Ahhh, what the hell ... Matt Moore > Mark Sanchez | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ahhh, what the hell ... Matt Moore > Mark Sanchez

LoL the problem here is that only Junc credits sanchez with the AFC championship games NO ONE ELSE. you heard about flacco, you heard about Big Ben, Heck, you even heard about matt ryan and hear about cam newton.

but you rarely hear about sanchez in the same convo.

the reason is b/c its all about the jets defense and the talent they've stacked over the last several years, even before Rex. Its all about rex's coaching and about his Defense. its not about mark sanchez and everyone knows it. In Fact, i recall a special limited color code being used just to keep mark in check in the postseason.

09' Chargers Elite? :lol: Yep, a team that only won 3 games against teams with a winning record and loses to a 9-7 Jets team in the playoffs is Elite. No wonder you think the Jets are elite as well. :chuckle:

The 02' Raiders had a more difficult schedule and won 6 games against teams with winning records. You keep saying the 09' Chargers are better than the 02' Raiders, but have nothing to back it up with. I have shown you the facts that the 02' Raiders beat better competition, and made it to the Super Bowl.

It is really funny that you think the banged up 10' Colts team (A team that is now 0-10 without Manning), had more talent than the 04 Chargers with Brees, L.T (in his prime) and Gates. The 04 Chargers were 9-1 going into the playoffs, and had a 12-4 record. The 10' Colts 5-4 heading into the playoffs with a 10-6 record. You can have your own opinions, but the facts point to the 04' Charger being better than the banged up 10' Colts team.

I've already posted the #'s between the 2, and Sanchez #'s are slightly better and he had a better O-line and running game. Sanchez #'s are not MUCH, MUCH better. Put Pennington on the 09' or 10' Jets, and I bet they make the Super Bowl. I really hope the Jets can get a WC this year so you will be able to see what Sanchez can do without being carried by the running game and D.

The Chargers were the pick by most to reach the SB fromt he AFC, they were an elite reg season team.

The Raiders sched was not more difficult, there were a bunch of mediocre teams so it made the SOS look tougher. The '02 Raiders faced the '02 Jets in the playoffs then an average Ten team for the title game, the '10 Jets were better than those teams by a wide margin.

The '11 team is not the '10 team, the '11 team does not have a competent QB(if they did they'd have won 4-5 games by now) and they quit.

The '04 Chargers in that 9-1 stretch beat:

7-9 Carolina
5-11 Oak
8-8 NO
5-11 Oak
7-9 KC
10-6 Den
5-11 TB
4-12 Cle
7-9 KC

The one win against a playoff team came againat a team that would lose 49-24 in the WC round.

So when the '09 Chargers have a better record than the '02 Raiders the Raiders are better but when the '04 Chargers have a better record than the '10- colts they are better? It's not black and white w/ just the records, this was Brees, LT and Gates FIRST playoff game, Brees has not been a great postseason performaer outside of 2009.

Sanchez's #s are signficantly better than penningon as is his record playing all postseason games on the road.

The Chargers were the pick by most to reach the SB fromt he AFC, they were an elite reg season team.

The Raiders sched was not more difficult, there were a bunch of mediocre teams so it made the SOS look tougher. The '02 Raiders faced the '02 Jets in the playoffs then an average Ten team for the title game, the '10 Jets were better than those teams by a wide margin.

The '11 team is not the '10 team, the '11 team does not have a competent QB(if they did they'd have won 4-5 games by now) and they quit.

The '04 Chargers in that 9-1 stretch beat:

7-9 Carolina
5-11 Oak
8-8 NO
5-11 Oak
7-9 KC
10-6 Den
5-11 TB
4-12 Cle
7-9 KC

The one win against a playoff team came againat a team that would lose 49-24 in the WC round.

So when the '09 Chargers have a better record than the '02 Raiders the Raiders are better but when the '04 Chargers have a better record than the '10- colts they are better? It's not black and white w/ just the records, this was Brees, LT and Gates FIRST playoff game, Brees has not been a great postseason performaer outside of 2009.

Sanchez's #s are signficantly better than penningon as is his record playing all postseason games on the road.

The Raiders beating mediocre teams, and making the Super Bowl is better than the Chargers beating bad teams and losing their first playoff game. The most important thing is how you do in the playoffs. It is not about beating bad teams in the regular season. The team that goes further in the playoffs is the better team. If both teams got knocked out in the first playoff game, then you go to what they did in the regualr season and compare who they played.

Both the 10' Colts and 04' Chargers were 1 and done, so the only thing you can use to measure who was better is the regular season wins.

The Colts were 10-6, and the Chargers were 12-4. The Chargers were 9-1 entering the playoffs.

The 10' Colts were 5-4 going into the playoffs and the 5 wins were against:

4-12 Cincinnati
6-10 Tennessee
8-8 Jaguars
8-8 Raiders
6-10 Tennessee

It is hard to compare one team to another in the past, becasue things are different, but everything we have to go on says that the 04' Chargers were better. You can have a different opinion, but I'll side with the facts.

I'm heading out, so have a Happy Thanksgiving junc! We both can be thankful that the Jets have Sanchez at QB. :lol:

The Raiders beating mediocre teams, and making the Super Bowl is better than the Chargers beating bad teams and losing their first playoff game. The most important thing is how you do in the playoffs. It is not about beating bad teams in the regular season. The team that goes further in the playoffs is the better team. If both teams got knocked out in the first playoff game, then you go to what they did in the regualr season and compare who they played.

