After years of futility, Miami Dolphins get offensive line and coach right. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

After years of futility, Miami Dolphins get offensive line and coach right.

I don't disagree, but the Pats often create problems with guys like Judon and they were just invisible.

I still think it's Tua and scheme.

It really helps having a run game that can make the OL feel good. It's always been well known that letting guys build up positive energy in the run game is better than being attacked all the time in the passing game.

Tua quick release is absolutely a huge part of it. Out Thompson or White behind that line and they’re probably getting killed.

Which tells you the OL is good enough for 2.5 seconds.

I am of the firm belief that Tua is 100% covering for the O lines deficiency. If not for his quick release and processing, this O line would look bad.
Sadly, I get the same sense about our Oline.

Just want to throw in a 'Great job' to the coaching staff. The first two weeks have FAR exceded my hopes let alone my expectatations.

Tua's quick release certainly helps but the line itself has improved.

I did...credit to McDaniel and Tua. OL doesn't get any. What does it tell you, when QB pressure is getting to Tua .2 seconds faster than it did last year?

I'm not saying its the end of the world, and those were certainly 2 quality wins in my book...I just want a better OL, I still think it's one of the worst 2 units on the team. Maybe Armstead can bump it up a bit, but as of now, not impressed.
Oline doesn’t get any? Please provide your oline coaching resume.

Philadelphia’s Oline is what a top notch Oline looks like.

Ours is not that kind of Oline. McD’s schemes and play calling, and Tua’s superpowers, mask and cover up the deficiencies the Oline continues to have.

You don’t have to agree. Each of us sees it differently.

WRONG!!!! The important part is the dominant play of Connor not the minor issue with snaps. Listen to the head coach. It is important, but it is 2 out of 60 plays. Further, it is less than 1% at best of his contribution to the offense. Do not make a mountain out of a single grain of dirt!!!!!!
It is annoying though and has cost us the ball in good scoring position and if not fixed will probably cost us more balls in decent scoring position . Have to agree though it is a very small part of his plays and it`s not only on him to but Tua .

Of course not. That wasn’t my point at all. It was a response to “what if he doesn’t give up a sack all season.”

I’ve been hoping for good things for Jackson for a long time. I’m thrilled to see him holding down his spot.
Gotcha. I'm disappointed as anyone about the Jackson pick but I never stop rooting for them to turn it around. And we still haven't seen much play from him out of the coaching void of Flores and Co. We know that's done wonders elsewhere.

that's just you......I could probably snap the ball well every time but I couldn’t do anything else right.......his main job is to make the line calls and to block and he's doing that at a high level.
Of course there are more things to worry about than just snapping the ball as a center. However, as one of only 2 players to touch the ball on EVERY offensive play, ball security is extremely key as turnovers are typically one of the deciding factors in most games. I'd say anyone that's placed the ball on the ground at least once in each of the first 2 games is nullifying much of whatever good he is doing in other aspects of the game.

Of course there are more things to worry about than just snapping the ball as a center. However, as one of only 2 players to touch the ball on EVERY offensive play, ball security is extremely key as turnovers are typically one of the deciding factors in most games. I'd say anyone that's placed the ball on the ground at least once in each of the first 2 games is nullifying much of whatever good he is doing in other aspects of the game.
I don't remember Williams doing that in Foxborough. I remember a snap that was about knee high, but that's it.

Back
Top Bottom