Ahhh, what the hell ... Matt Moore > Mark Sanchez | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ahhh, what the hell ... Matt Moore > Mark Sanchez

I know I am not going to convince you that '08 NE and Mia were on par with Dallas this year. I just don't think Dallas is much more than an average team. Maybe I'm wrong. We will see what happens when the playoffs get here.

You brought up a bunch of mistakes the Jets made when they were already losing the game. The Jets did not outplay any of those teams. That is totally different than leading the game in the 4th quarter and having a meltdown when that is the only way the other team was going to win. Again, Dallas gets NO credit for the meltdown. They blew it, which is almost worse than being outplayed.

Why should the Jets get credit on the blocked punt? Yes, they made the play, but the lineman allowed the guy to come through untouched. It wasn't like he made a move, or shed the block. It was a Dallas mistake that had little to do with the Jets. It is similar to the McKnight fumble against NE. The only difference is Dallas was winning against the Jets late in the 4th (The Jets scored a TD on that play), and the Jets were losing to NE early in the 3rd (NE still had to go 15 yards on O and it only led to a FG)

Both of those turnovers had little to do with the ST, and had more to do with the other team making a mistake, so I don't feel like they deserve credit.

Not all turnovers are the same. You have to see what happened and give credit where it is due. Give me some examples of where I didn't give credit to the Jets for a play, but I gave it to another team on the same type of play.

Do I think Dallas is a great team? absolutely not but they are a good one, 3 of their 4 losses have been nailbiters and using your logic they should be at least 9-2 since they gave 2 games away. Miami and NE in 2008 were not even really average teams, Miami showed they couldn't compete when facing Baltimore in the WC rd at home.

We made plenty of mistakes when the game was tied or we were winning too. What if Holmes doesn't slip on the opening possession vs. NE? we lead 7-0 instead of missing a 24 yd FG. We can find those excuses every week, the bottom line is we made plays to beat Dallas and those other teams made plays to beat us. Someone had to get through the line to block the punt, someone forced the fumble on Romo, someone confused Romo to throw that pick.

Do I think Dallas is a great team? absolutely not but they are a good one, 3 of their 4 losses have been nailbiters and using your logic they should be at least 9-2 since they gave 2 games away. Miami and NE in 2008 were not even really average teams, Miami showed they couldn't compete when facing Baltimore in the WC rd at home.

We made plenty of mistakes when the game was tied or we were winning too. What if Holmes doesn't slip on the opening possession vs. NE? we lead 7-0 instead of missing a 24 yd FG. We can find those excuses every week, the bottom line is we made plays to beat Dallas and those other teams made plays to beat us. Someone had to get through the line to block the punt, someone forced the fumble on Romo, someone confused Romo to throw that pick.

Dallas could have been 9-2, but they blew the games against Det, and the Jets. Dallas doesn't get any credit for the games they gave away. I don't just look at regular season records when I judge how good or bad a team is. '08 Bal was a very good team that made it to the AFCC game that year. They blew out NE, in NE the next year. You can say the Dolphins were bad becasue they lost at home to Bal, but so would a lot of other teams including the '09, and '10 Jets.

A win is a win, and I never said different. I can see when it is from great O, D, or ST, and when it is from the other team not doing what they should. The Jets don't get any credit for the mistakes they make or any games they give away, and neither does any other team. I don't consider the mistakes the Jets have made as giving the game away. Maybe the Bronco game, but even in that one they were still ahead late in the 4th and allowed Den to drive 95 yards for the win. In the games they have lost, they have not been playing good enough to win, even without the turnovers. To me, giving a game away means that you have the game won if you play smart, but the team doesn't and makes mistakes that have little to do with the other team.

Dallas could have been 9-2, but they blew the games against Det, and the Jets. Dallas doesn't get any credit for the games they gave away. I don't just look at regular season records when I judge how good or bad a team is. '08 Bal was a very good team that made it to the AFCC game that year. They blew out NE, in NE the next year. You can say the Dolphins were bad becasue they lost at home to Bal, but so would a lot of other teams including the '09, and '10 Jets.

A win is a win, and I never said different. I can see when it is from great O, D, or ST, and when it is from the other team not doing what they should. The Jets don't get any credit for the mistakes they make or any games they give away, and neither does any other team. I don't consider the mistakes the Jets have made as giving the game away. Maybe the Bronco game, but even in that one they were still ahead late in the 4th and allowed Den to drive 95 yards for the win. In the games they have lost, they have not been playing good enough to win, even without the turnovers. To me, giving a game away means that you have the game won if you play smart, but the team doesn't and makes mistakes that have little to do with the other team.

Baltimore hadn't won a playoff game prior to that '08 game since 2001(also a win at Miami in the WC rd). let's not pretend they were some unstoppable force.

We didn't play Baltimore in '09 and we lost by a pt at home in week 1, very different than getting humiliated in the playoffs at home.

Baltimore hadn't won a playoff game prior to that '08 game since 2001(also a win at Miami in the WC rd). let's not pretend they were some unstoppable force.

We didn't play Baltimore in '09 and we lost by a pt at home in week 1, very different than getting humiliated in the playoffs at home.

Why do you always use what a team did in the past as an example of what kind of team they are in the present. You make it out like since they hadn't won a playoff game in 7 years they weren't any good. Things change. They had a new coaching staff, and roster changes at key positions. They made the AFCC game that year just like the Jets (who you call elite) did in '09, and '10. What a team did or didn't do in the past really doesn't mean much. The Saints had never won a Super Bowl before 2009. So what?

The Jets played Bal in '09 and it was week 1. Comparing a week 1 matchup to a playoff matchup is just silly.

Back
Top Bottom