Ahmad Brooks | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ahmad Brooks

God damnit! Am I the only one here who is tired of giving up draft picks?

I really want to get him, but I'd have to see some workouts before I decide what's worth giving up for him. When is the Supp. Draft this year anyway?

Last year's was mid July. You'd be better served getting your hands on game film rather than workout tape.

Boomer said:
Last year's was mid July. You'd be better served getting your hands on game film rather than workout tape.
I've seen him play about 3 times and I'm very impressed with his ability. I only want to see some workouts(recent ones) because I've heard he's had issues with his weight and his health and I want to see how he looks as of right now.

PatsSuck456 said:
God damnit! Am I the only one here who is tired of giving up draft picks?

Technically we are drafting a player...thats kinda what you do with the picks

I would like a full set of draft picks for next year, thats all I want to see.

I highly doubt anyone gives up a first day pick for the guy. Its a similar situation to that of Hollings a few years ago, when the Texans blew a second rounder. I really think that made teams leery of drafting these incredibly athletic idiots who cant seem to find a way to stay on the football field.

Ferretsquig said:
I highly doubt anyone gives up a first day pick for the guy. Its a similar situation to that of Hollings a few years ago, when the Texans blew a second rounder. I really think that made teams leery of drafting these incredibly athletic idiots who cant seem to find a way to stay on the football field.

I'm sorry, but in no way shape or form does the drafting of Tony Hollings compare with the skill set of Ahmad Brooks.

Boomer said:
Like I said, if I got that straightened out and was absolutely convinced of his personality and his health and his commitment, then you'd be left with a very difficult decision."

Great information, thanks! After going through the Ricky fiasco, I'd hate to get his long-lost brother in attitude :rolleyes: . But I do say that Saban would be the best coach in the league at finding what motivates him and pushing his buttons. I say the 'Fins would only go as high as a fourth rounder for him.

Boomer said:
I'm sorry, but in no way shape or form does the drafting of Tony Hollings compare with the skill set of Ahmad Brooks.

Yeh Hollings had a 10 cent head and Brooks has the 2 cent version. I realize you draftnicks love to salivate over a player like Brooks who is an amazing athlete, but noone will give up a high pick for an idiot. I'm confident it wasnt just the weed that got him kicked off the team. This had been building up for a while. I'll trust Groh's judgement on this one. If hes willing to part with a player with those gifts there are some serious issues.

Ferretsquig said:
Yeh Hollings had a 10 cent head and Brooks has the 2 cent version. I realize you draftnicks love to salivate over a player like Brooks who is an amazing athlete, but noone will give up a high pick for an idiot. I'm confident it wasnt just the weed that got him kicked off the team. This had been building up for a while. I'll trust Groh's judgement on this one. If hes willing to part with a player with those gifts there are some serious issues.

And Hollings was a 10 cent player and Brooks is a $100 bucks guy if we're doing the financial comparisons.

You use Hollings as an example, then say no-one would give up a high pick for an idiot. Yet Hollings was a 2nd rounder in the Supplemental Draft. I don't get it.

What I do agree with is that there is more to the Brooks story than we've been led to believe, unless it is just repeat offences in extremis.

First- who was hollings?

Saban has done a wonderful job of keeping players focused and committed, even troubled ones like Boston(didn't have a problem before the re-injury) and williams. If the front office evaluates brooks as a troubled but correctable talent i'm all for giving up the a draft pick.

I seem to recall this time last year when manuel wright was in the Supp. and many posters, (and some reports, i think)
thought he would only be had for a 2nd. I understand Brooks is a more dominant player at this time, but the market definately was lower than expected.
Is a fourth round pick possible to get brooks? it is an early first day, and we would be ahead of 16 teams using the same round. Also many people here complain that a fourth round pick, unlike joe toledo, should be able to start or contribute in their first year. Will brooks be able to do that?

Boomer said:
And Hollings was a 10 cent player and Brooks is a $100 bucks guy if we're doing the financial comparisons.

You use Hollings as an example, then say no-one would give up a high pick for an idiot. Yet Hollings was a 2nd rounder in the Supplemental Draft. I don't get it.

What I do agree with is that there is more to the Brooks story than we've been led to believe, unless it is just repeat offences in extremis.

The point is Hollings and players like him have made nfl GMs gunshy. He has done nothing for the Texans after having such high expectations. I think nfl gms are very leery of giving up a high pick for anyone in the supplemental draft. I highly doubt he would go before the 4th round.

phinfan77 said:
First- who was hollings?

Saban has done a wonderful job of keeping players focused and committed, even troubled ones like Boston(didn't have a problem before the re-injury) and williams. If the front office evaluates brooks as a troubled but correctable talent i'm all for giving up the a draft pick.

I seem to recall this time last year when manuel wright was in the Supp. and many posters, (and some reports, i think)
thought he would only be had for a 2nd. I understand Brooks is a more dominant player at this time, but the market definately was lower than expected.
Is a fourth round pick possible to get brooks? it is an early first day, and we would be ahead of 16 teams using the same round. Also many people here complain that a fourth round pick, unlike joe toledo, should be able to start or contribute in their first year. Will brooks be able to do that?

Tony Hollings was a Georgia Tech running back who was the nation's leading runner in 2002 before tearing his ACL and the meniscal cartilage in his right knee against BYU. He was academically ineligible and thus jumped ship, ran a 4.47, repped 17 on the bench, jumped 37 inches and the Texans gave up a 2 for him in the Supplemental Draft.

In his 3 year career he has 49 carries for 149 yards.

As for the Wright/Brooks comparison, as a freshman and a sophomore, Brooks looked like a once in a decade linebacker. Wright did not.

If Brooks meets the criteria I set out on page 1 then he SHOULD go much higher than a 4. I wouldn't be surprised, if he checks out, to see him go for a 1 or a 2. And if Brooks is healthy and in shape, then yes, he should contribute early and often.

Back
Top Bottom