Ahmed to IR | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ahmed to IR

I have to ask. Why do you say that?

The guy is the second leading rusher in yardage this year. He is #1 in TDs. He is third in YPC (career) for all backs in the SB era.

Yes, he has an injury history, but he is carrying the load at a high level as RB1.

22 carries is high, but I sure don't want him in single digits.
He has an injury history, he’s over 30, he’s our best RB and he will more than likely break down if we keep giving him 22 carries as he doesn’t shy away from contact, he initiates it a lot.

I’m not advocating for single digit carries, I’m advocating more in the region of 15 carries a game, that’s why I said 22 carries is 50% more than I would like.

He has an injury history, he’s over 30, he’s our best RB and he will more than likely break down if we keep giving him 22 carries as he doesn’t shy away from contact, he initiates it a lot.

I’m not advocating for single digit carries, I’m advocating more in the region of 15 carries a game, that’s why I said 22 carries is 50% more than I would like.
I prefer to look at it like this.

If he be getting 22 carries a game it's a good sign.

Injury history is a valid point.

I don't know that over 30 matters in this case, though. He hasn't got nearly the mileage your normal 30 yr old back has.

Darrynton Evans probably makes his Dolphins debut I’d imagine. Assuming Achane is out, we’ve only got Mostert, Wilson, and Ingold (FB).

Bears signed him from our practice squad and he appeared in 5 games rushing 30 times for 105 yards and a TD. Also caught 7 receptions for 49 yards. Waived in November and now back on the PS as the likely next man up.

Imagine if we could have gotten derrick henry. Henry on this team puts us over the top. A guy can dream....

Imagine if we could have gotten derrick henry. Henry on this team puts us over the top. A guy can dream....
Seriously?

Mostert's numbers are better this year. In some cases substantially.

How is a lesser performance putting us over the top?

Injury history is a valid point.

I don't know that over 30 matters in this case, though. He hasn't got nearly the mileage your normal 30 yr old back has.
True he doesn't have a lot of mileage but he has a lot of injuries. Last season may have been the healthiest of his career. I just think having him carry it 20-25 times a game is an injury waiting to happen.

I hope we see a breakdown against the Jets of something like 15 for Mostert and 12 for Wilson, unless one of them is tearing it up while the other is struggling. Wilson seems to be the forgotten man for some reason, maybe his injury affected him more than we know.

Seriously?

Mostert's numbers are better this year. In some cases substantially.

How is a lesser performance putting us over the top?
I mostly meant because we're so thin at RB. But..... it's hard to compare two different backs in two different systems. I think all things being equal, Henry is superior to Mostert.

Back
Top Bottom