Agent David Canter: Naanee will be the #1, mark my words | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Agent David Canter: Naanee will be the #1, mark my words

Living in the NY area, thats what most Giants fans said about Victor Cruz and most of the Giants reporters thought Cruz would not even make the roster

Wes Welker on the Dolphins was only good for a few catches a game if that....

Davone Bess....no shot to make the roster as UDFA

Laurent Robinson was just a scrub in between Dez Bryant and Miles Austin

Anything can change every season in the NFL, you think Bills fans were jumping for joy saying "yes we got our #1 WR"........ the 224th pick in the draft in the 7th Round.....Stevie Johnson

Have you watched Legedu Naanee play football? If you have I'm all ears on your opinion of his talent. But if the best you have to offer is the "you never know..." argument then that's not really worth much because that argument can and does apply to every player on every 90 man training camp roster everywhere. Brenton Bersin a scrub? I remember a time when people thought Jimmy Smith was a scrub. He's had a pretty good career. See how I did that?

Really at this point in the season Miami does not have many options. We have a bunch of #2-#5 WR's and just have to deal with it. The light at the end of the tunnel gets a litter darker as well when you think about a new system on offense and the defense is switching to a 4-3 base. We really only have 1 good pass rusher on the DL. Our defense will be the strongest part of our team and will help keep us in plenty of games.

The point is... We got him and it fits the mold for this season. If we surprise teams it will be with a season that ends with a loss in the first round. If we fall apart it will be with the season ending with a Top 3 pick. Chances are we will be a middle of the pack team that has some ups and plenty of downs.

I don't think our current WR's are going to make a huge jump as a unit. We may have a gem... we will find out soon. But as of now our WR corp is one of the weakest in the NFL and requires a lot of attention next season and the season after that I would think...

Still going to have fun watching them this season! If we have some good drafts and keep the core guys it might even be a lot of fun in 3-4 years.

Have you watched Legedu Naanee play football? If you have I'm all ears on your opinion of his talent. But if the best you have to offer is the "you never know..." argument then that's not really worth much because that argument can and does apply to every player on every 90 man training camp roster everywhere. Brenton Bersin a scrub? I remember a time when people thought Jimmy Smith was a scrub. He's had a pretty good career. See how I did that?

same way anybody on a message board can say this player sucks and that player sucks before they step on the field with their new team, ala Reggie Bush was just a punt returner and a 3rd down pass catching option coming into last season, same way Canadian football players dont translate into pro-bowl double digit top 5 pass rushers, i know its easy to say "you never know" but its just as easy to say "you know" a player "sucks"

same way anybody on a message board can say this player sucks and that player sucks before they step on the field with their new team, ala Reggie Bush was just a punt returner and a 3rd down pass catching option coming into last season, same way Canadian football players dont translate into pro-bowl double digit top 5 pass rushers, i know its easy to say "you never know" but its just as easy to say "you know" a player "sucks"

So then your position is that nobody who says anything about players on a message board watches any football whatsoever?

I think this is the "#1" his agent was "marking words" .... remember it from my college drinking days ....

There once was a priest named Nanee
Who went to the garden to pee
He said, Pasco viscum,
Why won't the piss come?
I must have the C-L-A-P!

Oh, Ay yi yi-yi
freshmen never eat puzzy.
So here comes another verse
that's worse than the other verse.
So, waltz me around
by my willy.

Last edited by a moderator:
So then your position is that nobody who says anything about players on a message board watches any football whatsoever?

While I disagree with his point, you're oversimplifying his argument to a pretty shameful extreme for the sake of almost strawmanning his argument.

I think this is the "#1" his agent was "marking words" .... remember it from my college drinking days ....

There once was a priest named Nanee
Who went to the garden to pee
He said, Pasco viscum,
Why won't the piss come?
I must have the C-L-A-P!

Oh, Ay yi yi-yi
freshmen never eat puzzy.
So here comes another verse
that's worse than the other verse.
So, waltz me around
by my willy.

Are you drunk? lol

Still, clearly the agent is just trying to pump up his client's market value. Can't put much stock in any of this.

What was his agent susposed to say. "I think my client will be lucky to make the team and has no chance to be the #1 reciever"

It's his agent for christ sake. Drew would have said he'll lead the league in recieving and be all pro for sure.

for those who think this guy is a scrub, at least they have history on thier side. dude has done nothing at all to warrent number 1 talk.

Sounds like a case of the 'what have you done for me latelys'. Naanee probably won't be the #1 WR b/c he hasn't shown that he's capable of being that guy. That still doesn't mean he can't somehow find his way to being that guy for the Dolphins.

Earlier in this thread someone said B.J. Cunningham can't catch a cold. So what.....is he never going to play in the NFL b/c of this opinion?

Sounds like a case of the 'what have you done for me latelys'. Naanee probably won't be the #1 WR b/c he hasn't shown that he's capable of being that guy. That still doesn't mean he can't somehow find his way to being that guy for the Dolphins.

Earlier in this thread someone said B.J. Cunningham can't catch a cold. So what.....is he never going to play in the NFL b/c of this opinion?

No, but it's a hell of a lot useful observation than "You never know..."

His stat look to improving year by year. Based on stats he's projected to catch 50+ balls this year.

Not at all, not sure why you keep trying to put words in my mouth with retorical questions....

Back
Top Bottom