After years of futility, Miami Dolphins get offensive line and coach right. | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

After years of futility, Miami Dolphins get offensive line and coach right.

In all honesty, I feel you should have said the improvement is between "better than average" to "one of the best in the league".

The information presented carries no particular team bias's as far as I can tell. That means to me that arguments about a team's rating are probably due to the posters team bias.

In the case of your post, your bias is clearly "anti-team" bias which is characteristic of posts by "Lemmings".

Don't be afraid of predicting team wins and then being happy when we win!
That is what being a football fan is all about!
I have no idea what you're talking about. I wasn't replying to or discounting the poster's opinion, but rather the opinion of the writer of the article the original poster had linked.

Forgive me, but 16th in run blocking is average and 7th in pass blocking makes sense when your QB is releasing the football faster than any other QB in the league. If stating that there is improvement, but I'd like to see a bigger sample size than 2 games makes me a "Lemming", fine. I'd argue making a definitive statement that these particular linemen and OL coach are the "answer" = SB ready after 2 games, would put that person in the "aqua and orange pollyanna" category, if we're labeling people and all.

So the plan is to let pressure get to him faster than previous years, but count on him to get it out faster still?
No, but the game plan calls for more screens and quick passes to the edges. Those will have OL let rushers pass and affect a simplistic and no-context stat.

Of course there are more things to worry about than just snapping the ball as a center. However, as one of only 2 players to touch the ball on EVERY offensive play, ball security is extremely key as turnovers are typically one of the deciding factors in most games. I'd say anyone that's placed the ball on the ground at least once in each of the first 2 games is nullifying much of whatever good he is doing in other aspects of the game.
I want him to get better at it but we live with Waddle dropping ing a pass from time to time so we need to live with this. I'm very aware that a bad snap could cost us a game though

I'm definitely no expert and have a level of ignorance on the finer points of OL lol...but looking at simple math, .2 seconds faster pressure =/= better, from an effectiveness standpoint.

Do you have a link to these stats and what they’re measuring?

Time to release isn’t the same thing as time to pressure.

Do you have a link to these stats and what they’re measuring?

Time to release isn’t the same thing as time to pressure.

From what I’m seeing … Tua is getting the ball out incredibly quickly.

But that’s not because he’s under a lot of pressure. It’s how the offense is designed.

Definitely true that this helps our OLine but even if we had a much more dominant line … I’m not sure that would effect the scheme design. The whole idea is to get the ball into the receivers’ hands as quickly as possible.

And because we have such quick players … that’s happening well down the field.

We’re playing to our strengths, minimising our weaknesses and through two games it looks great.

Looking forward to seeing what we can do at home!

“If” professor “if” and only they know, only they know who messed up professor lol
Mr. “the oline gets NO credit” is one of the more uneducated comments I’ve heard this season, and congrats that came from you. One sack and hardly any pressures, over 100 yds rushing/gm at 4.3 YPC in two games, vs two elite defenses on the road and they get no damn credit? It’s one thing to be a fool and quite another to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

But that’s not because he’s under a lot of pressure. It’s how the offense is designed.

Definitely true that this helps our OLine but even if we had a much more dominant line … I’m not sure that would effect the scheme design. The whole idea is to get the ball into the receivers’ hands as quickly as possible.

We’re playing to our strengths, minimising our weaknesses and through two games it looks great.

Absolutely right. Our offense is designed this way, not that Tua is scared to sit in the pocket and take hits. We are also running the ball effectively at 4.3 YPC vs two of the best defenses in the NFL. The oline is playing really well.

I have no idea what you're talking about. I wasn't replying to or discounting the poster's opinion, but rather the opinion of the writer of the article the original poster had linked.

Forgive me, but 16th in run blocking is average and 7th in pass blocking makes sense when your QB is releasing the football faster than any other QB in the league. If stating that there is improvement, but I'd like to see a bigger sample size than 2 games makes me a "Lemming", fine. I'd argue making a definitive statement that these particular linemen and OL coach are the "answer" = SB ready after 2 games, would put that person in the "aqua and orange pollyanna" category, if we're labeling people and all.

Making excuses trying to use this team's growth and improvement as a basis for complaint is unforgivable!

See, you did it again. - LOL

Gotcha. I'm disappointed as anyone about the Jackson pick but I never stop rooting for them to turn it around. And we still haven't seen much play from him out of the coaching void of Flores and Co. We know that's done wonders elsewhere.
Jackson was a 20 yr old kid when he was drafted. Imagine you as a 20 yr old kid going up physically against +30 yr old grown ass men. Jax has played extremely well this year, so using your words he HAS turned it around.

Making excuses trying to use this team's growth and improvement as a basis for complaint is unforgivable!

See, you did it again. - LOL
Your troll game is strong. Well played.

troll trolling GIF

It seems to me that posters have a very short memory.

Against the Chargers there were quite a few plays that took longer to develop. The OL kept the middle clean and moved pressure to the outside. It allowed Tua to step up in the pocket, and it was beautiful to see compared to years past.

Last week, I believe, the game plan was to get the ball out as fast as possible because BB likes to push pressure up the middle and had a more physical DL than the Chargers.

Back
Top Bottom