Ahmed re-signs with Miami | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ahmed re-signs with Miami

Curious at the role they have envisioned for him. Probably the 3rd RB based on that dollar amount, if he was 4th they would let him walk and replace with a 7th/udfa.
This is my interpretation, too. Either the money isn’t guaranteed, or the above-minimum money is tied to incentives, or we have decided against (a) bringing back one of Wilson/Mostert or (b) drafting a RB on Day Two.

I don’t see a scenario where it makes sense to give Ahmed $1.8 million guaranteed to run fourth on the depth chart.

Salvon is pretty fricking fast; if not for a bad combine 40, you'd hear more about it, imo.
I really wish we had an accurate 40 time on him. His combine time is obviously not representative. The guy can fly. But it’s not clear to me whether he’s a 4.45, 4.40, or 4.35 type of guy. I’d love to know.

Ahmed’s answered the call and played well when given the chance going back to the Pats and Cardinals wins in 2020. Great inside zone and trap runner, when we change up from our outside zone staple. I liked him in the “who do we keep, that’s on the bubble threads in August”, and I’m happy we’re keeping him for cheap now.

**** I didn't realize this was already posted can a mod merge this with the other thread. I've been working all day and thought this was news bc it said the Dolphins tweeted it 1 min ago. I'm out of the loop today

Back
Top Bottom