about, but that's sort of my nature, lol.

Well, besides it only being 2 weeks into the season, and PFF is ????? i dont know where to really put PFF fully...

but has out OLine been playing good, yes... have they been great, no.... does our scheme, quick reads and throw, setting up players to thrive help out this OLine that has not developed wonderfully??? YES.. definitely. a lot plays into this.

I am happy how its gone so far, but i do not feel we have a good OLine yet. Ive read and written myself in other threads same stuff and reasoning. But, keep developing, keep working, and hopefully bring in more talent soon too!!!

Lets get our snaps down as well, UGH... and get healthy!!!

Let’s just say we have a very small sample size to make any real determinations. That said, what Dolphin did not think that was are weak link Heading into the season. I read the comments about the o line coach in Denver not being liked kind of a hard ass. That how narratives get built.

Let’s just say one of McDaniels excellent attributes has been his ability to bring a staff of hi NFL quality coaches together. Along with the system they have incorporated and the players Grier has acquired , it seems to be working. Armstead is going to play , hopefully a big role in solidifying the O line. This may be wishful thinking given how the season has started. It would be awesome if he is playin into any late postseason run. Let’s give him one more week & have him ready for Buffalo.

Tua’s maturation in year 2 of this system has shown he is elite an QB. He makes those around him better. Enough cannot be said of Tua’s ability to get the ball out his hands so quickly. No doubt that has helped our overall oline play. Now if we can get those QB/center exchanges worked out with some health & continuity, we are on to something.

McD & Co.'s scheme and Tua are helping the OL immensely. I'm not sure how that can be perceived as anything but a positive in any way shape or form.

God forbid we have to put someone not named Tua back there - as we've seen, the results are dramatically altered and not to the good.

In any case, nobody is claiming an elite OL but it is markedly better than anything going back many a year.

I guess they don't include how well they snap the ball when grading centers? I'd think that would be the most important skill in assessing that position, but that's just me I guess. lol

That being said, the OL has improved. They have gone from atrocious to average. I don't think it necessarily means they've found the right set of players and coach, just that it does look promising. Hopefully they are right, but I'd think 2 games is too small a sample size to make such a definitive statement, but I hope they're right.
that's just you......I could probably snap the ball well every time but I couldn’t do anything else right.......his main job is to make the line calls and to block and he's doing that at a high level.

Miami Football Hello GIF by Miami Dolphins

This is the reason the Oline isn’t looking as pathetic - 2.3 seconds to release the ball is insane

McD & Co.'s scheme and Tua are helping the OL immensely. I'm not sure how that can be perceived as anything but a positive in any way shape or form.

God forbid we have to put someone not named Tua back there - as we've seen, the results are dramatically altered and not to the good.

In any case, nobody is claiming an elite OL but it is markedly better than anything going back many a year.
I can't agree that its markedly better...we really don't know for sure, and the evidence so far points to the contrary. If defenses are already getting pressure to Tua .2 seconds faster than last year, that doesn't give me any confidence to say they're better. The RESULT has been better, but OL improvement is not the cause...McDaniel's scheme and Tua's quantum-computer brain are. Nobody has ever done what those two are doing, so we'll just have to watch and see how sustainable it is. Count me in the "has faith" category.

Becausssseee...

ATTENTION ALL TUA HATERS,

This is how you express your doubts and concerns about a piece of the team you supposedly love or at least claim to be fan of.

ATTENTION ALL TUA HATERS,

This is how you express your doubts and concerns about a piece of the team you supposedly love or at least claim to be fan of.
Lol, trying to get back on track.

I've been a little argumentative and pessimistic lately.

Time to get back on track to the GRYPHONK you all know and love..well... atleast 2 or 3 of you like me haha

It's been a great start, but it is early. Tua and Connor need to work on the snaps. And I'm still worried overall about AJax protecting Tua's blind side. The overall game plan has been to protect Tua with quick throws and hot reads. If it works, it works. But I personally would like to see a lot more before declaring the O-line as "fixed".

Back
Top Bottom