Ahmad Brooks | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ahmad Brooks

dolfan3431 said:
he is a 6'4 beast but is he a OLB or ILB

He can play both.

http://www.nflfans.com/x/2006/showpl...hmad%20Brooks*

Pros: Great size, speed, jumping ability, and athleticism - the whole package when it comes to physical attributes. Terrific coverage and pass rushing skills. Sideline to sideline type of linebacker that can chase down the fastest of running backs and cover TEs and RBs well. Very hard hitting while being a good wrap-up tackler as well. Good at stuffing the run up the middle. Trained in the 3-4 scheme under Al Groh (former Parcells/Belichick protege) so should be able to come in and start immediately for any 3-4 team. With his speed, athleticism and pass rush skills, should be able to handle any LB spot inside or outside. Can take over a game with his defensive play.
Cons:Had minor knee surgery during the offseason, came back and sprained his ankle. Returned out of shape and not fully healed from ankle sprain. Not producing much this past season because of injuries because he's only played in about half the season. Questions could be raised about his work ethic from this past season. Although a disciplined player for the most part, tends to freelance once in awhile. In 2003, was caught with marijuana but no other reported incidents since.

Philter25 said:
Im actually suprised some people would go that high on Brooks. I dunno, it seems that BEFORE the supp draft, a player's value might be overshot. IIRC last year a lot of reports were saying Miami or Cincy might take Manny Wright in the 3rd..... and that was a few days before the draft. Now Im not trying to compare Manny Wright to Brooks. Personally, I would throw a 3rd or 4th at Brooks. When healthy and without all the problems, he easily can be a 1st round pick. However looking at the total picture, we desperately need help at LB. 2-3 years down the road, the only guy we will have here is Crowder. It would be nice to pick up a young guy who can jump into the mix for a bargain, as we did with Manny Wright. Of course he would haveto sit down and have a confess-all with Saban and clear up all his problems. With our LB corps and considering we offered Marcus Vick a contract, who IMO has WAY more problems than Ahmad Brooks, I would bet that we do at the least take a look at him.

PERFECTLY SAID.

If they want to spend a 1st on Brooks then they can have him.

Winbaby#23 said:
Boomer, what round do you think he will go in the supplemental draft, and do you think Saban will try and draft him??

Depends whether he meets the criteria I set out earlier in this thread. If he's fit, healthy, his weight is in check and his head is in check, then he's a top 7 pick at worst.

5/23 Brooks update:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9447397

Brooks is tentatively scheduled to hold a workout for pro scouts on June 2 at the University of Virginia. Cavaliers head coach Al Groh, along with Brooks' position coach and trainer, will be on hand to talk to the NFL personnel guys before the workout.

Brooks has been training in Atlanta with Chip Smith. As of yesterday, his weight was 274 -- he has a target weight of 265 for the workout. Brooks, who played linebacker in college but might project as a Julius Peppers-type defensive end in the pros, missed six games with a right knee injury last year...

....mabey I'll adjust that prediction from 5th rounder to undrafted. 274 and hes going to try to drop 10 pounds in a week? What an idiot. How do you blow this one chance? He had months to work with a personal trainer. Oh well...

Ferretsquig said:
....mabey I'll adjust that prediction from 5th rounder to undrafted. 274 and hes going to try to drop 10 pounds in a week? What an idiot. How do you blow this one chance? He had months to work with a personal trainer. Oh well...
Thats not too much heavier than Shaun Merriman.

Ferretsquig said:

uhh he dropped 10 lbs in a month and he was 274 about a week ago so tahts another 3 weeks he has.

boomer,
going by thread logic here, but if you say he's a top 7 pick if all criteria are met, and other teams, the patriots being mentioned, are high on him. he is ready to play in an nfl scheme b ecaus he learned under groh and looks like a more athletic ray lewis. Olb is our biggest need.

i could see paYING A SECOND FOR THIS GUY. a first if that's what it took.

phinfan77 said:
boomer,
going by thread logic here, but if you say he's a top 7 pick if all criteria are met, and other teams, the patriots being mentioned, are high on him. he is ready to play in an nfl scheme b ecaus he learned under groh and looks like a more athletic ray lewis. Olb is our biggest need.

i could see paYING A SECOND FOR THIS GUY. a first if that's what it took.

Dude, I'm not sure if there's a question in there or not. I can't really make sense of what you're trying to say.

Back
Top Bottom