Agent David Canter: Naanee will be the #1, mark my words | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Agent David Canter: Naanee will be the #1, mark my words

I honestly dunno know much about legedu, but we people can't just assumed this guy is a bench warmer or 4th wr. Theres alot of great talent in the NFL buried in the depth charts and practice squads.Hopefully this guy can be a #1 im all in for it as for any other player I support em if they gon help us win, simple as that. This guy ran a 4.41 so he should be able to run a fly route once ina while.

I'm not assuming anything. I've seen every throw that Cam Newton threw at him in 2011. He's only rosterable to a team that is bereft of talent. Most teams have veterans that are far more talented, and then rookies/young players that they would keep over Naanee because of their potential. Legedu is caught in that no-man's land where he's probably talented enough to be the #4 or #5 receiver on many teams, but those teams have #1 thru #3 receivers who are clearly better than Naanee, and then the #4 and #5 spots are reserved for younger guys who may or may not also be currently better than Naanee, but are certainly younger and thought to have more potential.

Why do people think the Panthers let him go, if he's so talented? Why did the Chargers let him go?

The Panthers have 14 wide receivers on roster. Steve Smith, David Gettis, Brandon LaFell and newly drafted Joe Adams may be relatively locked in, but the Panthers thought Legedu Naanee didn't fit in with a back-10 that includes Seyi Ajirotutu, Kealoha Pilares, Nelson Rosario, Armanti Edwards, Darvin Adams, Wes Kemp, Rico Wallace, Chris Manno, Brenton Bersin and Jared Green. Why is that?

I answer myself...because he's not any better than the veterans that are on that roster (Steve Smith, David Gettis, Brandon LaFell and Seyi Ajirotutu) and the young players are more valuable to keep around for their potential...potential they feel Naanee lacks.

Naanee can run. He's got good quicks. He knows NFL routes. If the coverage is favorable, he's going to get open. He'll usually catch the ball. But if the ball placement is off, you're likely to see the ball carom off his hands and go into the hands of the defense on a tip drill. When he does catch the ball, do not count on any yards after the catch unless he's got wide open space in front of him, and even then only as many yards as the nearest defensive player allows until he can respond. Do not count on him to pull down very many contested balls. Do not count on him to ever get open deep and pull in an over the shoulder catch.

He's the very definition of "just a guy" at the NFL level.

The sad thing is that on this team he'll probably actually make it. He's the only guy aside from Bess and Hartline that has actually caught passes during games. But you could be right. Ireland loves to cut veterans when they don't prove to be that much better than young players. The Dolphins have enough young guys like Pruitt, Moore, Wallace, Fuller, Moye, Cunningham and Matthews that there's a halfway decent chance three of them look compelling enough get Legedu cut. Pruitt I only mention because he was a demon on special teams in the second half of the year and you do need guys like that.

If I had to keep a roster from among these guys...I'd go with Hartline, Bess, Matthews (PR), Pruitt (ST), Gates and if Jeff Fuller or Derek Moye look compelling enough, I might bring one of them up to the roster so as not to risk them getting stolen. Fuller in particular could have some other teams eyeballing him in the preseason.

We're in much bigger trouble than even I thought if that's the case. This guy absolutely sucks.

Why on earth Miami gave this guy a flyer on not Plaxico... I will never know.

BJ Cunningham can't catch a cold. Matthews hasn't shown a single thing

But the question is can Matthews, Pruitt, Gates, and Fuller catch passes with consistency in Philbin's offense? If they can't run clean routes and catch the ball consistently, then their value may decrease substantially when compared with Naanee. This is an offense that might just be in need of "a guy" to fill a list of receivers on the field.

The young guys need to step it up and take it away from Naanee.

The sad thing is that on this team he'll probably actually make it. He's the only guy aside from Bess and Hartline that has actually caught passes during games. But you could be right. Ireland loves to cut veterans when they don't prove to be that much better than young players. The Dolphins have enough young guys like Pruitt, Moore, Wallace, Fuller, Moye, Cunningham and Matthews that there's a halfway decent chance three of them look compelling enough get Legedu cut. Pruitt I only mention because he was a demon on special teams in the second half of the year and you do need guys like that.

If I had to keep a roster from among these guys...I'd go with Hartline, Bess, Matthews (PR), Pruitt (ST), Gates and if Jeff Fuller or Derek Moye look compelling enough, I might bring one of them up to the roster so as not to risk them getting stolen. Fuller in particular could have some other teams eyeballing him in the preseason.

Why on earth Miami gave this guy a flyer on not Plaxico... I will never know.

BJ Cunningham can't catch a cold. Matthews hasn't shown a single thing

Its OTAs bro. Very few people shine in OTAs.

People who shine disapear, people who don't win starting jobs

Did Nanee cut his dreads?
Caus i know Gates/Smith/Bess did right

I always liked Nanee in San Diego. He's got that freakish build to him and he caught a lot of deep balls. Just seemed that Chargers had too many weapons. I thought he was going to break out then he was pretty pedestrian when it was his chance to shine.

Physically I think he can be a go to guy but don't think he will ever be that guy.

Naanee did catch 44 passes last year. Wallace and Moore did nothing and Gate only caught 2 or 3 passes. Actually Naanee caught more than Hartline. Not a recommendation just saying he's at least played a little.

It's funny how people can read a sentence and come up with their own meaning to it.....I'm pretty sure DC wasn't referring to Naanee becoming the #1 receiver for the Dolphins

Really how do we know he wasn't saying that Naanee was requesting the jersey number 1

We're in much bigger trouble than even I thought if that's the case. This guy absolutely sucks.

Living in the NY area, thats what most Giants fans said about Victor Cruz and most of the Giants reporters thought Cruz would not even make the roster

Wes Welker on the Dolphins was only good for a few catches a game if that....

Davone Bess....no shot to make the roster as UDFA

Laurent Robinson was just a scrub in between Dez Bryant and Miles Austin

Anything can change every season in the NFL, you think Bills fans were jumping for joy saying "yes we got our #1 WR"........ the 224th pick in the draft in the 7th Round.....Stevie Johnson

Back
Top Bottom