Both the 10' Colts and 04' Chargers were 1 and done, so the only thing you can use to measure who was better is the regular season wins.

The 10' Colts were 5-4 in their last 9 games and won against:

4-12 Cincinnati
6-10 Tennessee
8-8 Jaguars
8-8 Raiders
6-10 Tennessee

It is hard to compare one team to another in the past, becasue things are different, but everything we have to go on says that the 04' Chargers were better. You can have a different opinion, but I'll side with the facts.

I'm heading out, so have a Happy Thanksgiving junc! We both can be thankful that the Jets have Sanchez at QB. :lol:

Unfortunately for the 2009 Chargers they ran into us, the '09 Chargers beat the '02 Jets and the '09 or '10 Jets beat the '02 Raiders and '04 Steelers.

The '10 Colts also had a championship pedigree, they won a SB recently and were defending AFC Champs while the '04 Chargers were in their first playoff game as a team.

I'll side w/ my eyes who saw all of those teams play.

You have a Happy Thanksgiving as well, be safe on your trip. I am thankful for mark, I don't get why a dolphin would be since we have always been better w/ him:chuckle:

Geeze i live 2 miles from the Jets practice facility and let me tell you the Jets fans have had it with Sanchez, this guy should be getting better by now but instead he is regressing. He will be a career backup soon enough.

Unfortunately for the 2009 Chargers they ran into us, the '09 Chargers beat the '02 Jets and the '09 or '10 Jets beat the '02 Raiders and '04 Steelers.

The '10 Colts also had a championship pedigree, they won a SB recently and were defending AFC Champs while the '04 Chargers were in their first playoff game as a team.

You have a Happy Thanksgiving as well, be safe on your trip. I am thankful for mark, I don't get why a dolphin would be since we have always been better w/ him:chuckle:

I don't get this. If you had 1 of some other 25 starting QBS in the NFL and possible another 2 or 3 backups the Jets would have been a lot better off. Instead of winning wildcard games you guys may have won a division title making a playoff run a little easier. The Jets IMO have been slowed by Sanchez. If the would have not threw away all those picks to move up and went with a vet QB along the way the Jets would be a big thorn in Fin fans sides. Thats why fin fans love Sanchez. With a competent vet QB the Jets could have been a real nightmare.

[/B]I don't get this. If you had 1 of some other 25 starting QBS in the NFL and possible another 2 or 3 backups the Jets would have been a lot better off. Instead of winning wildcard games you guys may have won a division title making a playoff run a little easier. The Jets IMO have been slowed by Sanchez. If the would have not threw away all those picks to move up and went with a vet QB along the way the Jets would be a big thorn in Fin fans sides. Thats why fin fans love Sanchez. With a competent vet QB the Jets could have been a real nightmare.

we won WC and div rd games something only 5 of the 16 div winners from the past 2 years have done. Making the title game is a much bigger deal than just winning a div title. If we had other perceived better QBs who can't play in postseason we may not have seen a title game.

You guys can love him and keep looking up at us as you compete w/ Buffalo for 3rd place.

I wouldn't trust those if I were you. Those eyes told you that Sanchez is a franchise QB and that the Jets are elite. They lie!

BTW Sanchez has lost more games to the Dolphins than he has won. I'm thankful he is a Jet as well.

I wouldn't trust those if I were you. Those eyes told you that Sanchez is a franchise QB and that the Jets are elite. They lie!

BTW Sanchez has lost more games to the Dolphins than he has won. I'm thankful he is a Jet as well.

That's ok, he's led us to 28 wins over the last 2 1/2 years, Miami has won 17

we won WC and div rd games something only 5 of the 16 div winners from the past 2 years have done. Making the title game is a much bigger deal than just winning a div title. If we had other perceived better QBs who can't play in postseason we may not have seen a title game.

You guys can love him and keep looking up at us as you compete w/ Buffalo for 3rd place.

You do realize your team is only 2 games better then a squad that started 0-7, right?

Okay, just checking.

That's ok, he's led us to 28 wins over the last 2 1/2 years, Miami has won 17

The Dolphins as a team has stunk the last 2 1/2 years. We all know and see that. We also see Sanchez being carried to 28 wins in 2 1/2 years.

You do realize your team is only 2 games better then a squad that started 0-7, right?

Okay, just checking.

2 games is pretty big at this point in the year, we are 2 games behind NE and have no shot at the division like you guys have no shot at the playoffs.

The Dolphins as a team has stunk the last 2 1/2 years. We all know and see that. We also see Sanchez being carried to 28 wins in 2 1/2 years.

Rationalize it any way you want, our team around the QB isn't good enough to carry a bad QB to all these wins.

2 games is pretty big at this point in the year, we are 2 games behind NE and have no shot at the division like you guys have no shot at the playoffs.

Rationalize it any way you want, our team around the QB isn't good enough to carry a bad QB to all these wins.

Big or not, it's an illustration of the Jets' ineptitude as a team.

Last time I checked, you guys aren't exactly a shoe-in for the playoffs either.

Not this year. That is why they are .500 like the Broncos, Bills, and Titans, and 1 game ahead of the Chiefs, and Browns.

Big or not, it's an illustration of the Jets' ineptitude as a team.

Last time I checked, you guys aren't exactly a shoe-in for the playoffs either.

we are inept at 5-5, what does that make the 3-7 phins?

we were 4-6 2 years ago and made the title game so there's a long way to go.

Back
Top Bottom