After years of futility, Miami Dolphins get offensive line and coach right. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

After years of futility, Miami Dolphins get offensive line and coach right.

These quick hitting plays also force defenses to abandon the blitz thus putting less pressure on the line for the times when we do go for the big play.

They do look a lot better though. I haven't seen guys just getting blown up like Eich was infamous for or missed assignments. They've looked very cohesive.

Scared Breaking Bad GIF by davidsaracino

I've spent the better part of 2 decades Hyperventilating over the **** show of an offensive line, Miami had. Made me appreciate those OLines of the Marino era, that much more. I'm hoping the early success in 2023, continues. We shall see.

I can't agree that its markedly better...we really don't know for sure, and the evidence so far points to the contrary. If defenses are already getting pressure to Tua .2 seconds faster than last year, that doesn't give me any confidence to say they're better. The RESULT has been better, but OL improvement is not the cause...McDaniel's scheme and Tua's quantum-computer brain are. Nobody has ever done what those two are doing, so we'll just have to watch and see how sustainable it is. Count me in the "has faith" category.
Wrong. The evidence clearly point’s straight up. No matter how you attempt to spin it, fact is we’ve beaten two of the best, most talented, defenses in the NFL on the road. That happened. Give credit where credit isdue.

2 games. I’d wait before making that declaration.

Teams with stronger DLs like Jets/Bills/Eagles will really let us know where we are.
I don't disagree, but the Pats often create problems with guys like Judon and they were just invisible.

I still think it's Tua and scheme.

It really helps having a run game that can make the OL feel good. It's always been well known that letting guys build up positive energy in the run game is better than being attacked all the time in the passing game.

Miami has an interesting dilemma with the O-line.

I am of the firm belief that Tua is 100% covering for the O lines deficiency. If not for his quick release and processing, this O line would look bad.

BUUUUTTTTTT, there's no way for me to prove that

Becausssseee...

The FACT us right now Miami has only allowed 1 sack and playing great within the system.

The dilemma is this. How do we actually evaluate a contract extension for guys Like Jackson? Let's say he doesn't allow a sack all season. Tua continues getting the ball out in less then 2.2 seconds.

Does he get an extension worthy of a tackle not giving up a sack?

All I know is, when Tua succeeds in his first season without injury, I don't envy Griers position.

I don't trust this O Line 1 BIT.

However, it is fun watching them prove me wrong every week.

All I can judge them on is what they are actually doing. Not what may happen if they needed to block longer
Jackson already allowed a sack to Judon last week, so that’s not a concern. LOL.

I think the best thing I’ve heard (and I’m going from memory) was before the second half started on Sunday night. IIRC, I think the sideline reporter spoke with Belichik and he commented that Tua was getting the ball out so quickly that even blitzing wasn’t effective,

Again, I might be incorrect on the exact words, but if we’re showing opposing coordinators that blitzing is ineffective because you’re not going to get home even if you bring the house, it’s only going to make life even easier for Tua and the offensive line.

Also, the few times when there has been pressure, Tua’s movement in the pocket has been spectacular. It was an unappreciated factor in that dime he dropped to Berrios at the Pats 2-yard line last week.

OL has played well. OL coach deserves credit for getting immediate results. It’s way too early to be saying we figured the OL out, though.

Especially since 4 of the 5 guys who’ve started the first two games are free agents after the season.

Wrong. The evidence clearly point’s straight up. No matter how you attempt to spin it, fact is we’ve beaten two of the best, most talented, defenses in the NFL on the road. That happened. Give credit where credit isdue.
I did...credit to McDaniel and Tua. OL doesn't get any. What does it tell you, when QB pressure is getting to Tua .2 seconds faster than it did last year?

I'm not saying its the end of the world, and those were certainly 2 quality wins in my book...I just want a better OL, I still think it's one of the worst 2 units on the team. Maybe Armstead can bump it up a bit, but as of now, not impressed.

Probably shouldn’t start with Connor
WRONG!!!! The important part is the dominant play of Connor not the minor issue with snaps. Listen to the head coach. It is important, but it is 2 out of 60 plays. Further, it is less than 1% at best of his contribution to the offense. Do not make a mountain out of a single grain of dirt!!!!!!

Miami has an interesting dilemma with the O-line.

I am of the firm belief that Tua is 100% covering for the O lines deficiency. If not for his quick release and processing, this O line would look bad.

BUUUUTTTTTT, there's no way for me to prove that

Becausssseee...

The FACT us right now Miami has only allowed 1 sack and playing great within the system.

The dilemma is this. How do we actually evaluate a contract extension for guys Like Jackson? Let's say he doesn't allow a sack all season. Tua continues getting the ball out in less then 2.2 seconds.

Does he get an extension worthy of a tackle not giving up a sack?

All I know is, when Tua succeeds in his first season without injury, I don't envy Griers position.

I don't trust this O Line 1 BIT.

However, it is fun watching them prove me wrong every week.

All I can judge them on is what they are actually doing. Not what may happen if they needed to block longer
I'm a little shaky on trusting the o line as well but so far so good. It's only been two games and a lot more to go but if we can keep this up we should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom